Campcon highlights

31 Jan 2016 23:32 #1 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Campcon highlights was created by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Food. B and Goose you guys just out did yourselves. I had a hard time because
I over indulged on the foods! No regrets

AD&D 5th ed fun.

Catching up on what was missed in the bar. - I want the FU from you Mr Jonas Kane... Yes you and only you will do. James expect a letter lol.

Beta testing suggestions given and recieved!

The Meeting with the Count. Answering his door. Helping set up for both meetings ICly.

Wine. Laughter. Contracts. So much great stuff in those few words. It was wonderful to see folks after missing event. Truly my life is not as happy without you!

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
01 Feb 2016 01:28 - 01 Feb 2016 01:29 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Campcon highlights
That I ended up going because of a pun. Everyone having the exact same reaction when I told them the pun.

Jennylynn and Judge, thank you again for the burgers!

Shenanigans with Billy and Erik.

Nalick's "usual" being the Andorran holy symbol (a bottle of rosé).

Lorelai walking up to Nalick and saying that the theme in the Chronicle for the following month was to be "The Loss of Innocence" and absolutely no one believing that Nalick hadn't.

Nalick vs. Rook later in the night, barely any of which I remembered the following day.

Feeling thankful that weapons weren't allowed when I confronted Magnus and set up a sort of Batman vs. Superman dynamic between us.

BREAKFAST! Wow. I could go for more of those pancakes right about now and I'm not even hungry.

Playing Gloom for the first time with Onca.

When two kids took an apparently important piece of paper away from Steve and him chasing them around trying to get it back.

Last edit: 01 Feb 2016 01:29 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Fenri Kantaris (Miked), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
01 Feb 2016 09:56 #3 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Campcon highlights
Wasn't supposed to go, ended up going because I'd had a bad week, so glad I did.

Getting to hang out with people I'd gotten to know in game but had never spoken to out of game, making new oog friends.

Bar scene was the highlight of my weekend. Seriously.

Starting the scene in a conversation about whether or not using time magic to reset timelines would screw things up worse than they currently are.

Fenri and your freaking champagne flutes. You win sir, you win.

Stealing rudy's hat. A lot.

Rook getting her fortune told was super eerie. Like, perfectly on the nose, both with her past and her near future. OOG I was super weirded out and super impressed. In game rook is confused and refusing to believe it. Well done sir.

In character never have I ever was quite something. Rook confessing she's never kissed an elf and suddenly getting kissed by Ketryn. And then being given money to *not* kiss fenri.

Deciding to go to bed at like 4 am, getting out of costume and makeup and into pjs, and running downstairs to get some water... And immediately running into Nalick and getting pulled into a scene. Whoops

And then never actually getting to sleep. Double whoops

But getting to talk oog with Matt and a whole bunch of other people was really nice and I'm glad it happened and don't regret not sleeping.

Next day just hanging out and playing some games and just having fun. A fantastic weekend all around. So glad I joined this family!!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
01 Feb 2016 10:18 #4 by Fenri Kantaris (Miked)
Replied by Fenri Kantaris (Miked) on topic Campcon highlights
Oh boy, I felt as though the movie/video game room got no love over the weekend. Every time I went up there it was empty, I think having an "open gaming" instead of planning some contests/events was a bit of a mistake, but I got to see James get all excited and giddy when he came upstairs and saw that we were playing Contra, having a chat about older systems and then me being able to find a game he was talking about for the Neo Geo and playing through the entire thing.

The bar RP scene was amazing, Fenri was the only one that thought about being classy, Clytie also realized it was a great idea, good thing I had two of the flutes. Savages with no class, pffft. Every second of the bar scene was amazing, including when everyone else went to bed and some of us kept hanging out in and out of character. What's that? The sun is up? Well, let's get the place cleaned up before breakfast.

Meeting with the Count was pretty fun also, I think by that point many of us were exhausted though. Being able to interact with people that Fenri doesn't normally interact with was super fun, but being sick at that time was not the greatest for me.

Being able to see the games and find new games at the con was pretty fun also, I am super excited about reading other people's experiences at the con as well.

Fenri Kantaris

OOG: Mike Daly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.717 seconds