Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
05 Mar 2017 17:36 - 05 Mar 2017 17:51 #1 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights was created by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Just amazing. This event just...wow. Shoutout to all of you for the roleplay, the costuming, the combat, the keeping yourselves warm almost all weekend and the fun we had!

Highlights include:
Not one, but two torture scenes, one of which had a veal heart ripped out of Dani's chest. Excellent RP all around.
Acquiring the torture-ees via tact and combat.
Doing everything that Fallow said.
Finding the people who pissed Fallow off and
inviting them to undead luncheon.
Any and all interaction between Nalick and the Dark Sun.
Fighting a time demon murder machine on invitation patrol and for some reason joining the Era of Peace only to start fighting chaos people, then fighting everyone else, then fighting chaos people. I only wish that we could have kept all the Horus soldiers
Undead luncheon itself, because it and literally everything I ate this event was very well made and tasted accordingly.
Being on the other side of Fallow's dagger mod and hoping to fight, only to roleplay and unintentionally give the dagger to the person who I specifically wasn't supposed to give it to. A+ defusal guys!
Main mod at the inn was great, both because it was warm and because it was a good and challenging fight. Near the end, I was happy to raiset Blackjaw and drink ale.
"OI VERRILL! EVEN YOUR DAGGER CAN'T KILL ME! INSULT!"
"Mind Shield. Ermm, I don't know, something about your mother. Insult."
"DEAD GODS-DAMNIT!" (Paraphrased)
Various OOG conversations over the weekend about many a larp related topic, you badass people you.
The theory that Jonas Kane controls all the monsters and is the sole dealer of life insurance, thusly earning him all the money.
Investors/Rich People's Guild grew progressively more hiliarious as time went on, especially with the dead skeleton carrying crystal weapons that was apparently at the Mage's Guild, alongside a sign that said "PLEASE TAKE THESE. -CAPTAIN FRYE"
The amount of dead people and associated dead people cuisine throughout the weekend.
Conversation on the nature of KR before I started packing. Quite enlightening.

Can't wait for next event or the rules drop, you guys were all amazing, and see you next time!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 05 Mar 2017 17:51 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Thalia Burdorn (abbyl)
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
05 Mar 2017 18:44 #2 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
First off, thank you to everyone who helped us playtest the new lists and rules. Definitely helped us get a feel for how things look and help guide the process going forward!

Second, I had a blast playing Potato the Ogre; thank you to everyone who just accepted my character quirk and roles with it.

In the words of Potato,"Potato potato potato potato."

I'm sure I have more specific highlights but those require a much higher level of mental function than my tired brain can handle for now.

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Terzak (TheArchMage), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
06 Mar 2017 02:12 - 06 Mar 2017 02:12 #3 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
*Aggressively charades*

Your pal,
Tanner

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
Last edit: 06 Mar 2017 02:12 by Aleister (Aleister).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Belegchand (mcalo), Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Mantel (sigma-j), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Kestrel (Kestrel), Ergos (arieslink), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
06 Mar 2017 03:19 #4 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
My first ever Alt event. So this is what it's like. Certainly strange to say the least. Was a lot of fun to NPC the weirdness though, and help others have a good time.

Saturday morning shenanigans, get sent out as an undead witch hunter who can still use positive energy. Nobody was awake so I end up getting a positive energy barrier lesson from someone. Certainly fun, had myself a flashback of my first while at game.

No idea how I was gonna get feast while IG, I didn't want to just white headband it either. So Ben let me come in as an alternate Dominic, how I got there you ask? Got drunk and was found on the side of the road. Totally a Dominic thing to do. Ben, you know me so well. :)

Main Mod: Big speech from Verrill, inspiring us to fight, people rush in shouting their skills, SPIRIT OF THE DRAGON, BERSERKERS RAGE, and of course, I had only one thing to say, DOMINIC SMASH! Why, cause that's what I do! Towards the end had some really cool roleplay with Nalick about why I need to fight. Also had a cool short scene with Richard towards the end, wish that could have gone on longer, but things were happening. Everything completely drained me, and I was left to pass out afterwords.

Sorry I didn't say goodbye sunday morning, but single digit temperatures is where I draw the line. I hope ya'll had a good time as well, and I hope I was able to provide a good and entertaining challenge to everyone.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
06 Mar 2017 04:48 #5 by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta)
Replied by Birgitta Drexel (Birgitta) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
I will leave my opinions about the rules set elsewhere and thank James for the most excellent RP sessions I have had in a long time, compliment Zach on his portrayal of Nathaniel Fallow, thank Diane for her mummy rendition and say for those who encountered the Black Birgitta she wont steer you wrong but she will encourage you to take risks... just to watch what happens next.

And she far far quicker to kill you, dismiss you as stupid or useless and hope to get killed.

It was great to see as many people as I did. Sorry so many stayed in bed in the morning.

Birgitta Drexel (Primary)
Commander of Training Baronial Militia
Blood Spirits (Cmd/Sgt)
Blue Dragoon

"Amateurs Practice Until They Get It Right; Professionals Practice Until They Can’t Get It Wrong"

Callisto Boyington (Alt)
Cav.

AKA Leslie McCormack
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
06 Mar 2017 09:43 #6 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
"WHAT AM I!?!?" -Vira, alt event 2017

10/10 event.

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy)
06 Mar 2017 09:48 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
-Finding a cure for vampirism for a grumpy red dragoon (having to murder two timeline buddies in the process. Being reminded I could resurrect)

-Being Tanner's interpreter for folks (aka RP skills *are* useful at an event :D)

-I have no idea how to spell the name of the NPC May played, but I loved RPing with her.

-Star charts and having some constellations added by others :D

-Smuggling out a druid grove and a healing focus from the Dark Sun timeline (I may not have been good-aligned, but a grove is a grove)

-Hanging out with all the other timelines and impressed by the amount of teamwork they all had. I was expecting a small PvP fest and I am glad it did not work out that way.

-Getting conscripted to be the leader of the immortals timeline and then immediately going to whomever would listen and telling them their options so they could decide for themselves who they wanted to side with.

-Really wished the wraith had gotten all the immortals in on the 'kill Fallow' plan. Many would have jumped on that in a second. (More than a few of us realized we were paranoid of sentient corn fields trying to push into our timeline)

-Greater Telekinesis for the win

---

Monster Marshaling the laaaate night shift. Many thanks to my small NPC crew for RPing so well! I hope you folks enjoyed the random late night adventures!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
06 Mar 2017 10:56 #8 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
Alt Event highlights…. Only a few.

Duncan the White’s reveal. Being one of three good PC’s in the Dark Sun (one being hidden) and knowing trails wicked well as how to move silently in the night- having a team mate who knew said same skills…. Priceless.

Speaking with those who recognized me from their times and vice versa… and revealing the fates of those in my splinter to some of them- at least those I had thought of. Some excellent RP.

The reaction of the Age of Peace folks at the news of Syrrith’s fate in my splinter and the formation of the new deities… All excellent RP there and I wish I had RP points to hand out. Seriously…

Alt Nalick and the headbutt. I did not lie- I said I would not lift a weapon to defend myself…
Being asked to wield the Immortals dagger… and the RP surrounding this.
Playing Opposite Leslie’s Dark Birgitta… and the awesome RP that spawned was way cool.
Teamwork with Kassim (Will B.) Yo… we mesh far too well at times when we fight. Perhaps we need to give another group Master Warrior lesson… *grin*

Feast was tasty. I like Mac and Cheeze.... bacon was a nice touch.

After the change over- a quiet meeting with a certain Khitanese…
James’s commentary about the change in cloak. “Oh no, he’s gone back to Duncan the Grey…”

Lots of thoughts on the rules playtest and such about things I actively saw and knew were new rules. Some were good, some somewhat meh and some absolutely yuck and desperately be needing a revisit. Looking forward to the feedback form.

See everyone in about two weeks!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oren Tenderson (Tormy), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Ergos
  • Thank Yous: 88
06 Mar 2017 11:57 #9 by Ergos (arieslink)
Replied by Ergos (arieslink) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
Loved everything about the event. New rules were really fun to work with, people gave 110% with their RP, and the story team was absolutely amazing. My body is punishing me for having so much fun, but it's so worth it.

Friday:
Entering the game as Scion Keval Shaanti, Son and Priest of Syrith.
Trying to calm down foreigners to Alaspar (hi Jeff and Dani) while simultaneously trying to figure out what the heck was going on. Was pleasantly surprised that peace was made with the various timelines, both in character and out. Dealing with peoples' shenanigans was fun.

Reuniting with the Archangel and reliving the end of Malykar the Sorcerer was a great time, even if it was beyond cold.

Saturday morning:
Waking up, words with people from other timelines, eating a bit. Coming back to get ready to retrieve a dagger.

Trying to make peace with chaos didn't work so well, so fighting broke out. Healing people was pretty standard, although it was fun seeing Josh and May's reaction when I went in for the killing blow on Captain Frye... and brought him to 1 body because Syrith is cool like that.

Playing with wolf pups was fun. Glad nobody tried to murder them immediately.

Cleansing the chaos from the first dagger after a fight had broken out over it was amazing RP.

NPC Shift: Very slow start, as most people were on mods, but once I was a fire construct I had a ton of fun. I hadn't ever really had a decent card as an NPC before, and being able to take some of you down a peg was pretty neat. I was winded for at least 20 minutes after that fight, and I hope you guys enjoyed that one as much as I did.

Afterwards, playing a time anomaly and running around trying to distract people from the big threat of the Ghiraki was also fun.

I got the chance to truly appreciate everyone's characters and the characters' goals on my shift, so it was a really rewarding time.

Feast and Main Mod: Feast was wonderful. Roleplay was interesting but great. It all was a whirl and blends in a bit but screaming at some of you to stop murdering people was especially fun. Labar, you're an ass but I love you. That was easily my most intense roleplay situation I've ever been in and I could barely help smiling over the fun I was having.

Changeover: Healing as Ergos. Fun interactions. Learning Verill's favorite color. Not too much happened but it was a great wind-down. Ben C, you're an amazing fighter, it was great to watch you fight.

Thanks to everyone so much for making my first Alt Event a raging success. Can't wait for the next one.

[Card Marshal]
[OOG: Adam Grimes]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Narcis
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "For every living person there are generations of dead. Which realm would you rather rule?"
  • Thank Yous: 450
06 Mar 2017 12:03 #10 by Narcis (ChrisR)
Replied by Narcis (ChrisR) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
I had to leave early but I wanted to do some shout outs to PCs and people who caught my attention on Friday. :

Thanks to everyone who complimented/thought my wings were cool :D Luckily they survived so if I have no pictures I can just take some myself! I put a lot of hard work into them and had super last minute "Oh these look like poooop" syndrome so it really made me feel better :)

It was very flattering to hear so many OOG compliments about the entirely different personality I was playing :) I DO have a good character that is probably gonna get a reboot! Hopefully I have time to play her soon :) I will admit I had Inner Ava and Inner Leliana commenting at all the things I did very much all like "But you could killlll them!!!"

Jason Marin gets my award for most intense rp I've seen for myself for a while! I'll be glad to have intense RP with you anytime man!! I had to fight so many buttons that were IG and OOG buttons that were pushed. I was so focused on you that I didn't even realize there was tension in the air until someone later was telling me they were waiting for the fight to break out XD

Everyone from Age of Immortals: "What's a god?"
Gisela: "Oh No"

-Getting Tori to explain gods to others helped :) Just also Tori was great and Gisela couldn't understand why everyone was making her job harder!!!!

-Trying to explain Divinity to a group of people who don't understand Divinity is.....a challenge. "Important Half Fey" Is kinda where most of them ended up

-Age of Immortals discussing whether or not they've been infected as soon I close the door to the bathroom is hilarious.

-Tim as Gnome Collin trying to tell me that it's a disease to be good. Also trying to explain "good" deeds.

Everyone from Dark Sun: "The God's don't answer us "
Gisela: "How sad!!!"

-Gisela freaking out about stuffing Tanner. Tanner was pretty great all in all.

-Trying to reconcile so many times that in other timelines Syrith was dead or there were no gods is very hard. Klarington telling me the gods died on his timline and Gisela being like "That can't happen!!!" At least hearing that Valos became a god in some timelines was like "Well he is a very Valiant man at least!"

-Trying to pretend that no people want to watch the world burn is harrrrdddd. I enjoyed being entirely peaceful...until someone struck someone else then switching to full combat mode. Gisela had little access to anything Divine and so her real method of stopping peace breaking was to just...side step in between two people and ask why they were fighting :)

-Also asking why everyone is fighting...EVERY TIME EVERY ONE IS FIGHTING .Trying to determine whether there needed to be stabbing to solve the problem and trying to stop it when it wasn't necessary was great..

-Fighting with Matt Calo as Potato was great. Since Gisela couldn't understand him but saw him swinging Posi I like to Think Gisela thinks Potato was ALSO a witch hunter and cheered him on softly in her head.

-Matt M gets props for letting me stake his undead. It felt cool to watch him blow up and now I want a witch hunter :)

-Trying my hardest to NOT just murder the sentient undead. Listening to others say we should kill them and being "Well...They can talk and they didn't RIGHT AWAY try and murder us like the ones from our timeline... I feel like we should TRY and be peaceful"

OOG:Chris R.
Storyteller / Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), Terzak (TheArchMage)
06 Mar 2017 13:55 #11 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
Take 2: The short version.

Dark Sun Best Sun.

Thank you to Abby, May, Zach and everyone who put this together.

Mad props to everyone for the amazing costuming.

Tip of the hat to my wife. I may be biased, but Xorn was awesome, and I'm sure the Dawnfire group has him permanently in our mind eye now.

Man, Team Fallow was awesome. It was so awesome working with you. Special props to Mummy Dearest Diane for taking care of her undead OOG and IG, and Sam for the uber awesome Veal heart stuff.

Aaron and Dani? Thanks for going the distance for your fellow players. You made our night.

Thanks to my kitchen crew - you all did such an amazing job. Forrest, you gave so much this event. Thanks.

Highlights in no order:

Hunting Nalik - man it was fun stalking you. And more importantly shooting you "accidentally" when I "missed" the enemy between us.

Undead saving Age of Peace Farms from Undead. Yup.

Christine - man. RP with you was AH-MA-ZING. Thank you so much.

It was so weird trying to play undead lawman, and I loved it. I spent way too much time outside doors waiting for Jeff/Aaaron or Taylor to step out so I could shoot them.

Everyone named Josh who played an angel? You rocked. And Loved interacting with you.

The dark sun 'handmaiden' kidnapping was brilliant. Thank you Liz for an amazing, and surprisingly successful plan to trick the guards into letting us take the victim willingly.

Dark sun knife quest was also amazing. The visuals described with the Angel and Fallow and the Soul Guardian were incredible. I loved how our team cheared every time Fallow flew by, EVEN if he knocked us down. And man... using master luck skills to take down and scavage the soul guardian made my weekend.

My three goals going in were simple, and I got to do all 3.

1. Take advantage of Undying in combat
2. Kill a PC for GOOD in game reasons
3. Successfully test the combination of Hide in Shadows, Pursue, Camouflage, Quickbind.

I'm sure I had more the first time around, and I'll add more if I remember. I really loved playing this character. While I don't think I could ever play him as part of standard KR, I do wish I could play him again somehow. Maybe as an antagonist :P

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
06 Mar 2017 14:37 - 06 Mar 2017 14:43 #12 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
Being a stranger in a strange land is fun, but it's even better with a friend. Daniela and I decided that our characters would be from the same splinter timeline and have a shared backstory. The dynamic was so much fun to roleplay and as holds true in other events, the moments no one else sees, are some of the best ever. Nalick and Marjorie, friends for life.

One broken leg and a broken arm, painfully dragging myself inch by inch to a Guraki outside our Era's encampment and using "Master Luck Slay!" on it. I've never had such a Cavalier moment.

Jason Marin. Dude. The intensity from the get-go and how it built over the course of the weekend. Obviously the stand-off stood out(!) as one of my favorite moments. So tense and dramatic, but it was Knight Realms, so it was the fun kind. Absolutely amazing.

Alt. Nalick was convinced that Klarington was the reason that he was torn from his original timeline and, therefore, wanted to exact some revenge. Seeing everyone's reactions when he told them his plan to sock Klarington in the jaw, was great. Nothing beats having a scene that feels like it was straight out of a movie.

Duncan: "Give Klarington a chance to redeem himself."
Nalick: "It's a shame I don't believe in redemption."

Nalick thrusts his shield forward to 'Throw' Duncan at the table Klarington sat behind; Duncan punches the shield out of the way (Deflect) and headbutts Nalick (Body Block); Nalick flies backward and lands on a bench.

After a short walk to the kitchen to grab a coffee, John and I have the cheesiest grins on our faces. I'm just saying, that was legit.

Tori, I wish I could've RPed more with your character whose name I can't remember. You reminded me so much of R. Dorothy Wayneright from Big O.

The garb and the make-up. You all outdid yourselves and looked fantastic. Some of you, I didn't even recognize--looking at you, Will Alvarez. I think.

Verrill bringing the sword down on Klarington and even though it turned to dust, the amount of satisfaction Nalick felt in the imagery. Verrill in general. You brought it, Ben.

MAAHHHHH! Matt M. in the most basic NPC gear and a rabbit mask. It's definitely all in the role-play, folks. Sneaking up on me without a headband and fighting all of us. Then the enemy our enemy became our friend, sort of, when a Guraki was nearby and we all crouched down together to be stealthy.

Harmony wanted a third option and oh my goodness did she create one. Out of cheese. With a sprinkling of Pes'merga's ashes. CHEESEMONCULUS!

Thank you, Matt M. for running the mod and running with whatever we literally threw at it. Thank you to Rob, Hayley, and Justin for NPCing as the first through the third attempts at creating sentience with blue cheese and a dream. Cassie, you went from a cheesemonger to a mad scientist in less than a day. I non-sarcastically hope you're proud of yourself. Taylor and Crystal, I'm glad you guys came along for the ride. Player-driven shenanigans are my absolute favorite.

Shout out to Forest and Alex in the kitchen. I wish I could've spent more time with you two but thank you so much for making sure we all got fed.

*goes in for Feast leftovers after the changeover. Puts a slice of cheesecake in a bowl and covers it with several spoons of mac & cheese.*

"I'm totally not a halfling, I swear!"

For some reason, I felt more free to ham it up than I usually do. I'm gonna start pushing the envelope a little further, starting in two weeks. Just let me put on my overalls...

Last edit: 06 Mar 2017 14:43 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Terzak (TheArchMage), Ergos (arieslink)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
06 Mar 2017 16:17 #13 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
I really really loved playtesting the rules and I can't wait for the rest of the changes to be made.

I want to say thank you to steve, tori, Jason, matt c, Alice, drew, Alisia and Karen. You're the only reason I didn't leave Saturday morning in frustration and anger, and you made the event somewhat palatable. Your characters were amazing and I am lucky to have you as my friends.

Trial by Fire monster marshal shift was my alt portion highlight and I can't wait to be able to run more MM shifts in the future. Thank you to Tim for that, and Matt C for helping me when I had a few questions.

After the change over I was able to enjoy the event more and had fun.

Using cut purse on annora (oog consensually, not actual pvp) and using irl slight of hand to slowly return her stolen item cards and scrolls one at a time in a way that never made it seem like I was placing them anywhere unless you knew what I was doing. She's now convinced that Jonas has ceiling monkeys that are messing with her. ;) best use of a promo ever.

Annora: "Cara! Look! Cheese!"
Me: -snatches cheese out of her hands-
Annora: "give it back!" -grabs me tying to get cheese back-
Me: "nope! VANISH!"
Entire group of people watching -die laughing-

Cara now has a pet! Ezekiel the Raccoon. He's super smart and likes shiny things!!

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belegchand (mcalo), Narcis (ChrisR), Annora (Karen)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
06 Mar 2017 20:09 - 06 Mar 2017 20:12 #14 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
Team Wizard of Oz <3

Time cops.

Bounty hunters.

Invisible Ceiling Monkeys.

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Last edit: 06 Mar 2017 20:12 by Annora (Karen).
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
07 Mar 2017 01:46 #15 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
THE NIGHT CAPTAIN AND FRIENDS

annoying bounty hunters <3s

long conversations with midori.

Everything about playing brett.

watching everyone lunar grasp my doctoring people out of my hands was hilarious.

Speculating on romancing a skelebones.

Xorn.

Everyone's sweet makeup. Golem Tori, Scarecrow Steve. He didnt' wanna be friends ;_;

making friends with Alt/eden and another homonculi.

Cassie's halfling. So much cheese.

Playing Horus Pyke and of course inevitably having Dara NPC my sister because she's always my sister.

Getting sweet makeup done. Throwing in a million fun little nods into the pre-fight trash talk as I engaged the age of peace.

Lots of other stuff I already forgot.

Oh, and the 120/degree twist on the triumvirate of Ree, Jason, and Bill. Bill palys noncom fixer of people. Ree plays melee fightymans, and Jason plays snipey mcsneakerson. Btw we 100% didn't plan that.

PS, wigs are like a warm hat we should wear them more often.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
07 Mar 2017 07:20 #16 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
How could I forget. Toni's golem single-handedly saved my main mod by being able to field repair and protect my bow. I had had my bow, my sword and the replacement sword I was loaned all chaos blasted, and I was out of cantrip and CP. That reinforce also saved me from the next chaos blast....

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Kestrel
  • Thank Yous: 129
07 Mar 2017 12:58 #17 by Kestrel (Kestrel)
Replied by Kestrel (Kestrel) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
I'll post a more in depth highlights later, but I had a great time playing a bouncy cheerful character primarily concerned with tricks and fun even at the end of time. So super quick points!

- Everyone and their amazing costuming and make up! OMG YOU GUYS LOOKED GREAT!
- helping to create the cheesemonculus, after 2 horrifying failed attempts
- charades with Tanner XD
- go lick a chicken
- plotting to hex Verrill into chasing down, catching, and licking every chicken in time
- NPC shift! Playing Helper and hanging out with Michaela's Dark Sun doctor lol Dark Sun people. Chaotic Alteration lol

Ser Kestrel Laurent-Belmont
Dame Warlord of Kaladonia
First Mate of the Winged Victory
Master Hunter & Council Member for House Laurent-Belmont
Fyperia's Wisdom - Knight Champion of High Queen Fyperia Maitel

Alt: Cynon Terrwyn of Grimwyr
House Liones
Lieutenant Commander of the Kormyrian Army

OOG: Crystal R.
New Player Representative
11 Mar 2017 18:40 #18 by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix)
Replied by Alexandre Blythewood (Eleventh Phoenix) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
OK, now that I've had a week or so to sleep, I suppose I should thank a few people.

First and most important, Abby and May for being an absolute pleasure to write with. They brought me on board to this project and I had a blast with it.

Second, Matt, Steve, Tori, and Jason did a phenomenal job getting playtest rules prepared. It was an incredible amount of work and as a community, we really can't appreciate them enough.

Josh Lindover was a major asset who stepped up at the 11th hour to take on a major NPC role and to ST for Era of Peace.

James, of course, did a great job tying this whole thing together and making a mysterious and interesting environment in the Inn for people to play around in when not involved in plot.

Drew and Matt M, thank you both for jumping in as storytellers and helping to breath some life into

Adam DeRoner was responsible for the majority of the props used in the Dark Sun manor, and the place looked SPECTACULAR! Adam, thank you so much for all your hard work.

Sarah Brand lent us a good deal of the props used in Age of Immortals and a few of the ones used in Era of Peace

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who I got to interact with as Fallow, from my loyal Fallowing to the PCs from the other timelines who called me monster to the people who tried to kill me on Main Mod. I had a blast with each and every interaction! You all brought your A+ game and made this event into something better than I ever expected!

-Alexandre Blythewood

OOG: Zach Theis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
12 Mar 2017 18:42 #19 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic Alt Event 2017 "GODDAMNIT VERRILL" Highlights
I walked into this event with a specific objective: relax and eat cheese. MISSION VERY MUCH ACCOMPLISHED.

So, thank you to the game staff for setting up such a cool environment! For once, I really have no idea what the plot was, other than a vague notion that I should blame Verrill(s) :p But the fact that there was room in it to accommodate both people who really wanted to be involved, people who wanted to test the rules, and people who just wanted to do something different than usual is a great testament to everyone who helped write & run it. Thank you to Abby, May, Zach, Josh, James, Ben, Steve, Tori, Matt, and Jason, for somehow making all these disparate elements - KR setting, event plot, and rules tests - all work together.

RP-based casting. "Eat this cheese." *casts buffs via cheese consumption* I'm really looking forward to using this new system for regular, non-cheese-based magic :p

I LOVED seeing how into the costuming everyone got. HOLY CRAP, YOU GUYS. I didn't even recognize half of you!

I knew Nick was playing a homunculus, but seeing Lauren walk up as Eden nearly gave me a heart attack OOG :P <3 to everyone in the Era of Peace, including our adoptees ^_^

Thank you to Tinney & Taylor for helping with the fire on Friday night!

CHEESEMONCULUS! I was totally not expecting anything to come of my "evolve the cheese" idea, but man it was awesome to hear James say "Matt is waiting in logistics to run your sentient cheese mod." Thanks to Matt for running, Rob, Hayley, and Justin for NPCing it, and James for allowing this nonsense to go on :p Thanks to Crystal, Jeff, and Taylor for rolling with it and bringing your great RP to the mod!

MEH! Matt M's performance as, well, something out of Donnie Darko was hilarious and weird. Watching him pick up Verrill in a princess-carry and drag him off into the woods was definitely one of the strangest things I have ever seen at KR, but somehow it all made sense. Maybe. I think? :p

I had some great conversations & lessons after the change-over. Kardin, Caldor, Midori - it was a pleasure to interact with you, as always. And can I just say I love how you can learn from any arch-caster now, not just someone who matches your profession? While I understand why it was done that way in the past, I do like how it opens up the opportunity for lesson RP from a whole bunch more people.

A conversation with Belegchand that cemented a new path for Lois. When I started this character nearly 8 years ago, I could not have imagined where she has ended up.

Watching Seth's master warrior lesson was a lot of fun! And watching Ebony fight has given me some great ideas on how not to die on in a battle as a mage ^_^

I want to give major props to Ben Herman. I have run & helped run weekend-long events before, and I know how tiring it can be. I can't even imagine how even more tiring it is to do that for a boffer larp where you are literally running around the whole weekend. And as I was leaving camp on Sunday, I saw him still there, helping, hauling trash bags around. Kudos to you, good sir!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Ebony Hale (ChelseaYeats), Seth (Kurteth)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.877 seconds