Great First Time :)

• Blackfarrow
  • "My name is Death, and the end is near."
  • Thank Yous: 28
24 Jul 2016 19:21 #1 by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
Great First Time :) was created by Blackfarrow (Roman64)
So my friend Sam and I both Full-Time NPC'd for the 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM and 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM times of Friday and Saturday and it was great to be monsters and see all of the skills and Role-playing in action! I got to play a variety of monsters such as a Dire Wolf, Imp Devil, Earth Elemental and of course, a Husk. Overall I enjoyed the NPC front and see that the PC front will be just as enjoyable, if I can survive amongst you all.

My only questions are how do I secure a sleeping abode for the next event and what things should I bring. Also how does one acquire gold in the world? I know that sounds like a trivial question but I want to know because we as NPC's didn't get much to drop in terms of stuff so I'm just wondering how that is acquired.

I also would appreciate any other information that would be helpful to know when PCing and NPCing.

Jurian Blackfarrow
Private of the Baronial Guard of Travance

OOG: Isaiah Roa
24 Jul 2016 20:44 - 24 Jul 2016 20:44 #2 by Templar Aldric (Selrik)
Replied by Templar Aldric (Selrik) on topic Great First Time :)

My only questions are how do I secure a sleeping abode for the next event and what things should I bring. Also how does one acquire gold in the world? I know that sounds like a trivial question but I want to know because we as NPC's didn't get much to drop in terms of stuff so I'm just wondering how that is acquired.

I wondered the same thing too. The answer would be just like real life, apply for work. PCs have businesses, there are Guilds which also pay for jobs completed. The Baronial Guard, Onyx Guard and some Baronial Positions also come with a salary. In addition, you can directly earn money writing for the IC newspaper, and through looting NPCs and working with a group on mods.

There are other ways to earn money but that is FOIG (Find Out In Game)

Welcome to Knight Realms!

Templar Aldric
Champion Fisherman of Amanthyre
Prophet of the Holy Light
Templar of Valos

"The sacred writings are quite specific on the subject of killing, but are a bit fuzzier on the topic of kneecaps."

OOG - David McCormick.
Last edit: 24 Jul 2016 20:44 by Templar Aldric (Selrik).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Blackfarrow (Roman64)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
25 Jul 2016 03:22 #3 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Great First Time :)
Hi, Isaiah!

I'm glad you guys had fun. As to your first question, securing sleeping abodes here is first come, first serve--but we will do our best to find you somewhere to sleep. If you're ever having trouble finding one, myself or another New Player Marshal will help. Typically on Friday nights, you'll find most of us either in the Barn, at Logistics, or floating around the Inn--but most likely the Barn.

How much gold that's dropped, is one of the decisions made by the Monster Marshal who sends out the merchant or monster (or something in between). If you think more loot should be dropped, let your opinion be known. Constructive criticism is helpful!

In addition to the things that Dave mentioned (all of which is public information and your character would have a decent chance of knowing), selling food is a popular and wonderful way to make friends--and gold!--at game. There are other items that people routinely sell. For rules governing this, we turn to the Rulebook:

Rules for Selling Goods at Knight Realms

One of the main components of the Baronial Feast weekend is the Market Faire, when a collection of merchants and craftsmen sell their wares to the public. Some of their goods are In-Game items – smiths sell weapons, alchemists sell their potions, and other characters sell goods and services represented by Commodity Cards, as covered under Trade Skills in the rulebook. However, Out-of-Game goods – e.g., food, costuming, phys-reps for weapons, armor and shields, jewelry – are often for sale as well.

The variety of goods available and the atmosphere it creates are a wonderful addition to each Saturday of a Knight Realms event, but there is a potential problem when mixing the sale of OOG and IG goods. Specifically, when OOG goods are sold for IG money, we run two significant risks. First, such practices can imbalance the game by allowing players with deep pockets to generate wealth for their PCs in a way that other players cannot. Second, selling goods bought exclusively with OOG money for IG money can cause runaway inflation in the IG economy.

Therefore, the following rules will govern the sale of goods – at the Market Faire or in any game capacity – at Knight Realms:

OOG goods of any value can be sold during game-play at Knight Realms, so long as they are appropriate to the setting of the game; the Director has final approval on what goods are acceptable for sale.

OOG goods that are worth less than $10 each can be sold for OOG or IG money; the transaction must be entirely for one or the other.

OOG goods that are worth more than $10 each can only be sold for OOG money.

IG goods can only be sold for IG money.

If your character possesses IG items for which your OOG goods could be used as phys-reps, you can sell them together for the purpose of enhancing role-play. The IG item should be sold for IG money, while the OOG good must be sold adhering to the rules above.

When you're NPCing and you're given a role as a person, act like you're PCing. Give yourself a personality just as you would if you were playing a PC. It will be a more fun, more rewarding experience for you and everyone who role-plays with you.

When you're PCing and interacting with an NPC, treat them like a PC. Yes, you've seen someone wear that same vest and straw hat a thousand times and your real life self knows that it's not a PC, but your character doesn't know the difference.

-Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus (hippy g0th), Mantel (sigma-j)
25 Jul 2016 07:05 #4 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Great First Time :)
Isaiah.

Thank you for your work as NPC and your kind words and questions. You have answers here from a marshal already so I won't respond in that manner.

I will say that the IG businesses can be even more than stated... They can become something more as a unit of gaining currency. Ships crew mercenary groups.... We have had an entire land created from a multiperson endeavor. You know it as Ostcliff.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds