November 2016 Event Highlights!

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
07 Nov 2016 11:15 - 07 Nov 2016 11:22 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
November 2016 Event Highlights! was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Boy, there's no time like a Knight Realms event to get away from the madness of political drama, right?

Oh.

Anyway, to our new players, bravo. I don't mean to sound jealous, but I wish I could have hit the ground running as well as you have. It'll only get better from here.

Frankincense and Mirth
Saturday afternoon I dragged a bench in front of Maeve's For SCIENCE Soapery table to have a better look at the wares and have a chat. After some whiffs and quips, a new townsmember (Lifka?) came by and I let slip that Maeve had a beautiful singing voice--I hope I didn't put you on the spot! Nalick clutching a bar of the soap and getting choked up while you sang (and being called a sissy after wiping his eyes) was rather enjoyable karma, though.

Frank Incense
Following Ben Herman's second act of the Shrike mod (with all the wonderful nuance and graphic detail he could muster), we arrived back in the Proper and stood near the Pendarvin statehouse for no longer than 15 seconds when Damien Mograine swung by. He very quickly alerted us that a Guardswoman was dead, that he wasn't at fault, "Bye," and ran off toward the Inn. Allyce called him back and after the brief moment that he did, he turned around to leave again. Wanting more information, Nalick held his staff in front of Damien for a couple seconds to stop him. Damien didn't appreciate that. But he wasn't the only one who started shouting, which surprised me OOG. A bit later in the night, Kardin and Nalick's bonding moment over the fallen Guardswoman.

That Was A Great Event, If You Know What I Mean
You know who you are and I won't out you, but that was the funniest hex I've ever had. For those whom I didn't interact with on Sunday, Chet was hexed to tack on "if you know what I mean" at the end of every sentence. This led him (somehow!) to more innuendo than usual:

"Well, I was just in the Inn, having a bit of coffee, if you know what I mean."
"A sylph and I were having some back and forth, if you know what I mean."

And so on and so forth. There were so many people in stitches and doubled over, myself included. It was one of those moments where I almost wish I didn't have it cured.

Murder Kicked Into High Gear
There was another installment of "Storytime with Karkat" in the Inn. Everything about that was absolutely amazing. Nalick laughed so hard that Swyft and Zelretch thought he died and if Trisana weren't right behind him trying to comfort him, he might have! If you're confused about this highlight's subtitle, so am I. It was part of a line from the book and Zelretch turned into Horatio Caine to sum up the Shrike Mod. Even I groaned at that one.

Almighty An-do-ruh
For a couple months, I started wishing that Nalick could have an accent, so that he would sound different from me OOG and just to give him a little more flavor. I later learned that I should be careful what I wish for. When the Stones and the Fishers went head to head in the Inn, Nalick had his work cut out for him. Steadily through attempts at negotiation and peacekeeping, he adopted more and more of their accent (which as an aside, was great considering they're who Nalick empathizes with--and dresses like--the most). At some point in the night, all of them had left, but there was one still at the bar. He chatted with her for a while and paused every couple of seconds to apologize for talking like that--a fun conversation nonetheless!

Everyone's reactions were great. No, Nalick wasn't hexed. That was Jeff being susceptible to someone friendly speaking in an accent. It was legitimately stuck for several hours, including a jaunt down to Kaladonia for their post-"pie mod" campfire. "Sticky Fingers" O'Caiside, I'm lookin' at you! Before I left the Inn, Karkat had a creative proposal for "scaring me out" of the accent. When Nalick headed toward the door and Karkat told him to stop, the look on Steve's face when Nalick said, "Why, what'chu gon' do about it?" was priceless.

The Halfling Shoe Thief
It all started with a smiling Lord Rudolf.
"Have you heard about the halfling shoe thief? They call him... the sole harvester!" It was fun watching him tell people the joke.

"Underhill" or What Happens When Your Backstory Comes Back to Bite You
Ketryn broke some news to Nalick in the Barracks and he tried to hold himself together until she mentioned a certain someone. Cue the waterworks and the perfectly ill-fitting wool coat. That entire scene was amazing. Thanks again, Kat! And thank you, Ben H., for being so wonderfully demented.

Well Tell Her That I Miss Our Little Talks
Chet chit-chatting with Josephine Weaveforger (Gideon's niece) and making her laugh until the topic broached the war between Londwyn and elven nations. Oops.
More talks with Mouse--both as Nalick and as Chet (both of whom fell over themselves in the process!)
"Gigi." I'm looking forward to more chances with Travance's burgeoning gossip queen!

See y'all at the Ball!

Last edit: 07 Nov 2016 11:22 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Simon (BigZ), JTinney (Swordsaint), Swyft (agentswift), Faila (Faila), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Jack Webb (MichaelCantor), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Ergos (arieslink), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
07 Nov 2016 13:19 #2 by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
Replied by Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
What a welcome back to Travance!

I faced many challenges this feast, not nearly as many combative as I'm use too. That was a refreshing change of pace, I have to stay on my toes more now than ever.

Diane, thank you again. To everyone else who helped feast go as well as it did! I promise you all we already have ideas for the next one.

Steve Oros; THAT mod, wow. I can honestly say, we didn't see That coming. BRAVO Sir, bravo! Oh, story time with Karkat was entertaining to say the least.

Dregamire! You are a comical, skilled, and utterly devastatingly effective combat force. I'm honored to fight with you all. Rook and Annora, I play and joke rough with you, but you two are adorable and loved by this Celt. Praise Andorra! Barrak Teleghast, I had a blast facing demons with you, and welcome a chance to spill blood with you again. Ven, thanks for the support, I'll go to war with you any day.

Witch Hunters, working together again, thinking through the problems, investigating, fighting as one unit. To those whom survived, I call you brother and sister now.

Willie, you are awesome. You know why.

Blood Spirits, while my efforts were elsewhere, I'm very happy with the work we are doing. We are not finished yet, and have much more work coming soon.

I got some much wanted and desired role play, it was soothing to be noticed. I thank you for the opportunity.

I met with many new players this event, I hope to see you all again. You are amazing, and I can't wait to get to know your PCs better.

Until next time, I hope to see you at the Ball, and please do your event recaps!

Del Dragon, Argyle
(OOC: Forest Dougan)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
07 Nov 2016 14:50 #3 by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost)
Replied by Piggy Punch (Wyen Nightfrost) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
Well I'm not normally the one to post here but considering the event I have made the time.

Friday night:
The Galmachian mod blew me out of the water. I expected so much combat that I litterally spent thousands of gold to prepare. The story, the flavor, the interactions. All of these culminated into one of the best roleplay mods I have ever been on. Thank you steve for making my weekend.

The dead guardswoman was great, almost killed another guardsman because of it. Sorry jeff but never touch me with your weapon. Damien despises the guard enough that just made it worse. Fun fact though, I did not do it. Now to watch the fall out from that.

Threads of Fate and the hours of rp to follow.

Saturday:
Introducing myself by my new title and all of the congratulations from all of the clergy even those of valos left me a little stunned. Who knew so many people would be happy to have a Templar of the God of the Dead in town?!

Multiple people telling me I had gotten engaged...congrats to me? I didn't know i even liked someone enough for that.

Main mod was a blast to watch. Two thumbs up to the storytelling team. It was great.

OMG the rp and the result...Damien is now fully prepared for his Crusade over the next few months.

Sunday:
FINALLY getting to have a talk with Lord Rudolph and explaining my religion and the changes.

FINALLY getting to have more than 5 minutes to talk with Chu'mana to learn teach. It took 8 months if anyone was curious

Gene as the demon, I was looking to have one last good fight before I left town. Thanks buddy.

See you all in april.

Baht A'tal Damien Mograinne
Champion of Galmachis

OOG Josh LaBar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), JTinney (Swordsaint), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Chumana Lind (msneden2), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
07 Nov 2016 15:34 #4 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
Woo!! In no particular order:

-Listen, I'm glad I didn't piss off the Kormyrian Representative. She seemed at least a little intrigued in my idea that who is the strongest determines what's right and wrong. But seriously, rules for a mock trial? But then again, Ava doesn't understand those pleasantries. she would've just said "Yeah We did all of those things" on Friday and been like "Nope not sorry"

-Ava passed another class in Orophin's finishing school and that class was: "How to sling mud in a nice package instead of through a canon"

-Always like it when Ava makes sense to a lot of people.

-Aleister is too smart and doesn't like when I try to get him to agree with me when I word things the way I do.

-"You sent Orophin in to be the talk down guy? Even I wouldn't trust him with that" -Ava to Tari

-You know who you are, but welcome to our flock.

-Maybe I should just hold a Question and Answer Forum for all the people asking me questions on a certain topic this event.

- "Definitely demons" is probably my most said phrase this month. But I would be happy never to have to fight or see Batzu again.

Not sure if I can go to ball but if not I will see you all in December!!!

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), Faila (Faila), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
  • Grumpy
  • May be appeased with kittens.
  • Thank Yous: 64
07 Nov 2016 15:54 #5 by Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
Replied by Grumpy (Bookwyrm) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
This was my first Knight Realms event, and . . . not a great introduction. However, the staff and other players, once they found out what was going wrong, made a huge effort to make me feel more welcome and convince me to try things out at least one more time.

I'd like to single out James, Matt D., Tony, Bob and . . . dang it, I can't remember the name of the Romani at the bar . . . for taking the time to talk things over and make lots of suggestions. In particular, the Romani I can't remember decided to delay (or possibly skip; I actually never found out) something he'd been planning in order to just sit and talk OOG. (Which just makes it more embarrassing that I can't remember his IG or OOG name.)

The part of the weekend I truly enjoyed was standing behind the bar during Feast and after, talking with people in-character and serving food and drinks. If I continue with KR, I'll probably ask how I can do that more regularly. The Creepy Bard indirectly helped with that as well.

Nalick wrote: [. . .] After some whiffs and quips, a new townsmember (Lifka?) came by [. . .]

It's spelled Liighka, and pronounced . . . pretty much as you spelled it. :P

Main: Grigori the grumpy healer, adopted member of the Tribe of Berk, adviser to Chief Darius Redmaw.
Alt: Dorian White, physician and alchemist for hire.
Alt: Ruy Sanchez de Castor y Ortiz, the best swordsman in all of Coast Haven!

OOC: Matthew Bowman
Science fiction and fantasy editor, longtime tabletop GM, newbie KR player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt D (MattD), Kleidin (Kleidin), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Moostrav Potrevski (), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
07 Nov 2016 21:33 - 07 Nov 2016 21:37 #6 by Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
Replied by Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
This was my first real time back to KR in a long time, and this time I really enjoyed myself. Thank you to everyone who helped make it that way! My highlights in some random order:

• Amalthea breaking her own arm to teach me Healing Splint. That was my first healer lesson! And it certainly started the night off fun.

• The two bards before feast were great. It was a good idea to have them perform while we all waited -- it distracted us from how hungry we were.

• Learning True Distant Heal with Starling and a Coasthavener whose name I forget (sorry!). He repeatedly stepped out of the Inn, shot himself, and stepped back in further away so I could heal him. Also, this exchange: Alexei: "I was told by a doctor that healers have genetic mutation. I don't even know what that is!" Starling: "Who told you that?! Wait, was it a Londwyn? Was he on drugs?" "Da. Come to think of it, he was taking drugs as he told me." "Yeah, don't listen to him. He's on drugs."

• Posi-coffee

• Doing triage at main mod was very immersive. I mostly ran around and directed people to open healers, but I still managed to feel helpful and spend all my HP. Thanks to the Seneschal for keeping us organized, and to Starling for keeping me alive.

• Pie mod at Kaladonia! Good conversation and baked goods around a nice warm fire, every so often interrupted by undead. Thank you Gideon and Kleiden!

• Hanging around the Inn learning musical theory and Advanced Literacy with Rowan and Josephine.

• Learning Spirit Tether with Therian (sorry, I'm pretty sure I have that wrong) and Nightengale, his "volunteer". Nightengale's roleplay was great -- he even threw himself backward from the force of Therian's attack to put him to crit.
Maybe next month I'll learn more names!

OOG: Chris Bouchard
Last edit: 07 Nov 2016 21:37 by Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard). Reason: Formatting and forgot something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Brian T. (Renthios), Kestrel (Kestrel), Grumpy (Bookwyrm)
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
07 Nov 2016 22:16 - 08 Nov 2016 00:10 #7 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!

Alexei Jengiefsky wrote:

• Learning True Distant Heal with Starling and a Coasthavener whose name I forget (sorry!). He repeatedly stepped out of the Inn, shot himself, and stepped back in further away so I could heal him. Also, this exchange: Alexei: "I was told by a doctor that healers have genetic mutation. I don't even know what that is!" Starling: "Who told you that?! Wait, was it a Londwyn? Was he on drugs?" "Da. Come to think of it, he was taking drugs as he told me." "Yeah, don't listen to him. He's on drugs."

• Posi-coffee

• I'm glad you liked the posi coffee XD I had a great time helping out with your healing lesson with Starling!

I wish I could have been there for the conversation about Dr. Heimdell. Just reading that cracked me up. And the Coast Havener was Captain Jackdaw of Winged Victory :)

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
    Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
    First Mate of the Winged Victory
    Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
    Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
    House Liones
    Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
    New Player Representative
    Last edit: 08 Nov 2016 00:10 by Kestrel (Kestrel).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
    • Kestrel
    07 Nov 2016 23:52 - 08 Nov 2016 00:09 #8 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
    I'm awful at getting my highlights in because I always want to mention every awesome scene and you guys are all so amazing that they get too long/ take too long to write. So this time I'm going to try doing one right away!

I got injured Friday night, so I had to duck out early, but I loved Winged Victory, Jun, Elric, Zelrich, and Co going out to look for trouble, hearing demons being summoned, and at first heading back to warn everyone but deciding to turn and fight when we ran into Amalthea and her team. 10/10 would bite off more than I can chew with again. Kes was especially excited at the chance to fight alongside her teacher.

In general getting to spend more time with Amalthea (and Utgard!) and get another lesson was the highlight of Kestrel's feast weekend! Explaining how the democracy on the ship worked was a really interesting conversation, as was stating my preference for democracy over authority in front of a crowd of Enaxians. Kes was also really happy that Amalthea enjoyed her unorthodox method of dealing with Julius the last time he showed up lol. Sometimes being morbid and of questionable morality comes in handy when it means you can make friends instead of seeing your crew get attacked.

Loved assisting in Amalthea's empathic healing lesson for Midori. Potentially one of the bloodiest personal scenes I've been in yet - sorry about the bloodbath behind the Adventurer's Guild. It started with Amalthea asking how much Kestrel trusted her, and lead to Kes sitting on a bench, getting soothed, and letting Amalthea slit her throat with a slay. The pained role play between Amalthea and Midori was fantastic to watch. Especially Amalthea using her screaming death to teach after inflicting killing blow on herself, and Midori's adorable method of admonishing the wounds before taking them and collapsing.

Getting to help in Starling's healing lesson was awesome as well! Thanks for bringing me in on the discussion of different uses of positive energy :D

Amalthea getting knighted and Kes making a b-line for the nobles table after congratulating her to let Gideon and Kleiden know they had just made an answer to their previous conversation.

Also pie at Kaladonia! That was a lovely evening and great story time XD

Hanging out in pirate tent!

Starling's fear of the dark elf in town. Your role play was consistently amazing and had Kes very concerned.

Being impressed with the discretion shown in the orders not to kill anyone in the battle at main mod, and then relieved when it was demons instead of a war Kes didn't want to fight. Also jumping bodily between Jackdaw and one of the big demons because the demon had gotten too close to the captain while he helped with triage. The space got so tight I eventually couldn't swing my sword and got dropped, but the demon at least moved on instead of attacking triage.

The dead guardsman with the playing card in his mouth. Watching Jackdaw realize what it was and then suddenly turn on the nearest person. Sliding across a table and drawing my sword to sit behind him and ensure no one hurt him further after he was entwined in vines. Thank you Tari for giving us more information on the situation!

On Sunday I loved getting to work with Clytie when the nyad npcs came into the inn to find help for their friend that was suddenly shooting fire. Talk about luck, walking into the inn and being face to face with the two nyad mages lol. Really happy my suggestion of freezing his arm worked and gave us time to talk, and that luck continued and Oren walked up as soon as Clytie and Kes concluded that the nyad, despite all odds, was a wild mage. Awesome role play from Oren and the npcs in the discussion that followed!

Winged Victory getting accused/ investigated for treason and acts of war against the kingdom of Kormyre (not long after getting attacked for being allies of Kormyre, more on that later). That meeting went surprisingly well thanks to Annora, Belechand, and Starling. Suspicions were cleared, problems were addressed, help was offered, and an alliance was renewed. Annora and Belechand did a great job winning back Winged Victory, and Starling, as always, was amazing at presenting the more reasonable side of the crew's interests.

Life counseling for both Kardin and Jun. Kestrel compassion-ed her butt off this weekend and might be running low for a bit.

Magic lessons with Clytie, Crane, and Ebony! Puns will continue to result in encase with ice lol.

Watching what happens when Jun gets involved in a shield lesson lol.

Bar mod! Thanks Gene for running that for us, it was fantastic! We got a lead in our search for Lark and went to go talk to a Bedouin named Wiggles in a bar full of coast haveners. We got confronted with the reputation Winged Victory has been gaining as heroes and allies of Kormyre, and the bar patrons attacked us for it. Had fun throwing a lot of drain life lol Wiggles called us and especially Jackdaw out as being known as a good person who wouldn't follow through on our threats, so Jackdaw ordered Crane to kill the last man in the bar (Nightingale and Peacock had dragged the others outside to heal them after we dropped them), and Starling had to stop him after the first couple counts of killing blow. The discussion between Wiggles, Starling, Jackdaw, and Kestrel to negotiate information and a meeting with the next lead was awesome. Gene was awesome at throwing in things about the crew and things we'd been doing in our between game actions. Thank you again for running that for us, and I hope more crew can be there for the next chapter!

House Liones

Last edit: 08 Nov 2016 00:09 by Kestrel (Kestrel).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
    • Nalick
    • Platinum Member
    • Platinum Member
    • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
    • Thank Yous: 1440
    08 Nov 2016 01:44 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
    Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!

Piggy Punch wrote: The dead guardswoman was great, almost killed another guardsman because of it. Sorry jeff but never touch me with your weapon.

All in good roleplay.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    08 Nov 2016 08:59 #10 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
    Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Hanging out with Felix at the bar

Helping Miss Allyce find the scary pinecones out behind the guard barracks

Miss Amalthea's empathy lesson (Sorry, not sorry, Kestrel). It was bloody. SO BLOODY!!!!

Poor Midori opened her mouth in a political situation. That was a thing. She wanted to cry afterward.

OOG: Kate Iannacone
    IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Kleidin (Kleidin), Liz (Liz), Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kestrel (Kestrel)
    08 Nov 2016 09:34 #11 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
    Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    So much the facilitator. Two people finally find the one. I walk by...they sound like they are Purdy footing around. Turn stop yes you two. Need to talk. Privately. Not here. Its ok its real. Go talk. You need to. A smile to one and I'm off again. Mama Dragon don't care who you choose just be wholehearted in it.

My Spirits at the trial. Duncan Stand Down. Lol guard gets pulled we silently step in. My boys on point in position my girls nearby. Secret services style protections.

On the battlefield. A lull. So Travance how are we this evening? Roar. That's what I like to hear. My own maniacle laughter. Don't waste my time demon. Hold the line. Triage ware behind. Etc. Just oh... Yeah. This reminds me a little of Xualla...not as many not as strong but...imagine this for hours across the world. That. My young ones stare in open mouthed awe. Get to it.

Throaty giggle. Birgittas really a demented soul sometimes.

Ok most times.

Feast delish.

Proud to be a Travancian. A sudden realization that she's really become exactly that.

The teachers patience with the commoners. The wry smile nod to drop one to sleep to get them out of the way and quiet.

Quiet talk with the Seneschal. The same with the Baron. The Blackbird babysitting the young smithing talent and those walking out...

Organization of the BS on tasks needs and teachings. I love you guys... The sparing in the morning. The Boss keeping it light. er than most times.

She's happy. They don't seem to know what to do about a happy Birgitta. Lol

Efficiency and operations make me happy when we have so many. The Blood Spirits 'specialists' doing their jobs so very well too. I got some reports that I just smiled at.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
    Commander of Training Baronial Militia
    Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
    Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
    Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
    • JTinney
    • Elite Member
    • Elite Member
    • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
    • Thank Yous: 537
    08 Nov 2016 09:59 - 08 Nov 2016 10:03 #12 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
    Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    November KR…. Take some indecisive screwy weather, Add in Politics, a dose of daemon and stir.

Coming into this weekend after reading the prologue, I could only think of two things- Vampires and Decapitations.. Gathering the Nobility in one place could have been bad. I was happy to learn I was not the Only person who was thinking about this as being a horrible idea- and the plans suggested were already being considered.

I don’t know if folks thinking like me on defensive things is a good idea or not. More data needs to be had.

Friday night Fights- Ok… I am a Templar, not a Witch Hunter. Granted, I can fight the things that go bump in the night just fine but still....

So why am I having to Witch Hunter?

First Undead then Supa-Daemon… then more undead. Don’t you critters know, Templars can ruin your attempts at seeking “braaains”? Greater Wield Faith getthehellback….. then smitesmitesmite.
    Going back to the Witch Hunting subject- It is NICE being effective against stuff that at this time last year I could not do much to; But for Brazen’s sake, if I am the one Killing Vampires (even if they were small to midsize ones), something is damn wrong…

Speaking of Witch Hunting- a excellent counseling session as a Chaplain to my fellow Spirits. If you are going to travel that road, be sure it’s for the right reasons.

Saturday Morning Fire-roasted beef sausage mod. With Coffee, OJ and Donuts.

Brazen Mass. Very Well Attended and let me tell you- Having bad guys show up at end of the Mass for a God of War…. Priceless.

The Trial- “The GALL of you People. HOW DARE YOU-“

More Trial stuff…
    The Count (after something said up front that made both of us twitch): “Hmmmm… Duncan?”
    Me: “Yes?”
    The Count: “Hold this…” (hands me his sword and goes up to the front table to sit.)
    Me: “Oh this is going to get interesting…”

End of Trial stuff- Birgitta always has a plan and the Crown Representative got a taste of how we roll.

Planning for the night time… said plans included a Nap of all things.

Fighting Undead outside Winterdark.... Tuck and roll after tripping.... and watching Aldric come out to stomp the hell out of what I was busy with. Two Templars working in concert is a powerful thing.

Feast- excellent food this month, guys. Bravo and Brazen Approves. And Dave, excellent benediction. Wonderfully Dry with a dash of sarcasm. *I* approve (if it matters).

Main Mod Battle… Spirits working together and sticking together. Even as we were given a mission on the march in- it was a mission perfect for us.

DEMONS! Oh so glad I buffed all spirits and those with us at table in the prebattle meeting with Divine Aid going in. Damn useful thing it was.

A plan hatched with a Stonebar Dragoon then… Taunting a Demon- “C’mere Punk… What you got?” Two seconds after demon charged, dead demon as it eats a cleave and divine damage.
    “Now that’s how its done…” A high Five and then…
    “Hey Demon! Yeah you, Punk. What’chu got, eh?”..

Rinse and repeat several times…

Post Main… Discussions over a test resulted Buffs from Brazen and Valosian Priests upon a soon-to-be-tested Witch Hunter aspirant. Only fair fight is the one you win… and Fuck Undead. Just let me know how it goes.

Before they go, a quiet word with the experienced Hunter going with. “She falls, you come get me. No one else brings her through…”
    The Hunter: “I understand and I will.”

The 3 am waking by the New Hunter- “I passed…” from her. From me- “I see as you and not someone else is talking to me. Good… get some rest.”

Sunday Morning
    More sausage mod…. With more donuts and donated bananas too.
    Then fun with Sparring in the morning with some New to Travance and us Spirits. Fun Stuff!

A final pair of scenes:
    “How good is she?”
    “She’s going to be good. That good…”
    “Really?”
    “Really. Better than Kleiden, I think.”
    “I thought so… which makes this decision that much easier.”

the Passing of Balance and a new Legacy is born.

All too soon, this weekend ended. Clean up, straighten up… and planning for Moresca and December begins.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
    Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
    Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
    Safety Marshal/ EMT
    Last edit: 08 Nov 2016 10:03 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
    • Josephine
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • You're welcome.
    • Thank Yous: 64
    08 Nov 2016 11:08 #13 by Josephine (mferro54)
    Replied by Josephine (mferro54) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Wow. I've been coming to KR for long time now, and this was by far my favorite event. What a warm welcome back! To everyone who made it clear just how much they missed having me around: thank you. You've done my spirits a world of good. Really, if I could just make this whole event a highlight I would.

Also, it was a real delight to meet so many new faces. I'm looking forward to getting to know our more recently joined players!

Friday night: Josephine found her long lost Uncle Gideon a lot more easily than she expected. Bear hugs ensued! From that moment on, the remainder of the event was a whirlwind of introductions.

Saturday:

New Player mod was hysterical. Thank you so much Matt and Kate. We were invited to fight the imaginary friends of a strange woman in exchange for prizes. Dirge and I went first! Pleasure to meet you Dirge! Let's show the kids how its done! Ow, there go both my legs! Cue me brandishing my sword and shield at Dustin, Black Knight style, while he looks down at me with amusement. My next round I fought beside a delightful young soul (a coasthavener?) named Wolfram. Pleasure to meet you! The best part of this mod however was when the final fight againt 'the big pookie' began. Matt emerged wearing a true warlock mask and Dirge literally yelled "Nope!" and tried to skedaddle. However he found himself physically restrained by myself and another. That was when he got ashed by an incinerate. And then the fight was on! Thanks again to our new player marshals for such a blast!

Missing light mass and winding up at enaxian mass instead. Close enough???

Having the bards entertain us before feast was completely brilliant.

Alexi and I sat across from Utgard and Amalthea at feast, but somehow I wound up sitting between Trent and Creepy Bard. Poor Josephine just doesn't know what to do with those two. I, however, loved it.

Hanging out with Trent after feast

Main mod: standing in a proper line and fighting. Somehow finding myself with the Bloody Spirits Thoroughly impressed with their fighting. I even got a kiss from their commander!

Pie mod!

Sunday:

Tris and I letting Gideon know what was the what.

Demon fight!

IG: Josephine Weaveforger,
    Carlotta OZ
    OOG: Mary Bouchard (nee Ferro)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
    • Swyft
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
    • Thank Yous: 339
    08 Nov 2016 11:36 #14 by Swyft (agentswift)
    Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Friday got a little scary right off the bat (see what I did there?) with the demon and his hungry crew jumping our party of roustabouts. Amalthea and I did some bonding and when things got too crazy, we had to book in opposite directions.

Swyft learned how to pretend to be a rock that night. It worked, but there was an awful moment where I thought they saw that I was, indeed, not a rock.

Saw Kendrick again. Swyft did her best to avoid him because she was worried about the confrontation, since he'd believed in her and all. When he finally caught up with her. It was a sad, sad story. I felt terrible to have disappointed him, but at least he wasn't angry. It was a very heartfelt talk that never devolved into anger.

Getting to see Mary and Chris again was wonderful. I very much enjoyed Josephine, her new character and it was nice to see Alexis, the Romani healer.

Well, that trial was something. A little sad I had to miss a chunk of it, but it was nice to help out the guard, again.

Much fun in main mod with Drega'group. I really enjoyed that everyone listened to Aleister and Angelican and kept a pretty tight formation for the most part. Even when we got scattered here and there, we were able to regroup in pretty decent time.

Aleister is the king of intercept.

Storytime with Karkat! Again!!! Murder kicked into high gear! Oh, the hilarity. We actually got to continue from the first time. Chapter Two was amazing. I'm so glad Karkat thinks solely of all of our delicate ears when he changes and censors things in the sentences. Also, dialogue delivery: A+ I think Nalick actually almost died.

Late night vengeance achievement unlocked.

Wonderful role play conversation with some unorthodox folks on Sunday afternoon. Can't wait to see where that goes!!!

Was great to see everyone as usual and we were so lucky that we actually had one event with GOOD WEATHER. I forgot what that felt like... Thanks to players and staff!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
    -Knight of Corvancia
    - Carnifex of Aguara
    - Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
    • Kestrel
    08 Nov 2016 12:44 #15 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
    New Player mod was also a blast! Thanks Matt and Kate for coming up with something so fun XD can't wait to work with you more in the future :3 Kate you were awesome as the crazy summoner! 10/10 would be one of your pookies again lol. Even though it was an accidental mod collision, I loved your npc sending her pookies to fight off the other attacking monsters coming up the path. That was a perfect ig solution!

House Liones

08 Nov 2016 16:11 #16 by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2)
    Replied by Calven Tanwyn (Jyamp2) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Calven: 2
    Barony: 0
    :cool:

Tanwyn, Calven

OOG: Jared Yampolsky
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Erik Silverfang (ASchleicher), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
    • Willow That Walks
    • "What's that? Who are you? What are those?"
    • Thank Yous: 34
    08 Nov 2016 16:19 #17 by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens)
    Replied by Willow That Walks (Chris_Stephens) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    So it's been awhile, this was my 2nd event back since I stopped my hiatus. Yay having a job that lets me larp.

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed this event quite a bit and of course A+ to the staff, npcs and pcs who made this event enjoyable. Please no offense intended if I leave someone out or forget something, I'm still recovering.

Friday Night
    -Woo! got to the camp early, nice and comfy settling in period after a 4 and a half hour drive.
    -Got the shift I wanted to npc +1 awesome.
    -I get to play an assassin? And not just an assassin but a ninja? Sweet. Running around and blending and catching people off guard was a blast for me, even if the only thing that worked was Waylay. Deflect....*clenches fist* why you able block backstab attacks? oh well.
    -The npc roleplay as part of Apezu's group was solid once we really got into it, and later going out with both Apezu and Boarzu for the remainder of the shift was great trying to come up with hairbrained schemes to draw people out of their cabins.
    -During that second outing, I don't know your name bro, but you seemed newer and wore a tricorne cap. A+ courage man, and very sneaky hide in shadows, was fun RPing looking for you and witnessing your little escape. *claps*
    -Also, Kaladonia, *snickers* you people are awful, letting an innocent man get brutalized right outside the door and you won't even help him? *heehee*

---Pass Out---

Saturday it's Willow Time!

*spends requisite hour and a half getting costuming and makeup on*

-Wandering around being legit INC and OOC tired, roleplaying a lethargic dryad. Taking a nap underneath hussy tree while I was listening to Mass. Then being woken up by a Valos Cookie, which were spectacularly delicious, just soft enough, my favorite batch so far. Thanks Aldric/Dave!

-Carrot Puns and inappropriate jokes with Nalick and Renee's Satyr (I really wish I'd gotten your INC name)

-Interactions with Leafka and Penelope, I loved you two, very fun to RP and I'm super glad some excellent new blood has made it into this game! Leafka's accent was on point, pro job for maintaining it the whole time you were INC.

-Teaching people how to heal? WTF? I never expected to have pupils...like....ever. Sweet!

-Treasure Hunt Mod, getting enslaved and exposing some of Willow's offensive abilities he never uses. Also, BUFF ALL THE PEOPLE WITH THORN STRIKE MUAHAHAHA! *runs out of DP* Damn...

-God so many bards actually performing at this event. I loved it. Music really improves the atmosphere tenfold. The little Bard Concert prior to feast was definitely a massive high point of my event. It solidified my escape from the real world. Because for at least an hour, I really forgot where I was, because I truly believed I was in a fantasy world, enjoying a simple pleasure, the laughter, the entertainment, then feasting like a boss. I can honestly say it was in my top 3 highlights for the event. Seeing everyone laughing and stamping their feet and clapping their hands. I laughed so hard I cried and my makeup ran. The romani who did the kalinka, you were brave and it was awesome. *starts singing chicken song*

-Main Mod after feast was such a blindside. And it was awesome. I was honestly taxed to the limit on my healing capabilities and actually having to triage was a hoot. Staff and NPCs did an amazing job setting the scene for an epic encounter with a horde of possessed and higher circle demons. When I saw the red glow in the distance, it did seem as if the forest ahead was on fire. And when we took the field, hearing the hooting and hollering and cackling of the demons really strapped me into the hotseat.

-NPCs on main mod, I saw you getting beat on, I know it hurts and sometimes folks don't pull their blows, but being able to scream and make that much noise, scared the kindling out of Willow. So many broken limbs(see what I did there?). But you guys did an amazing job, especially when things would get quiet, and you'd then all Death Charge the frontline, I watched our battle line take a few steps back when you rushed forward, and that's powerful stuff.

-One possessed breached the line, unloading a flurry of skills on everyone they could hit as they charged the triage, I got clocked with an incinerate, and having single digit body points and no defense, yeah...IN THAT SAME 3 seconds...Sir Pluvious picking me up and getting me healed. It was definitely one of those Willow coming to and being like "What happened? Oh Hi Pluvious!" I was legitimately happy to see him there.

-Seeing how hard Triage was working through the piles of bodies being brought back to us, and me helping with what I could. It was fun seeing the healers having to work. I know I had fun feeling important, and the INC graciousness of most of the people I healed before they stormed into battle again really made me feel needed and appreciated. I just wish I wasn't so damn squishy.

-The roleplay afterwards to help us all wind down after one hell of a (see what I did there too?) main mod. The Stones and Fishers cracked me up, I'm glad the NPC's had the opportunity to relax a little and have some comical RP after the combat heavy.

-His Highness Aluisious Barnabas III your RP was slaying me, it was almost literally everything I had to keep a straight face and not break character to laugh. You reminded me of a walking Monty Python skit.

-Late night chats with folks by the fireside and story sharing outside the Manor. Good times.

-My brush with death so to speak. Walking down the path towards Winterdark, seeing three silhouettes moving in the brush to my right, asking "Are you bears?" not getting a response and realizing they were not rabbits, and backing away slowly and taking the OTHER way back to the Manor. Subsequently being told later that there are coyotes in the camp, and while sitting fireside hearing the entire pack howling and yipping after I presume catching some prey...Yeah..........

All in all, super fun event in lots of respects. I'll definitely be back in December! I'm so...sore.....but it hurts so good! *falls over*

OOG: Chris Stephens
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
    08 Nov 2016 16:55 #18 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
    Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Bringing a Tribe member to Travance.

Vampire hunting, finding nothing, and deciding she needs to separate herself from her brother's control so she can grow.

Her brother finally letting her go and telling her, "I'm proud of you, I love you, and you better make it home tonight."

Mentally preparing for Witch Hunter trials and getting support from all of her friends. So much emotional weight behind everything everyone was doing in the hours before.

Waking up her chaplain to tell him she passed.

Legacy.

This was probably the most emotionally taxing event thus far for Reyna, and it only gets harder from here. Thank you to everyone who helped her and advised her. She will carry this month with her forever.

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
    Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
    Master Witch Hunter
    Robin of the Winged Victory
    Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
    The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
    • Ergos
    • Thank Yous: 88
    08 Nov 2016 19:51 #19 by Ergos (arieslink)
    Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Fantastic weekend. Thanks to everyone who helped run this weekend, we really appreciate all of the hard work you put into it.

Fun stuff as Haz in no particular order:
    -Meeting his god
    -Great conversations with Damien throughout the weekend
    -Talk with Zelretch that apparently went incredibly smooth
    -Making money
    -Having a reason to go into the Blackbird and the hilarity that ensued in there
    -Playing dead so as to not get attacked. Almost worked every time.
    -Talks with Pluvious
    -Talk with Bob
    -"If you know what I mean"

Fun stuff as Ergos in no particular order:
    -Archcasting! Yay!
    -Food! So much food!
    -Dessert was served WITH feast! Best day EVER!
    -Talks with Rowan!
    -Playing with imaginary friends!
    -Talks with Wren!
    -Trying to figure out how to make money and asking people about it
    -Trying to bring souls back through the phokus but they wouldn't come through
    -Trying to give a Sustain Life to Damien (don't worry Josh, I know my tenets, but Ergos doesn't)

And not to mention fighting as a possessed human as an npc, followed by the age-old family feud between the Fishers and the Stones (don't trust them Fishers, I 'eard they sleep with 'eir kin).

Thanks again everyone for making this weekend so great!

[Card Marshal]
    [OOG: Adam Grimes]
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
    08 Nov 2016 20:19 #20 by Midori Suarez (krykit)
    Replied by Midori Suarez (krykit) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    OH! WILLOW!!!!

"I kinda wanna ring the bell..."
    "Me too..."
    And the lengthy discussion that followed about whether or not we should. (Spoiler alert: we eventually decided we should)

OOG: Kate Iannacone
    IG: Midori Suarez, Mercy's Daughter
    • Faila
    • Premium Member
    • Premium Member
    • Thank Yous: 173
    08 Nov 2016 20:29 #21 by Faila (Faila)
    Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    -Making Nalick laugh/choke within a few minutes of arrival on Sat. am.
    -"Finally, someone who understands me!"
    -Thanks to Bob, Ketryn, Dame Emiline (in absentia), Gideon, the entire land of Pendarvin, Hurgar (in absentia) and I don't know how many other for tolerating backhanded compliments and unintentional yet deeply sincere insults.
    -Trial snark from the snack providers and bards.
    -Beyond amazing RP (and accents) by some new players. I am so so happy you have decided to join us at KR.
    -Reliving my earliest memories of KR (nearly 4 years ago) involving a Demon Knight, itching powder, and Nostarion's race to grab a treasure box during the Pirate Ship Graveyard mod.
    -Greed.
    -Getting to RP with people I rarely get to RP with as my main character. If you don't have an alt, this is the best part of having one.
    -Learning about blood magic (and admittedly wishing I was playing my main character).
    -An incredibly well taught lesson.
    -Having things pop out of the dark during main mod and never really knowing if they were the good guys or the bad guys. I just never get used to how immersive the big battles can be.
    -The thrill of recognizing how much I appreciate my alt, and how much I look forward to playing my main character again.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
    Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
    "May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
    Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Midori Suarez (krykit)
    • Lois Heimdell
    • Administrator
    • Administrator
    • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
    • Thank Yous: 1026
    09 Nov 2016 13:16 #22 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
    Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Travance gave Lois a reason to smile. That doesn't happen often :) Listening to everyone speak was amazing!

Pinecone mod! So much fun, and thanks to Ben Herman for taking time off-shift to run it. Also. the amazement at how many people came along just to look for pinecones :p

Thank you to Vinnie for walking me down to the Manor on Friday night, especially knowing the coyote nonsense he had to deal with getting back to the Mage's guild afterwards.

I loved hearing the story of Galmachis. I hope everyone else gets a chance to hear it, too.

Tangentially, I am loving the recent push towards filling out more of the setting lore of the game. Thanks to Steve & the ST team on that one!

"I knew she had a human heart in there! I could have made 20 gold on that bet!"
    "WHOSE HEART IS THIS?!"
    <3 Sebastien & Bob :p

Talks with Gideon & Caelvan.

All my love to Trent & Creepy for performing before Feast! These two are always around entertaining everyone else and singing their hearts out. Due to the overwhelming positive response to having performances while we wait to eat, instead of afterwards, this looks to be the new way of things going forward.

Talks with Brigitta. OOG headaches mean Lois is far more honest than normal because Cassie can't think of "political" ways to say things, and it seemed to have helped this time around. Yay headaches? :p

Knowing how many people were up for plan "Let's not be awful people", even before it was sanctioned by the Baron, was uplifting to Lois. Getting to use the plan on the possessed people instead when it turned out we didn't have to fight the Tamarians. Thanks to everyone in the triage, and especially to Angrin, who stood there through the whole battle making manacles. And thanks to Gene for making the call that we could cure the possession - it really helped me, at least, feel like I could have some effect on the battle.

I could get used to this whole "doesn't go down in one hit" thing :p Also, I discovered Lois gets snarly when she fights!

FIGHTING TROUSERS!

Lessons with Belegchand are always a delight ^_^

I look forward to seeing you all at the Ball!

----

----
    ((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), JTinney (Swordsaint), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Kestrel (Kestrel), Alexei Jengiefsky (chrisbouchard)
    10 Nov 2016 14:40 #23 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
    Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Don't follow people around that'll steal from faeries. It ends poorly

OOG:
    Marcella Torres
    Land System Deputy
    New Player Marshal
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Simon (BigZ), Dimetri Yhatzi (DMvanhart), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Mantel (sigma-j), Midori Suarez (krykit)
    • Angry
    • Thank Yous: 131
    14 Nov 2016 03:11 #24 by Angry (Angryman86)
    Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic November 2016 Event Highlights!
    Probably one of my busiest months as a PC.

Made so many things, Had great assistants, Mouse the Slyph and Tiny the Ogre. They really made my event being willing to lend a hand and make things/ help make things.

Creepy and Trent singing songs to help speed things along. Always a pleasure.

Main mod crafting with heckling NPC's. I think I would have made Senpai proud.

Sleep was not my friend but I made mass for once.

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
    Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
    Time to create page: 0.766 seconds