July 2016 Event Highlights!

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
24 Jul 2016 22:58 - 25 Jul 2016 11:22 #1 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
July 2016 Event Highlights! was created by Terzak (TheArchMage)
In advance, I want to say that all of you were amazing this event. There are a few people in particular I'd like to point out, but that'll come later. Anyway, I wanted to write down all the things that I saw this event, but I am extremely tired, so here are the highlights of my highlights.

-Saturday afternoon NPC shift was relatively uneventful, but I enjoyed playing a Husk-buckler.
-Grabbing water for us NPCs in the form of a giant, orange water cooler.

-Being told that the safest place to be was the Barracks before Main Mod, then seeing the Green Null walking towards me as I try to go to the Barracks. I ended up turning around so quickly that the two people scouting for Nulls barely caught up to me.
-Running around Main Mod, trying to avoid the Green and help kill the purple. Ended up avoiding the green and the purple.
-Terzak ended up hurling himself through the void and reconstructing himself from one memory (like everyone else who went through.) Unlike everyone else, however, he does not remember which memory kept him alive.
-Finding my three adventuring friends and having the "WE'RE ALIVE" moment from A New Hope.
-Post Main Mod Wizard's Convention was the only time that Terzak threw spells around that day, but saving the world was definitely worth it.
-Terzak ended up listening to the conversation between Tari, the Twins and the other sorcerers. He ended up hearing a lot of things about Sylus Crone...things that he either doesn't understand or things that he's going to pretend he doesn't understand.

-Volunteering for the Midnight Shift just because, ended up being part of something a lot bigger than I expected.

-Waking up to the sound of '8 Decay' and two claws slamming into me was exactly what I needed to start my morning, so thanks, NPC!
-The pork roll was the second thing that helped me wake up this morning and it was delicious.
-My favorite part of this event happened to be the 'Oh, we're totally not bandits!' mod.
-Apparently, I shouted something along the lines of 'Bandit! Do you know anything about MAGIC?' before burning said bandit into a crisp pile of ash.
-One of these bandits ended up knocking me down taking my sword, prompting Terzak to gather his friends and quest after it. What started as a simple 'Burn them, burn them ALL' encounter ended with Terzak witnessing a Baronial interrogation and getting his sword back...because the bandits had been 'hired' (read: spared) by Sylus Crone, in exchange for never bandit-ing again.

Lastly, I'm going to list a few people who I think did remarkably well this event:
Baron Victor Sylus (and the Priests who blessed Travance before Main Mod) for rallying the town successfully despite literally all of existence being on the line.
Oren, due to his conviction during the Test.
Sylus Crone, both for being so in-character and inadvertently helping me get my sword back. (Terzak will someday need to choose between Good and Evil, and you've shown that Evil is not necessarily a bad choice...)
KR's Staff, for pulling this event off, as this event shaped my character more than the past 10 have combined (and I suspect I'm not the only one.)
The Bandits (and their Marshal) from Sunday morning, because all of that was unplanned and improvised and aggravating IG and I enjoyed it so much.
It also goes without saying that Feast was delicious and their servers were quick and efficient.

Now, if I forgot anything else, such as Nalick's ability to calm and otherwise put latent defenses on a dog and Chop-Chop and company's Fireball adventure, I will likely mention it in the morning.

P.S. We did it guys! We survived the Nulls! I'm so proud of us all!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 11:22 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
25 Jul 2016 04:11 - 25 Jul 2016 04:15 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
Everywhere I looked, there were so many new players. The temperatures were in the triple digits for most of the weekend, but you guys came out in droves to play make-believe with us in the woods anyway--and you were great at it, too!

I've never run my own mod before, so doing for the first time was an experience, to be sure. Thank you to everyone I poked for inspiration, new players and Monster Marshals alike. What ended up being sent out were semi-intelligent rat men who burrowed up to the heroes of Travance with a grocery list of smithing materials so that they could help fight the Null. It was fun standing back and watching the scenes unfold.

"Asking nicely not on list."

Sometimes at KR, there are moments that seem a little too real. Saturday afternoon, Leia, who is a service dog, was running around excitedly--tail and tongue wagging at roughly the same speeds. Somehow, I managed to get the verbals out in time to cast the Andorran prayer "Patience" on her. Almost instantaneously, Leia sat down and her tail lost its urge to mimic a helicopter. Will (Terzak) and I weren't the only ones surprised!

Immanuel, thank you for being a great sport on Friday night when Nalick tried to encourage Kreylin. I'm proud of you, dude!

Thank you to Nathan, who went OOG to make sure I was okay with a certain bit of RP late Saturday night--I appreciated that.

James' narration of the atmosphere and spell effects (Fade From Existence, etc.) right before counting down from 3 at Main Mod, was absolutely terrifying. Kudos.

Speaking of Main Mod, I did well until I walked right into nothingness all by myself.

When the sorcerors and mages went off, I asked if bards qualified, but was told that we didn't. "I want to be special too!" I shouted. The Baron, whom I didn't know was standing less than 10 feet away, replied, "You are special, Nalick."

At Feast, when the Baron removed his rings and assorted accoutrements while making his speech... That was a nice touch!

The ritual to restore a piece of Eodra. Drew, Jason, Joe, Rebecca, and everyone else involved in putting it together and running it--that was just awesome.

Being chased around and attacked by three youngsters while Travance cheered them on. I see how it is!

Fiona kneeling down to meet Brogan's daughter. That scene was utterly adorable.

Receiving the mother of all buffs from Andorra herself. I loved that effect. Thank you to whomever came up with it.

Moments later, "Arawyn" granted Nalick the power to swing once for "800 Copper." Joe Hines, you're my favorite.

Suffice it to say, Nalick had an interesting evening on Saturday. The stammering was unintentional, but it definitely fit. After playing the character for three years, I'm finally getting the hang of this larping thing. Everyone he spoke with the following day--Thalia bringing out an unexpectedly (at least to me!) passionate reply after threatening a certain someone; Aldric's analogy of Nalick as a fisherman (I'm still giggling about that, Dave. "You dog, you."; Gust providing a listening ear and advice--even if it's not necessarily what Nalick wanted to hear; and Lois telling Nalick to capitalize on Travance's victory over the Null:

"It's a new world, Nalick. You deserve to be happy."

Of all the things people said on the subject, that hit the hardest. Damn it, Cassie! <3

Magnus saying goodbye and Nalick/Jeff trying not to cry.

Sunday afternoon shenanigans, including mockery from the peanut gallery on Nalick's so-called "canoodling."

"Nalick, your face is turning as red as your beard!"

Nalick turning to his right and whispering, "I don't care what color my face is."

Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 04:15 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Maralas (adamdrew3), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Terzak (TheArchMage), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
25 Jul 2016 06:54 #3 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
The Null and Travance. It seems to be the combination that can set Birgitta to tears.

This was an emotional rollar coaster ride for the normally stoic Commander of the Blood Spirits.

From the removal of Crosses from two former members, to the loss of Argyle, to the leaving of Magnus (who was apparently to drunk at the time to realize just how much she cared.)

To the use of her plan on the Null and the lock tumbler to create a key method of the Cell Zero Crystal being so needed, to stepping foot on the Path of Legionaire and realizing what her dragon actually looks like by a direct touch of that Spirits presence.

Onward to calling out a Battle Line falling and watching the Null turned back from the ground yo reforming scouting and driving, later to call out the back to back with a partner threat scan 360 and seeing thise left caught close with the purple null bubble by the time to get the move on. Being gifted with 800 ice from that very dragon to back out play against the failsafe creatures.

The relief being punctuated by the new Reyna in her life practically jumping on her right after. The soft chortle coming from her a smile and 'calm down... We are not finished until the girls and the mages succeed. Ah fuck it' strength plus four picking her up and holding her close.

The unusual personals... Angel on love distractions closed doors and who the hell might be on the other side. The regaining of Ginyuki only to find hes going on with Mags. They will have each others back but the old swords feeling the age time and creep hardcore. So many gone lost or leaving. The Count on Sunday morning.

Not to mention the Grove rescue with the Null effects closing in.. What a preview of what was to come. Seeds from that time and place. Thank Goose for those. To the Gate use to where? Are you kidding me? No please... lets go and save what we are paying so much for.

Reporting in bloody battered but sucessful. Twice.

Catching a complaint...figuring out who,realizing my decision was sound on releasing that one from the Cross...since his issue was exactly what I could not get him to stop doing. Relieved it was not my SIC since he too was right there.

Talking to the Ladies...the Girls... F&M. The Light Mass talk and realizing my words touched more than a few there including both of them.

Watching as my QM does his work gets everything converted that we have and out into the populous to do the jobs needing done. Watching my SIC handle affairs with aplomb. Watching my Chaplin inspire the town. Watching my boys and girls watching and being where they are needed without a word said. Reports around the fireside. Watching a town i love to gate and hate to love get their proverbisl $417 together and do the needed as needed and running unofficial lines and tactics on the battlefield.

Dragoon Cairn ritual ....no words. I will be in the artroom as soon as I Can to express that one.

As Winston Zedamore said in Ghostbusters. 'I love this towm!'

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
  • Grashügel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Safety Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 241
25 Jul 2016 11:06 #4 by Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
Replied by Grashügel (HAZMAT221) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
WOW! is all I can say. It has been an amazing weekend and event. Thank you to all that made it possible.

Some of Gras' highlights

- he became an official member of the Onyx guard

-became an astronomer by trade. Hopefully this will aid in his pursuit of knowledge. I also look forward to role playing this in the future.

-Learned a great deal of information about the moon, moon elves, and anything that may be related to them. Gras hopes to learn at least one lore per moon going forward. I am excited to see how much more I can learn and how it will play out in game.
I am also excited to see that my interest is spreading and causing other PCs to take note of the topic as well.

-Seeing how people react to asking about the moon or a moon elf. Some were priceless! Thank you Kanas and Thalia

"it's big, round, and silver"

"what the hell is a moon elf?"

-Running around as a gang of Nature's Heralds and germinating everything in sight regardless of it being a structure or person.

-The desperate feeling during main mod as the world disappeared around us. It was an amazing atmosphere.

- Feeling the power of Arrowyn course through him allowing a great deal of damage to be done to other worldly creatures

Overall, this was a great event. Even though I'm only four months in, I am starting to get a hang of everything especially in regards to RP and truly acting in a way that is appropriate to my character. Thank you again to everyone that made this weekend possible. Already anticipating the next event and what is to come!

Taylor Meise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
25 Jul 2016 11:09 - 25 Jul 2016 11:11 #5 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
"I'm Ava"-pause-"I thought you would be taller!...SEE I can be polite" -Ava meeting Miranda

Getting to explain why Ava was so beat up. You'd be beat up too if you were the one making sure your husband could lure the magic null....with his magic.

Experiencing the unmaking of the world together with Tim as Ava and Orophin was.....intense and almost too real. Ava went through the whole gambit of emotions and when she realized that they were trapped in a small area that wasn't unmade yet she panicked for a little bit until Orophin told her that they had to fight. Every time we got split up as the world was being unmade a few moments later I'd turn around and not see him and thought he'd disappeared forever! Only to hear him call for me a minute later! That had to be some of the MOST INTENSE ROLEPLAY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

Being empowered during the second half of the mod was wonderful! Gave Ava resolve after not knowing why or where or what the mages and sorcerers were doing.

I can't wait for next event and hopefully can succinctly figure out how Ava feels about everything.

Until next time!
#TeamAlwaysExisted

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 11:11 by Narcis (ChrisR).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Magnus (hippy g0th), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
25 Jul 2016 11:18 #6 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
Nalick said

Somehow, I managed to get the verbals out in time to cast the Andorran prayer "Patience" on her. Almost instantaneously, Leia sat down and her tail lost its urge to mimic a helicopter.

Being chased around and attacked by three youngsters while Travance cheered them on. I see how it is!

I learned a lot about what it means to be an Andorran that day, and I think Terzak will try to take that to heart. Burning bandits is not always the right option!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Maralas
  • Thank Yous: 124
25 Jul 2016 11:55 #7 by Maralas (adamdrew3)
Replied by Maralas (adamdrew3) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
Thank you to all the STs, Staff, Officers, Marshalls and everyone who works behind the scenes to make these events so awesome.

This was a mixed event for me. While the IG time was fun and awesome, OOG I was dehydrated and near heat exhaustion at least twice. I did manage to get cooled off; but it was a constant battle.

I had a great time in spite of all of that. Midnight Mass was great as promised! Caldor always has the right words to say. Always!

I feel like Maralas earned her title of Mother at this event. She spent a lot of time trying to make sure people were ok and had water.

I got to RP with so many new players! It was really great! I am bad with names; but I will remember you. I think this is the event where I got to interact with the largest number of new players ever. You guys were awesome and I can't wait to see and RP with you again!

Morning Mass and (nap) Meditation went really well. I think I may just keep doing the meditations. They seem to be helpful IG and OOG.

Main Mass was great. I didn't speak because "A Call to Arms" isn't really what Maralas does. Besides, everyone did such a great job, there wasn't much to add. I was blown away that Miranda and Fiona joined us and an already big crowd got bigger. Just a very awesome moment!!!

Main Mod: I was LM; but since the whole town was going to be involved, there wasn't really anything for me to do, Larry and I donned white headbands and went to watch. I have to say it was pretty darn awesome. We were moving with the group of people and NPCs. The lit path with the NPCs dancing and moving in the darkness gave a beautifully etherial quality to the area. I never get to see this kind of thing, so it was extra cool for me. I got to see my friends in action, fighting and RPing. So awesome. The lighting and music and all the people transformed the area so completely. When we walked through the same space a few hours later, it was hard to believe it was the same area. Well done STs and all of the team who invested so much in giving us an amazingly different space. You all rock. PCs: you all were amazing. Some people were really bummed about being 'faded' but it ended up being super cool. The best part for me was when the survivors moved into the field and stood there for a moment. Then all of the faded people materialized. The sounds of greetings, love, joy, people finding other people was just such a joyous sound! After hearing that, I was not surprised that the Heroes won.

Finally finishing off the event by performing the ritual to heal the shard of Eodra. Thank you, Drew for rushing over! I really appreciate it. Thank you to everyone who was there. All the participants were amazing and it warmed my heart that so many joined in and so many witnessed it. Love for you all.

In spite of the heat, it was a really good event! Thanks again to everyone who worked so hard, especially the people who created the atmosphere and all the people RPing so beautifully!

Maralas Silverstream
High Priestess of Gaia
Alchemist

OOG: Rebecca Hines

Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Angeliana (Angeliana), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
25 Jul 2016 13:46 - 25 Jul 2016 13:48 #8 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
Defiance….

One of the subjects of Brazen Mass… and a rather apt term for this month, given mother nature tried to cook us into subjugation. But Travance is a defiant bunch and said nope.

Boy were we crazy. WORTH IT though… if only for surviving plot and the Heat. (grin)

Highlights for me that stick out and they aren’t all of them, I assure you; they are just what I remember.

- Friday walking around pregame and listening to comments about what was coming. Some interesting ones for sure. That so many old players came this moon… Well it was end of the world plot.
- Lay on speech- believe it or not, giving the safety brief is a highlight for me every time I do. It means my brazen self is trying to impart some knowledge unto y’all and I hope I manage to get it across in a way that it sticks. Which reminds me- I need a swear jar; 1 gold per swear word that slips in to the Safety Briefing…

- Saturday Morning Mass to Brazen and Giving out his Word. A well attended mass which was pleasantly surprising; normally I only get about five to six and this go had nine, including an expected yet unexpected listener.
- Baptisms… All the Baptisms… Five were done throughout the weekend, to include an Eve of Battle one that rattled the Priest for the timing and the petitioner’s reasons for seeking Brazen’s light and warmth into his heart.
- The fighting before feast against the Null Divine. Mad fun despite the serious foe… and I have not had to burn out my card in a battle in some time- Being down to immaculate defense after over fifteen minutes of fighting… is the sign of a seriously good fight and a sign that while out of practice, the nope skills are ok.

- A friend who has wanted to try KR made it to game for a few hours and within minutes, got stuck in. Getting to fight back to back with him in the above mentioned fight… yeah that.
- CALL TO WAR… The Clergy Mass Blessings upon all for the final battle went off as hoped. I would like to thank the smuggler who got me a needed scroll so this could work. Sometimes some shady things need to happen to allow for the Greater Good to happen. (grin)
- AS the last null gets dropped, the waiting for the other shoe to drop and when it did, I started screaming at my self for not seeing what was coming. The hints were all there and I missed putting 2 plus 2 together.
- 17 magic, 17 magic, 17 magic, thisisgettingold, 17 magic, 17 magic, falldownalready, 17 magic, 17 magic….
- “We will not be Erased” and the gift of a 1,000 point body strike to lay unto an enemy. Yeah….
- Breakfast and coffee with His Grace.

- Quiet conference with the Baron at the inn
me: Any word on if it worked?
him: No… and I will not celebrate anything until I know.
me: Aye… and a smart man ye are. I feel the same too….
- Awesome beef dogs over a fire in the encampment…. Simple fare but just plain yummy after everything.
- The pack out… Many hands, light work.

I know there is stuff I missed and such- if I remember, I will post it up.

See folks in August!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 13:48 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
25 Jul 2016 18:33 #9 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
I don't know what to think of my first event, and that's a good thing! I can't wait to come back, and I want to thank all the Marshals and NPCs for their amazing work!

Where to begin...

I think some of the biggest highlights where some of the relationships Reyna formed. She made a lot of good friends, and decided to avoid certain people (Felix Stonebar, I believe was his last name, proposed and she turned him down).

She also got to talk to Lorelai and Elhena Blacktree about joining the Witchunter Academy.

The biggest highlight for me was during main mod and after. After the Null had been released from the monolith and the world started vanishing, Reyna got the killing blow on the Orange Null. Later in the night, she and a group of others (sorry I don't remember everyone who was there!) ran into the Baron at a cookout in Pendarvin, and he commended her for her service during the battle.

I was completely blown away by my first event, and I can't wait to see everyone as soon as I can!

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Sister Danae (Danae), Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Onca (Lorelai), Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Maralas (adamdrew3), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Shinoski (Sageoflight), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Chumana Lind (msneden2), Mantel (sigma-j)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
26 Jul 2016 16:21 #10 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
I'm having a hard time writing this because pretty much the entire event was a highlight. Also I'm still dead from exhaustion, and posting this from BEYOND THE GRAAAAAAVE~~~~

I really enjoyed the Null of War fight on Friday evening. While Lois does less damage than a dire squirrel, letting her give in to bloodlust a little bit was really cool, so thanks for that opportunity!

Friday night, Lois discovered a reason to learn how to be a protector with her non-combative skillset. I can't wait to see where this realization takes her. I also enjoyed seeing that even though Gideon is no longer her official "teacher" for anything, she still goes to him to learn.

Also watching the combat roleplay of Magnus, Jun, and everyone else involved in the wee-hours lightning storm encounter (from safely inside my ice block :p) was hilarious. Mad props to everyone I saw rp'ing being electrocuted over and over!

Glamour grove mod was cool! I knew I kept a spade on my belt for a reason ^_^ I really enjoy it when mods really make you think of a solution other than "hit it until we win".

I loved how the Baronial Officers all just, without discussing it, always made sure to hand off "you're in charge" to another one of us before leaving the inn. I love watching how this group is growing and interacting with each other.

Best. Exchequer. Ever. He knows why <3

I think my favorite part of main mod was the moment when our characters came to inside the Draft of Null. Having to think about which single memory they would build from to recreate themselves was AMAZING. I really hope everyone really thought about it, and if you didn't, that you take the time to do so now. Crystalizing the one thing that now defines you... Wow. Just wow.

JACK STONE! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of that. Thank you to Jason Marin, Soren, and everyone else involved, from start to finish. We did it, guys <3

Stumbling towards the inn after the sorcery thing and running into Ibn, who just wordlessly handed me a cup of coffee and then kept walking. Terrifying masked man, but also magical coffee fairy :-D

Sunday morning - Lois continues to be disgustingly adorable around Bob, and he remains adorably disgusting. Who knew vomiting blood could be so endearing?

I still can't think straight so I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. Overall, this was a great event, with a lot of stellar RP from everyone. I felt super involved with everything (which is pretty rare when you're used to being locked up in meetings and doing paperwork ;-) ), and have some new focus and direction for my character.

Until next time, Travance! All my love <3

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Chumana Lind (msneden2)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
26 Jul 2016 17:29 #11 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
AHHHHH how did I forget these...

Reanimating Danae, realizing Oren keeps more physician physreps on him than I do, and Kardin making a bloody mess :-D

AND THE LETTER & HANDKERCHIEF FROM STARLING AAAAHHHHH THAT WAS SO COOL

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Liz (Liz), Kardin (Ben)
26 Jul 2016 17:30 #12 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
Hi everyone! I had a blast this weekend. A big thank you to all the staff and volunteers who worked so hard to make the end of the world a "reality," so to speak! :-D So hilights!

The poisoning incident. Midori drank from a bottle of poison and dropped. I thoroughly enjoyed that little bit of pvp and the resulting RP.

I enjoyed passing out cherries and watching people's reactions. Some people politely declined. Others were happy to have cherries (because they are delicious). Others made innuendos. My favorites though were the reactions of the people who realized that she actually grew them ON herself. Someone asked her if she had an orchard and she broke into a fit of giggles!

Healing lessons with Amalthea. She gave Midori 3 wonderful healing lessons with some lovely volunteers. Note to self: never volunteer! lol

Bringing someone through the phokus for the first time with Starling, Fenri, and a few other healers. We resurrected a druid who'd turned into a giant wolf (BTW, whoever does accolades, consider this me giving props to Captain Jackdaw for climbing up onto its back and riding it) and become corrupted by his desire to gain the power to protect his friends and family, and a magic rose. He's better now though :)

Feast was delicious! <3

Midori learned something a few month ago when she was told to make sure the Baron didn't die during the fight with all the undead. This month, she was able to apply that lesson to the battle with the Null.

When the obelisk was destroyed and the world started being unmade, that was incredibly intense, made more so by my ooc claustrophobia. I'm fine, and was fine the whole time. It was just the right amount of bleed to enhance the urgency of the situation.

Chenjing pulling Midori out of a void that was forming around her, only to get caught in it himself, and Thallia and Midori saving each other back and forth. Then getting caught in a nether vortex to have Eli snatch her out of the air. Everyone watching out for each other during main mod was amazing, as was the reunion when everyone who faded from existence was absolutely incredible!

Being empowered by Arrawyn and Mercy by what I've decided to call "Nether beasts" because I don't know what they're actually called and it sounds cool.

Helping Utgard.

A sweet moment with Miranda in which she gave Midori a hug and some pretty solid advice...that she didn't have to be afraid anymore because anything she was afraid of before pales in comparison to what she just faced and survived.

OOG: Kate Iannacone
IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kardin (Ben), Belketra Folles (pleasantexample), Chumana Lind (msneden2)
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
26 Jul 2016 17:59 #13 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!

Midori Suarez wrote: I enjoyed passing out cherries and watching people's reactions. Some people politely declined. Others were happy to have cherries (because they are delicious). Others made innuendos. My favorites though were the reactions of the people who realized that she actually grew them ON herself. Someone asked her if she had an orchard and she broke into a fit of giggles!

Yummy edible baby blankets XD I loved that bit of RP with you down at drega camp lol You're awesome and thanks for the cherries!

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Adertha
  • Thank Yous: 67
26 Jul 2016 18:12 #14 by Adertha (mlouscher)
Replied by Adertha (mlouscher) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
I think this was the first event in a while that I really enjoyed without having to be paranoid and afraid to act on my own. High points in rough order...

-Friday night, (trying to) protect the Seneschal during the War Null event, losing her repeatedly because jeez, Lois can sneak around when she wants to. I ended up not protecting her so much as being a defenseless blast shield and frantically trying to keep up with her as I got knocked out four times, but it was a lot of fun.

-Getting to be the hook for a new player mod was probably one of my favorite moments yet. It was simple, but being someone that new players looked up to was a great feeling and I'm glad I could help.

-Got to have probably one of the more amusing Hide In Shadows lessons, which apparently puts me somewhere on the imaginary ranking board for 'Fastest Travancian'.
-"?! Sunf--"
"JUSTALESSONDONTWORRYABOUTIT!" [Diving under bunks]

-Dancing around main mod, also known as Rave Mod.

-Being so exhausted that I lazy-gate away from an accostment Saturday night.
-...And then lazy-gating again out of the barracks Sunday morning. Wasn't having any nonsense from you, morning trolls.

Nethrion Adertha Nides
Professor Of Healing, Darkwood Academy
A Woman Of Relatively Little Consequence

==========
OOG: Eva L
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Onca (Lorelai), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Kardin (Ben), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
26 Jul 2016 18:43 #15 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
Great event. Like seriously. This was awesome.

Friday night was fun and laid back as Haz and I don't remember a good chunk of it but what I do remember was awesome, like Hexing Mileof into looking angrily into people's eyes when he's smithing, finding out where psions come from, as well as being appointed the Officer of the Census. Good times.

Saturday was a blast with Ergos and I had tons of great roleplay moments and some good development. Leslie and John, you guys are awesome and look forward to more encounters with you two. Attending masses was great and I look forward to the next ones. Going to the low level mod against Ginyuki was nuts, having to drop 50 HP to heal everyone and sprinting around the field and actually hitting and defending against things with my staff; it was all super awesome and definitely the highlight of this event. Feast was great. Main mod was absolutely terrifying but awesome. Gank shift was ganky. Being a flying sword is fun, especially when you're just screwing with things. Lastly: that sweet tang, tho.

Sunday as Haz was nice and laid back. Getting lessons, getting gold, throwing around some casual curses and participating in some good roleplay; all fun things.

This was a fantastic event and I can't wait until the next one.

-KW

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl), Grashügel (HAZMAT221)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
02 Aug 2016 21:49 #16 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic July 2016 Event Highlights!
Loved making feast, even though it was hot. I have a special love for mashed potatoes. I hope everyone enjoyed them! I had an amazing crew! They really turned it out, guuuurl. <3

That main mod, tho. I honestly thought we might be doing a game reset! :o
Very well organized, Kudos to all the people who orchestrated and carried that mod out.

Dat moment with Bob and Clytie during the end of the world. Saying "Goodbye Clytie" all tear filled and her reaction to it--- wow girl. I love you, May!

Wow some serious shenanigans with Angeliana and Rupert around 4am Saturday... "Indecent Proposal." ;)
That ought to have some crazy results...

Welp, never a dull moment means never bored, right? :D

It was great to see everyone and as always I cherish every moment and never seem to have enough time to spend with everyone! Love you guys!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Mantel (sigma-j)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.693 seconds