Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!

• Jack
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Pi is exactly 3
  • Thank Yous: 308
14 Sep 2015 18:59 #31 by Jack (Keeperofdice)
Replied by Jack (Keeperofdice) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
This event was fun, involved, emotional, and non-stop. Sleep is a luxury I couldn't afford.

Ostcliff Module was fantastic. Amazing player ingenuity, growth, and trust. Bravo!

The return of The Circle of Ten.

Dealings with Lord Silverbow and Sir Huergar and Rane. Looking forward to see where this goes.

Everything involving Orophin and Ava. Politics at it's finest with everyone involved. Bittersweet to the end. I will miss my friend and waifu.

All the Sciencing with the Homoculi.

Almost exclusively fighting Brutus all Main Mod, Calm has never felt more useful! And Oren batman-esqueing his cloak to give me and another more shadows to hide in.

Circle of Ten Part II but had to leave for my shift.

As alas missed the scholars meeting because of my shift. :(

Scaring Blacktree to death.

Playing with Turtles.

Meeting with the Tanwyns.

Playing with Cards.

And now next month: A lot of old loose ends can get tied up.

Thank you everyone I interacted with all weekend. In even the smallest ways it was meaningful. I probably can't remember every small detail as my brain is still fried. It was jam packed with stuff to do and I'm STILL doing stuff from the event. Feel free to send me PM's and keep the rhythm going. I have coffee. :-P

I want to say a special thanks to everyone involved in the events leading up to and the scene with Orophin. We've been waiting for over 6 months to finally have that happen. It was tense, nail biting, and overall emotionally difficult. I paid for my seat, BUT I ONLY USED THE EDGE.

Ser Jack Siefer
Knight Of Drega'Mire
Head of Research & Development of Kormyre
Sky Marshal
Captain of the K.A.S. Tarrasque

OOG: Gus M.

“Men learn from their failures. I prefer to learn from the failures of others..”
"Sometimes what the world doesn't need is a hero. Sometimes what it needs is a monster."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Narcis (ChrisR), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2)
14 Sep 2015 21:41 #32 by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw)
Replied by Captain Jackdaw (Captain Jackdaw) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
So.... that was my first time.... will they all be that fun?

Seriously though, that was a whole mess of fun. My highlights include;

- Getting trapped in a tent by a swarm of Homunculi in what has to be the most zombie apocalypse like thing to ever happen to me.

- Going "What if I just sit down and had a drink with the boss monster?" (something I've done before in games) and having it actually work. Leading to me getting invested in the story of the four brothers. (I seriously wish I had seen that through, but I really thought "Okay there's no way we can turn the boss monsters from the main battle in a boffer LARP to our side." And then you guys did! Like wow, it is such a refreshing joy to find a game where role playing can shift how things play out to such a degree, I can't wait to come back and really dig in now that I know, rather than playing it safe and staying back to watch.)

- Getting a party of a dozen players to follow our NPC party of (let's face it, kind of terrible adventures) into the woods to go on a quest that we had long since failed to put our spirits to rest.

- Going on a mod that was definitely *not* built with first time players in mind and some how being one of the only survivors.

- The final battle against an army in the middle of a rain storm, how cinematic can you get?

- Late night completely ineffectual pirate ghost fighting in the Inn. (thanks for doing actual ghost fighting Witch Hunters)

Jackdaw
Captain of the Winged Victory
Baronial Ambassador to Coast Haven
Champion of Homunculus City

OOG: Justin M. Whitmore,
Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Velius (Velius), Fortier (Greysect), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Tsoli
  • Life is simple, but we insist on making it complex
  • Thank Yous: 63
15 Sep 2015 00:27 #33 by Tsoli (Tsoli)
Replied by Tsoli (Tsoli) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
I had a Blast this event, first one in 6 months i didn't have to work saturday.

Great lesson from Mark B who made a cameo. Thanks.
Great saturday interactions at like 1208 AM you know who you are.
Speaking of which i like the teammates we Had for things, a very fantastic combination.

made a good chunk of coin
Crotch goblins
Running mods for newer players is great, I love hearing from them that they really enjoyed what I put together and it really makes my event hearing that.... rock rock rock rock rock rock rock

playing politics

Rolling bones sunday morning

You went to BOLTON'S???? sigh.... that was dumb.

chats all over the place with the things and the people, especially the people i hadn't really talked to that have been there (ya'll know who you are)

Tanwyn family, you guys are great. Absolutely love the interactions with you guys and ya'll will be a scary bunch to cross when you have been around a while.

there are more but if i kept typing i'd be here all night, suffice to say i had a blast.

T'soli Silverbow of House Silverbow

If we call for the proof and we question the answers,
Only the doubt will grow

OOG: Bill Friederich - Live while you Live
Kitchen Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Fortier (Greysect), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
15 Sep 2015 01:59 - 15 Sep 2015 02:02 #34 by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2)
Replied by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
The best event I've attended yet.

Friday night:
Thanks for the gift, you know who you are
The letters that fell from the sky...thanks lideous
Cade :"We got the homunculi sword. "
T'soli: "Well at least it's not a liches philactory!" *ensuing laughter*
The homunculi attacking the inn were awesome and so was everyone that fought them off.
Saved my big brother Cade from an invisible assassin. Him making up for it by having Edmund forge us twin daggers. A gift I'll never forget.

Saturday:
-Missed an appointment, damnit.
-Did some bartering with Ginooki at market faire
-thanks for the Astral essences, you know who you are.
- Caldor simply amazing me speaking of protections and runes over coffee in the inn.
- Jackdaw and his crew, goldfinch and haren. Sorry about Saturday night!
-thanks to everyone who got me back to the inn in time before my spirit passed. to the physician who reanimated me, I forget your name, but thank you. I'll have fun with my "side effects"
-this is to T'soli and Dmitri, thank you for the lessons, especially the ones learned the hard way, Dmitri. I absolutely crave the RP with you both. This is my apology, I've come to view the both of you as mentors and can't help but feel like I let you down in at least some way. Thanks for your patience.

Sunday:
Damien, thanks for the mod. It was a truly humbling experience, thanks to everyone who ventured into that cave with me and your commitment to making it out alive. Cade, canaan, baxter, Vladimir, Viktor, Sébastien. It was truly a death trap.

Justé wrote:
Then there's Sunday. I should have just stayed in bed.
I decided to help some Gypsies get to a MOD site that went into a dark cave to get some dagger or something. While feeling around the wall to guide myself through the darkness, I triggered a trap that knocked me out and sliced my leg off. I returned to consciousness and tried to crawl away from the madness. I had them strap my leg onto me, which was all the help they gave me. I was crawling away, yes...But You should still probably try to help me in SOME way. Buuuut...No. They left me for dead. So I crawled really really slowly back to civilization...Twice...Got my leg fixed up, and went OOG for cleanup.

Sébastien, if I recall correctly, this was the only help you had requested. You knew the risks. I caught a life tag if it makes you feel any better.

Thanks to Willa and peonis for guiding my spirit to and through the focus.

Viktor, no apology necessary. I should have led us through the cave better. Always a pleasure. Interacting with you. It seems as though the bond we share is beyond being Romani.

Thanks to everyone that I had even a moment of interaction with. And for welcoming the tanwyn clan into this world the way you have. Five events in and KR has become a place that I truly love.

Calven Tanwyn
Youngest living of the Tanwyn Clan

"Ah, the infamous Tanwyns."
"I haven't heard the infamous part."
"I have."

OOG:Jared Yampolsky

Tanwyn, Calven

OOG: Jared Yampolsky
Last edit: 15 Sep 2015 02:02 by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2). Reason: OOG name
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tsoli (Tsoli), Fortier (Greysect), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
15 Sep 2015 08:18 #35 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
KR politics the Art of the Possible meeting threats resolutions.

KR the Land of Free Thinking Discovered. Main mod! Effecting an outcome. Feeling a part even when missing out in the rain.

KR the Dragoon Holiday - cairn decorating, introductions, history,

KR the teaching sessions - history logistics two hander techniques.

KR the drowned cold. - my personal lowlight as I had to miss a mod because of wet cold body pain.

Totally great game. Wanting more.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
15 Sep 2015 12:21 #36 by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn)
Replied by Ketryn Shiverthorn (Ketryn) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
+1 awesomely intense Huntress RP with Kit right after lay-on. Gah, I can't gush enough.

+1 incredibly intense lesson with Cyndra. Wheeewwwwwww. You took my character through all of the emotions. So much yelling. So many feels. Confrontations involving deepest darkest fears.

-I'm sorry I missed Alisandria mod this time but hopefully I'll get another chance. I heard it was awesome. RP with Kit was worth it though.

-Participated in Main Mod this time as Ketryn instead of an NPC and actually felt mildly effective (not totally at risk of death at all times) on the battlefield. That's a first. Maybe I won't always hang back so much in the future.

-"Ketryn, come back here. You aren't suppose to wander off anywhere. Stop wandering off! Again?!"

-I spent about half the event with one eye covered up and absolutely no weapon wandering around in the midst of homunculi hordes and did not take a character death so that's something. I did admit to a sense of personal relief when Lord Blackthorne finally permitted Ketryn to have a dagger again. Whew.

-"I will break your little twig legs if you show up here early in the morning as an NPC bard" Teehee

-Oh Ilanna

-Oh Keavy

-Oh Lord Gideon

-Being asked to "come immediately to the Nobles meeting with all of your letters," gathering up all of Ketryn's copies of her blood-smeared personal notes, realizing halfway there and saying "Whups. Uh....Wrong letters. Hang on. I think they meant the OTHER letter" and then running back to get the right letter...

-Massively awkward Feast sitting between Lords Gideon and Blackthorne and looking all wide-eyed

-Lady Blackthorne answering the door to Homunculi and then immediately feeding them tiny quiche pies. "How did you stop the fight?" "Quiche."

-Both Victors, being awesome, chatting late at night

Huntress Ketryn Shiverthorn
Private of the Baronial Guard

OOG- Kat B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Fortier (Greysect), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
15 Sep 2015 12:34 #37 by Nate Pettyjohn (snapcracklepop)
Replied by Nate Pettyjohn (snapcracklepop) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
This was my first event with KR, and it was definitely memorable. I played Goldfinch, flashy sidekick for captain Jackdaw.

Big thanks to Jackdaw and the Tanwyn's for encouraging me to jump in. Our little crew of the Winged Victory were dragged immediately into the thick of things.

Who knew that for some of those way over my head moments our starting abilities were just what was needed, or even the simple suggestion that the guard holds a key.

I loved the shocked looks we kept getting when we said it was our first event. In fairness we had mostly larped before, and done costuming and roleplaying for a while.

Thrilled that saving the brothers turned out to be a thing, hope maybe in some small way we helped make that possible, or at least helped players consider even trying this.

This was a fantastic experience, thank you all for making us feel so welcome and so immediately involved. I'm sure we'll be back.

Nate Pettyjohn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
15 Sep 2015 12:54 #38 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
It was such a nice surprise to see you Nate!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nate Pettyjohn (snapcracklepop)
  • Magnus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In fearful Day, In Raging Night...
  • Thank Yous: 483
15 Sep 2015 15:54 #39 by Magnus (hippy g0th)
Replied by Magnus (hippy g0th) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Nate you guys played a big part in the way the story turned out this weekend A+ job all of you

Matthew Majchrzak

ST

Lord General Magnus

"Not Dead Yet!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: geezer (geezer), Damien (Damien), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Nate Pettyjohn (snapcracklepop)
15 Sep 2015 20:10 - 16 Sep 2015 19:40 #40 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday)
Replied by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
What an amazing event! I can feel people taking a shine to my character and it tickles me every shade of pink under the sun. I’ve been paving this Sylph’s road with bad ideas and terrible decisions and it seems he’s been making friends almost as quickly as he’s horribly accidentally maiming them. I couldn’t be more excited to see what’s in store for him next.

On an anecdotal note, blasting Flogging Molly on the way up to Camp Sac was good but listening to Queen on the way back under a double rainbow on the highway was even more spectacular. Now, onto the show!

Friday night Zipeto and Shane were a tag team of awesomeness. I loved the creative chaos you two hatched when you work together. Loki would shit his pants over both of you. I wasn’t there for the coin beetles, but I’m sure some of the PCs will be talking about them for centuries to come. NPCing friday night was sleepless and I apologize for what I said when I was sleepy.

Collin’s getting more gutsy with my rogue douchebaggery. Now that he’s had a taste of cream, I don’t think his streak will be relenting any time soon. He’s apparently blasé enough to attempt to rob the lord of Pendarvin for 10 gold, later confirming he would have tried it for 5. It’s a shame those Deep Pockets will always thwart him.

He’s also been opening up a bit more about problematic opinions, from goblins to dragoons to guardsmen and healers. Matter of fact, he’s been racking up points insulting everybody.

THE REUNION OF VALANYE AND COLLIN. Him and Valanye had been corresponding throughletters, carrier pelicans, etc. between moons and it finally culminated to getting the original crew being back together - on their one year Larpversary, no less. All of these players have grown in so many ways and Collin’s bringing up the rear but even he’s making strides.

Main mod with Kardin - OI, NORTHMAN. Also, I lost the same leg upwards of 5 or 6 times.

The bardic ukelele circle was comfy as fuck. I want more of those!!

Sunday morning Battle Royale was a roaring success. I should have known all the people Collin’s ever insulted would team-up against him. My unrelenting admiration goes to Creed for giving all these PCs the chance to make this awesome idea a reality. HEY, FIND ME ON FACEBOOK. LET'S TALK TURKEY ABOUT CLEANING UP THE COURT.

I also shot the breeze with a bunch of PCs late Sunday and all I can say is Magnus is adorable.

I'll keep adding to this post as things come up......

All in all, great event and I'm super stoked to see everybody in October!

**☠☠☠☠CAPTAIN☠☠☠☠** Collin Hayes
(Former) Captain of the King of Herrings
[hr][OOG: Morgan]
Last edit: 16 Sep 2015 19:40 by Lesser Skeleton (ThisDevilsWorkday).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
15 Sep 2015 21:47 - 15 Sep 2015 21:47 #41 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Event theme: Friendship is Magic

Friday shenanigans with Kendrick and Jed and co. There were some truly amazing conversations that happened. Roach/Oscar, I've never seen that side of you... wow! The Ostcliff scene was amazing...
Seeing Clove again!
Ketryn continued her amazing story... Loved the crown!
Damn it, got got by the Lord of Tears. Nightmares for weeks. Darn you Zipeto/Oakley!
Notes! Bloody notes for days!
With Hunter patrol with Forest, Lorelai, Zelritch and Isabella.
Patrol with Orophin, Ava and Chenjing... lol
Being fabulous with Peonias, Jade and Emmeline on the ramp.
Random death wedding...
Truly floored by Tobias' interaction with Bartholomew. What a scene!
Treason for all the right reasons! ;)
Peonias.... I love you.
Good times with Teacher, Trexel and Gallamah.
Sad to see Orophin and Ava go...
ALL of the intercepts during main mod!
Being the Hug Ghost for late night NPC shift on Saturday. Omg, that was such silly, wholesome fun.
NPCing the endless fire imps... hope we made y'all feel bad when you killed our best friend!
The random tournament on Sunday! Good work, Colin! That was fun!
The thirty second rescue of Wylla and Morgan from the orcs.
Master Warrior lesson part 2 with Edwin!
Chasing Sergei around for him being a little devil!
Paladin jousting and deadly bubbles!
Homunculi brothers, you all role played so epically! It warms my heart that compassion won this event. Good job, Travance! <3 Praise Andorra!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
Last edit: 15 Sep 2015 21:47 by Swyft (agentswift).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Simon (BigZ), Onca (Lorelai), Narcis (ChrisR), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
15 Sep 2015 22:26 #42 by Onca (Lorelai)
Replied by Onca (Lorelai) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!

Swyft wrote: With Hunter patrol with Forest, Lorelai, Zelritch and Isabella.

See, you -should- be a witch hunter ;)

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon (BigZ), Swyft (agentswift)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
15 Sep 2015 23:27 #43 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!

Swyft wrote: Treason for all the right reasons! ;)

NPCing the endless fire imps... hope we made y'all feel bad when you killed our best friend!

TREASON! :D

As for those fire imps...
"fire imps...crying? That's it, this town has officially gotten too crazy for me"

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swyft (agentswift)
16 Sep 2015 06:18 #44 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!

Swyft wrote: Event theme: Friendship is Magic

As Caldor said repeatedly, "ugh no. Magic is nasty and bad. Friendship is Divine"

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annora (Karen), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 Sep 2015 12:33 #45 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
My weekend has percolated through my mind and is now ready to flow through my fingers, but in no particular order:

Performing a Rite outside in darkness with Mark B, Billy F, May, and Chad. An area 14' x 18' lit by 5 LED candles as the sole illumination. Argestreon was sitting at a bench, taking it in.

Scholar's meeting in the Pendarvin SH. It was not sick, but was nicely twisted. A doff of my hat to Drew and Chris.

Playing a game of Chess for a wager of 100g to his 5, and allowing him to take back his last move after my reply is one thing, but sacrificing a rook for a mating attack made it interesting for me. This game, I entertained myself.

Fighting the homunculi in the rain. It was a proper reminder that many battles, some of major import, were fought in such conditions, though in daylight. Selective fighting, with more directing.

52 Sunday orders of eggs, and much yogurt, and TY Renee D. But my Kitchen Highlight was Leslie escorting a somewhat confused Jeremy S to me for community service for something he did. Put him on KP and fed him first, the latter of which gave him much to mull over while he washed dishes and cleaned bottles.

Resolving the problems between me and my Bank and the Bank of Travance.

Other financial RP

Eh, a Priority Mail delivery has temporarily derailed my train of thought.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
16 Sep 2015 12:51 #46 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
I can't sum up the weekend in anything less than a few hours when I talk to my friends!

This past event was my first LARP event ever and I've already made friends and have gears in motion for other things.

I was NPC'ing in the forest on Saturday morning and just had a really discouraging time, combat was very difficult with a few of us against a horde of NPC's - after that scenario though, I was NPCing again in the Homunculus army and was really on my A game. I even had a few people compliment me on my performance and ability to dodge spell packets while swaying and shambling.

I had a staff created for me by one of my new friends, met Colin the Pirate and helped with the impromptu Battle Royale arena on Sunday, which we need to have some further discussions about.....I had a chat with some people (sorry, I am not the best with names, I have a few written down at home) about doing some work out at the basketball court to make it safer and to turn it in to an actual arena -- I would absolutely dedicate my personal time to help with the construction of that (plus, I live only 20 minutes away).

Sadly, I missed the main event after feast, I went a bit overboard with helping clean afterwards with bringing in a few tables worth of dirty plates and then washing out all the water bottles and a boatload of mugs!
I wasn't told about the event until well after it was over :(

I was able to grab James and go OOG to let him know how much fun I was having and that I truly appreciated everything, put a smile on his face so there's that! (I work a thankless job so I like to be able to let people know they're appreciated).

I am already working on making my character....better. I am still glowing from the event (well, super sore too).

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Andy (Andy), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
16 Sep 2015 13:15 #47 by Cannan Fitch (Knightof13)
Replied by Cannan Fitch (Knightof13) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
This event was a hell of an emotional roller coaster in so many ways! Thank you Matt for a great event with a plot that was seemingly designed to continue breaking my heart after my first encounter with the father.

So Friday: Humonculi fights and wonderful IG debate on the meaning of life, later to be followed by nightmares

Saturday: More wonderful RP, and heart wrenching guilt at my repeated failures (which is going to add so very much to my characters development)

Sunday: Wonderful end to the event, and a curious run in with a (not so) all powerful Mage. Plus some interesting essence finds

Once again thanks to Matt and everyone else for this wonderful event! This plot line has made me feel so much more involved with the world.

PS I noticed your smug looks

"A means to an end..."

Thomas Dono
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
16 Sep 2015 17:46 #48 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
September event highlights:

Friday Night, Ostcliff Mod. Not giving too much away, but we'll done, well run, and great work everyone. Tim, you were awesome. Oriphin will be missed, I bow my head to your Role Play sir, your a professional.

Witch Hunter stuff and Patrol, whoever ran the water out to the fight, thank you!

More fighting, followed by water and fighting, is that the sun coming up? Passed out, like fell into bed and was snoring.

Rein...WHAT DID YOU DO???

Saturday, NPCing, helping new players, feast help, more NPCing
Side note on this: of you get sentenced to kitchen duty, DO IT!

A great talk with Damian, you are truly wise, professional, and know how to talk in a way others listen. I learned a lot for that talk.

Luis, once again your Role Play shaped a few new PCs, if I had role play points to give, you should shower in them.

I had an OOG issue come IF fast, those that took the time to help and fix it, your in your roles for that very reason, personally, thank you Josh Lebar, Steve Oros, and Matt Magnus...You ran the event and took the time to help with an issue, outstanding.

Chris Zipeto...is Mad Genius, of how beautiful your mind is, but seriously, dude you scare the shit out of me.

Rachel and Nick: Fighting AGAINST you firming main mod...ouch.

Sunday:
"A little help Kalidonia, HELP!!!" Caldor buffing a half naked Aggie with my spandex, sandals, and two hander running to help...BLACKTREE?
There she is folks, IN a damn tree fire elementals all around. Speed up the story...and I need new spandex, point is, I came. We help each other. Will Bartlett, NOT A WORD, please bro.

Some orcs kidnapped to Guards and members of Ostcliff...bad freaking day to be one of those orcs...which brings us to the Arena. More to come soon.

See y'all next month. Great weekend y'all.

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Damien (Damien), Simon (BigZ), Onca (Lorelai), Sergei Petsho (Bran MacInnes), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Sep 2015 19:58 #49 by geezer (geezer)
Back on track:

After a two year delay, I finally had my meeting with the Count. Also present was Damien. A+ RP, but have no desire to wait two more years for a reprise.

Very early Saturday/Sunday, a group of 15 or so Aguarrans attacked Pendarvin. I was fairly (well over 2/3 drained in defenses. Managed to kill some, but had to retreat to the SH eventually. I unknowingly saved a vassal's life. Matt F played an Aguarran Priest in a first rate manner.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

The following user(s) said Thank You: Damien (Damien)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
17 Sep 2015 06:55 - 17 Sep 2015 06:57 #50 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Let's see

-Losing my voice being a homunculi first round. Very fun would homunculi again.

- watching the lord of tears mess with people at the barracks.

-"sleep" smithing, I don't think I sold it as well as the sleep healing I've seen. Maybe I should leave sleep gaming to the pro's.

-[strike]Stealing[/strike] Removing the weapons from the homunculi.

-Waiting for a meeting.

-Suicide pact wedding?

-More smithing while waiting

-Feast clean up with skeleton crew

-Trying to hide from a rather large group of Dark Clergy looking to mess with the barracks altar (sorry to ruin half your fun)

-Dodge lesson

-being left out of please don't tell people pleads (This is to you Forest) for things that should not be seen.

-Post KR soup in nest session.

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
Last edit: 17 Sep 2015 06:57 by Angry (Angryman86). Reason: Strike through not right
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Tyros (Tyros), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Sep 2015 09:45 #51 by geezer (geezer)
Matt Calo in a kilt. He does have the legs for it. :cool:

If anyone has a photo,its worth a slice of pie to see it.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster

19 Sep 2015 14:53 #52 by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF)
Replied by Jurgur'mosh Goretusk (MattF) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Just want to say I had a wonderful time NPCing for the weekend, I interacted with both new players and old and it was wonderful seeing you all. From Humunculi, Iron Golems, Aguarrans ( had fun Charlie), Assassins, Brutes, and other fun and horrible things, it was a great return to the game.

Jurgur'mosh GoreTusk
free orc
(OOG-Matt F)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
19 Sep 2015 16:23 #53 by Jonathan Medina (JackThorn2)
Replied by Jonathan Medina (JackThorn2) on topic Septemeber 2015 Event Hightlights!!!!
Ahh... Just another day at the office.

Friday:

Typical reunion among close allies and peers. I was mostly chatting up a storm with some other Londwyns I haven't met prior. Then the humunculi tried to attack the inn. Dumb mistake. THIS IS TRAVANCE!!! But I did end up losing an arm and a leg. But Doctor Tobias is an excellent physician and was able to reattach my limbs.

Later I left with the Adventurer's Guild, marching to the Gypsy Caravan, only to spot scar faced infants on the road. Peoniis (I hope I spelled that correctly) and I walked over to them, and I made a really REALLY REALLY DUMB MISTAKE. I called a dagger strike on one. They congealed and grew into monstrous creatures, and cleaved me in half.

All in all I ended up being killed IG by the baby things, and I do mean killed. I waited the appropriate 10 minutes until death. Luckily, Utguard found my body and brought me back to the inn. And even more luckily, Ilana was able to reanimate me, without any insanities.

I tried going to sleep. I ended up becoming trapped inside the barracks next with my tent only 10 paces across the field. Ended up sleeping with my head on the table in the building, and some people tried to use First Aid Assess on me IG. At least that's what I was told OOG.

Saturday:
Morning breakfast. Pancakes bacon and sausage. Whoever is working on that kitchen, they most definitely know what they're doing. I couldn't have been more satisfied with my meal. Then my second NPC shift EVER. I got to be a goblin in charge of two massive ogres, until I died and the ogres were set free by the good people of Travance. I also got to be a humunculus. And WHOOO was I tired afterwards.

Around 3:00 the rain came pouring down like barbarians drink their ale. I strongly disliked the rain. My character doesn't mind too much. But my OOG emotions turned into IG emotions. Hopefully Londwyns tea time isn't canceled again.

I went back to my tent to get some snacks and unstrap some of my gear, when more humunculi started attacking the field by the barracks.
I joined in and my other arm was severed, and IG I yelled "BOLLOCKS!!! I'VE LOST ME BLOODY ARM AGAIN!!! I'VE JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF THESE-" "first aid assess" "okay, yeah, uhh what you see is my right arm has been cut off."

I swear that if my character wasn't wearing a shirt, the only things anyone would see are stitches all over his body.

Main mod:
Main mod was not at all boring. But unfortunately I had to leave the battle early because of the rain. I didn't wanna get hypothermia. I be there next time.

Sunday:
The battle royale. I wish that we were doing a bracket tourney, with a set amount of hits, and no use of actual body points, a bit like how sparring works. But I was one of the first 5 to die. But like I said, I'll be there next time.

I had so much fun at this event. And I hope to see everyone next time.

IG: (Londwyn) Jack Thorn
OOG: Jonathan Medina
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cael Tanwyn (CaelTanwyn)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds