2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
25 Oct 2015 16:26 - 25 Oct 2015 17:07 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
WOW!

In no particular order...

Bob and Nalick having a freaky Friday moment and bonding about it.

Everyone who tried to comfort Nalick as he got steadily more melancholic, particularly Lorelai and Zelretch, Kardin, and some well-intentioned, aloof, and absolutely adorable advice from Valanye.

Valanye: "Please be happy."

Caldor sticking up for Nalick during some ribbing.

Drunk Nalick. All of the interactions were great, especially when I bumped into His Grace. Ohh, boy...

Finally sitting down with Thalia and having a heart to heart about where to go from here. The scene was incredible!

PUNS. ALL OF THEM. Seriously, I broke my personal record for KR events, despite the Ball being a fifth as long as regular events. A tip of my hat to Kardin for sparring with me at various points throughout the night and at times, involuntarily bowing from laughing so hard. I love how contagious they were and how many people joined in--Cookie Tree advising us to "turn the other cheek."

The lack of an innuendo jar.

Having a rather important talk with Lois while, for the first time, exploring the outside of Moresca. I learned quite a bit about both.

The food. There was so much and it was delicious. I sat down with Winks and was probably the 29th person to make a joke about his "goblin balls."

Blacktree and Garmin. It was a treat sitting with you guys and "having my wish come true." xD

Pluvious' performance at the singing competition and the setup for it.
Thalia and Kardin singing the Evernight song. I'm proud of both of you guys.

Getting a chance to RP with Ecco, the fae who sang so beautifully. Definitely one to watch, and I'll have your poem in December!

Cracking a joke at the joke-telling competition and making the ENTIRE room groan.

Overall, I had a fantastic time. This is one of my all-time favorite events and one where I was more comfortable in my own skin--let alone Nalick's--than I maybe ever have been.

Last edit: 25 Oct 2015 17:07 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Simon (BigZ), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Sindarion
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "I hope you all enjoy iambic heptameter."
  • Thank Yous: 318
26 Oct 2015 02:09 - 26 Oct 2015 02:09 #2 by Sindarion (Steven SA)
Replied by Sindarion (Steven SA) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Donald: "DOWN WITH PANTS!"
Sindarion: "You're right! Who needs pants!"
Everyone: "NO!"

My entire span of having played Sindarion was just a lead up to this moment.

I'll post more when I've completely recovered from travel/ball/larp fatigue!

~ Knight Morgan "Sindarion" Sinclair
[strike]Vagabond[/strike] Harper

OOG:
Steven Sebastian Amore
Last edit: 26 Oct 2015 02:09 by Sindarion (Steven SA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
26 Oct 2015 06:48 #3 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Lamb curry.
Beef tenderloin
Goblin ba...

Oh right more than food.

The new church of Andorra in Kaladonia
The amazing singing contest.
Ribbing Ollie about not having married Rhiannon
Working on the next generation of Heargen.. Shooting two handed swords from bows.

So very happy about the new baron and Lord of Ostcliff

Throughout the entire speech appointing the new seneschal, the room was murmuring "Lois. Just say Lois. We know it's Lois. Come on... You said paperwork... LOIS"

My wife placing in the women's outfit contest in the dress made by Minnie.

Possibly being the first person introduced to the count as a fluffy bunny.

Finally talking to Tobias about my fear of cards.

And of course.

The root of Kaladonia, and all the joy that brings.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
26 Oct 2015 08:58 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
So much i cant say that were highlights.

Food was excellent...what i could have was great. What i couldnt have was a personal torture of sight and scents.

The announcement roll call. Amusingly direct with massive changes and all the scurrying permutations for so many. Not It! Lol I'm just a dirty Merc.

Hugged with my guard down. Multiple times. Birgitta was there to do the rare thing and relax.

'I never thought I'd live to the day i see you in a dress...and you do it well.'

'Donny years ago when i was a little girl.' I put my hand down to indicate height. 'You were never that small.'

Peas and food fights. 'No not here Donny. Donald I mean it.' A story insues.

Watching the dancing thinking the Lord Admiral promised... The Baron didnt. I guess that means no.

Costume awards.

Momma and her couragous chicks. So proud.

Organization, responses, response time and quiet successes. Most would never know there was a problem...

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
26 Oct 2015 09:14 #5 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Followed the advice to eat food and eat well before arriving at the ball. Was not hungry the rest of the night...didn't see any Quinarian cuisine anyway.

Plotting for the next poker tournament already. Yes...plotting. :evil:

Shortly after dinner, thinking "I barely know anyone here!" and within five minutes of that thought, making new friends.

Sleep? What's that

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
26 Oct 2015 10:23 - 26 Oct 2015 10:23 #6 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
OMG forgot two highlights.

1) Tris is the most excellent of grape delivery services. "Hmm... I'm a might peckis... Oh there is a grape in my mouth. Excellent." trying to catch grapes in my mouth thrown from the balcony was extreme fun.

2) Danielle and I had a magical moment where Malakai was talking to me and said... SOMETHING that was really interesting and Caldor was about to object and put forth a counter argument.... when BOOM "Charm" was called quickly, subtly and smoothly. It actually stunned me so much I elected to not call any form of defense and after a few seconds of silence, Clapped my arm around him and dropped my whole argument for "I Like you". Merriment followed. I really wish I could remember the original comment from Malakai, because I remember really being drawn to it when it was said. Damnit.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Last edit: 26 Oct 2015 10:23 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor).
26 Oct 2015 10:34 #7 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Well, I can imagine a lot of shocked Celts now that the ball is over. A MacFhionnlaigh managed to be polite at a formal gathering. No drunken brawls or foodfights broke out. No diplomatic incidents occurred. The end of the world is truly nigh.

In all seriousness, even through anxiety, I managed not to foul up anything, or go full Leatherneck, and have a good time. The nobility changes were a reminder of being in an alien land. He ate strange foods too.

"This is me repaying your father for that."

"Brigitta, I think someone shot this cheese wi' arrows. it has holes in it."

he had brought some of his personally made Whisky (Physrep was apple cider), but not enough Celts were around to drink with him. Seamus did come and they had a hilarious conversation about Alcohol around Arawyn.

"I drink anything Kormyrian and I hear the spirits of barley and hops crying out at what they could have been."

Donald danced and had a date for the first time ever in his life. Very eye opening for a bloody minded foot soldier. This was followed by a long conversation, and a task for Donald from Sir Pluvious.

Mama Brigitta and her killer chicks....

The shock was winning Best Male Costume. though shouting "Down with pants!" was not the wisest thing he ever did. Civilizing the unrefined is a slow process.

that's all I got. till next time, drink water, wear your seatbelt and eat balanced meals.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
27 Oct 2015 09:20 #8 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
-Making up a costume an hour before ball. Thank you Kate for the lovely attire <3

-'Lowlight' of people thinking my cicada pin was a cockroach *huff* Cicada's are cute!

-Ilana finally doesn't have to call 'George' George all the time. Croi's face when she realized who Ilana was walking in with of pure disappointment 'B-But... you're George' but then being happy she could still call him such still anyways.

-Cupcakes, Meats, and Bread. Sooo much bread. Being stupid though and forgetting to grab a loaf for myself and letting someone else take the extra lunch meat X.x'

-Tamzyn

-Daniel and Ilana struggle for three minutes trying to get a slice of pumpkin pie... (it was pretty pathetic X.x)

-"All the things you hold onto..." Very surprised to see that old flower once I really remembered what it was.

-Captain Hayes and Valanye trying to understand dancing. Assuring Clytie what was occurring wasn't her fault.

-Something waiting in the woods to eat JP and I while we were checking out the gardens.

-After party shenanigans

-Brunch with Doug on the way home~!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion)
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
27 Oct 2015 11:25 #9 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
New outfit, that I spotted randomly and bought on a lark at the NYRF went over AMAZINGLY well.

The food, of course. I went light at first pass, but still enjoyed a bit of everything.

New appointments! Very much looking forward to seeing the Barony progress with some new fire in its belly. Very glad to see Lois ascend to Seneschal from the role of "that school teacher with the yardstick" from so long ago.

Good times with people being able to relax, smile, and laugh. The past two years, there was the looming threat of Xualla & Balfurous right after the Ball - this year, no such shadow was cast over people, and it showed in a positive way.

Discussions about the future with more than a few people. Uncle Gideon channeling his totem (see also: food).

One of my main concerns being completely derailed by the people involved before I even got to discuss it with them. It's so *nice* to be wrong for once!

+++

1215 isn't over yet, but this is a marker for a wonderful new future! Onwards and upwards!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
30 Oct 2015 14:41 #10 by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits)
Replied by Herrister G.D. Reynolds (steaknbits) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Making it to the ball is my biggest highlight. I've been tryin. And failing for the last 3 years. 4th was my lucky charm apparently!

- spending the evening as Herrister and Meander, with my darling looking stunningly beautiful all night long.
- gluten free funfetti cookies were the bomb-diggity
-I was the plot short cut for the evening apparently!
-convincing the count to play a game with meander et all
-I finally have a reason for Herrister to give a crap about local politics again.

OOG:
Jason P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Tom P
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 124
30 Oct 2015 14:56 - 30 Oct 2015 14:58 #11 by Tom P (Father Ridigan)
Replied by Tom P (Father Ridigan) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Highlights
-Food. Delicious food.
-Conversations involving just how much an empathy healer can actually feel
-The resulting business involving a new "Andorran/Gaian Community Center" and getting the ok form the nobility.

Lowlights
-only having two goblin balls on my plate.

Tom P

Father Ridigan

Robert "Dirge" Morgan
Last edit: 30 Oct 2015 14:58 by Tom P (Father Ridigan).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
02 Nov 2015 07:32 #12 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
Highlight:
I was the prettiest boy at the ball with the prettiest date of them all.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Kardin
  • The Blackjaw
  • Thank Yous: 121
02 Nov 2015 17:23 #13 by Kardin (Ben)
Replied by Kardin (Ben) on topic 2015 Winterdark Ball Highlights
FIRST BALL EVER WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED WOULD BALL AGAIN!

-Punning with Nalick until I could almost feel Annora twitching violently from across the room.

-NOODLES, CIDER, COOKIES, SAUSAGE, VENISON, HAMS AND GRAPES, GRAPES AND HAMS AND HAM AND GRAPES AND HAM.

-I became the Phantom of Moresca for a while, which was awesome.

-Learned about Bob, and I almost didn't cry at the living tragedy that I never knew before.

-Finally, performing with Thalia and somehow winning? How did that even? So many people were amazing and were more deserving of first place than us (looking at YOU Sindarion). But I'm glad people genuinely felt all the feels about our retelling of the journey to Evernight.

Kardin Armister of the Hiolangorn || Shield of the North
Vassal to Lord Aleister Tartaros of Drega'mire
Iron Centurion of Palindor

============
OOG:
Ben F.
============
"Never get discouraged. People may punish you for every good thing you'll ever do, but you only fail if they get you to stop. Your actions can mend a heart, save a Light, or topple the mightiest foe."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.588 seconds