May 2017 Highlights!!

• Dunn Ironwill
  • Do you require alchemy!?!
  • Thank Yous: 175
14 May 2017 16:28 #1 by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
May 2017 Highlights!! was created by Dunn Ironwill (JackDimms)
First and foremost, I wish to thank and congradulate Forest and Alex on their marriage! I love the two of them both like brother and sister and I'm so happy they are able to find love and happiness with each other! Now I wasn't there for a long time, but man was I able to do a lot!

First off, the beginning of the game was super fun. Peaches and Chet dragging Dunn down to the barracks to see Bob, Dunn completely out of control of his new abilities. The look on CHet's face as Dunn grabs him and starts to recite his holy words, priceless. Only to find Peaches has had someone tracking him. Dunn delighted in teaching this would be assassin that silience is not the best policy. After that it was a lot of talking between the other clergy and Dunn fighting to find control.

With the long night gone, we go into the morning, which was supposed to be an Ostcliff meeting, only to go up to the Inn and find Agaura herself was there. Oh man was I beat after sprinting down to find Bob, only to run all the way back up and kneel. Micheala there is no better pick for Agaura than you and you have truly effected my character's path.

Judge, your sermon was awesome! I will have to spend more time with you in game as I could use some pointers on preaching.

The only thing I have left to say is how much fun I had at this event! You guys are all amazing and I am honored to continue being part of this community.

Professor Dunn Ironwill
Cenobite of Agaura
Occultist.
Vassal of Ostcliff

OOG: Dane Williams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae), Swyft (agentswift), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
14 May 2017 20:34 #2 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
It was Fate (of Wisdom).

When I finally checked in, I made sure to pick up Divine Sphere of Protection, mainly because of a KR daydream I had, but boy did it come in handy on Saturday.

There was a large group heading out of the Inn and Gras invited Nalick along to come "slay a witch." Feeling like the Inn would be left largely undefended, Nalick decided to stay behind. Once the town had left, Pike came into the Inn and bumped into Nalick. He mentioned his reticence to join them; Pike talked about how she wanted to redeem the fire faery and cure his corruption. High Priest of the Goddess of redemption changes his mind and the two (almost literally) fly to the mod site.

At the time, it was still being set up. Dani as Pike walks through to see what we should do. When she comes back, she tells me that as soon as the PCs arrive, we go together to the end of the maze to meet with Steve, because he has a thing planned. Simultaneous excitement and nervousness. The immersion got real.

The PCs work their way through and reach the end. Steve as the fire faery having a scene with Pike and other townsmembers, laying into them verbally and physically when they attacked. Seeing Pike get upset, Nalick puts his staff down, watches a bit more until he thinks to intervene. Suddenly I'm standing with my back facing Steve, arms to the side, palms down, head facing the ground, reciting the Andorran verbals over and over again for what felt like a while. At least according to my arms.

Eventually, I hear "Let me out" from Watz(sp?) and slowly drop the barrier. Then the scene between him and Clytie and all of a sudden her body is on the ground. Nalick runs over to check her pulse and then freaking the hell out when there was none. Head shakes when several other people call "Detect Health" and other such skills. There were several plans mentioned of bringing her back to the Inn, but it wasn't until Nalick arrived back at the Inn, opened the back doors, and did a double-take at the woman standing 10 feet in front of him, leaning against Yaya. Clytie, in the [strike]fle[/strike]water?

Thank you to all involved on putting my character through the spin cycle for, I think, the third event in a row.

The "scrying" of Clytie using her tiara. The evolving expression on Wolfgar's face when he found out that his adoptive daughter was missing, really sold the scene. Seeing Clytie coming back and hanging back in the Inn while the town went out on another expedition. Declining when several people said to join them because he "didn't want to lose her a third time."

The "Dirty Spoon Seerees" with Chet on Sunday morning. Borrowing an empty box from Logistics (thanks, Cameron!) and taking it into the Inn where I'd been goofing around with some newer players. I used the opportunity to let them RP and explore their card options with the unknown, while in-game encouraging them to think critically. It seemed like it went well, fun-wise, even if not all their characters got the lesson. There is very likely more such experiments on the way.

Saturday morning new player mod. It amused me to no end that everyone involved with my mod, from its author to the cast, was all smiles getting prepared for it. There was especially one player who really thought outside the card and impressed me. I hope you enjoy that journal!

Late night silliness in the Inn. Early morning shenanigans with Aiki and Reno, et al. So much laughing and excellent food.

Teaching Marcus how to flirt while he's mid-conversation with a girl. The reactions of on-lookers (looking at you, Raine!). The whole thing was great. Love ya, Cody!

Stumbling into a meeting about Necrophitus and ending up green sorcery'd through a portal to a mod. Getting my tongue rotted out and frustrating/scaring people when I "spoke." Feeling somewhat competent in a fight was nice, despite or because of the fact that Nalick couldn't exactly talk. The moments that (blue) Kestrel knew exactly what Nalick had said, were particularly great.

James' NPC (!) "Billy-club Billy" and the other two members of his crew inviting Nalick on a hunt for "faery trinkets." Skepticism bumping up against his faith and Guard duty. Jackdaw and Garlan accepting his invite to join along in the hunt, and all of the RP, especially Billy going nuts.

Special thanks to Crystal B. in the kitchen patching up my boo-boo on Saturday morning!

Little sleep was had and even though it was restful, I'm forgetting some great RP moments. It's going to happen every time, but if I came away from a scene we had with a beaming smile, or not being able to stand or walk properly from laughing so hard, give yourself a pat on the back.

See you guys at WITL!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Garlan Tanwyn (GarlanTanwyn), Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
14 May 2017 23:17 #3 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
Monster Marshaling 2-6 PM was great fun, my NPCs are always great, even in the rain and heck. Billdad the larp dad will always take care of you AND make sure the PCs get entertained. I'm glad the Greatest story in the world encounter went over so well, and people had fun with it.

The faeries were all fantastico. Much love to every single one of them, from being adorable to majestic to stoic to just very interesting indeed. Grim hates magic but the faeries intrigued him to the point where he's not angry about Cinder's death.

Jackdaw's deaths... on the other hand. It gave me a chance to express grim's awkward emotions about his best frenemy, and allowed me to show just how much the glaze of control over grim's huge and deep emotions is a very surface layer.

Feast was quite good. So was the potato cheese and bacon pie in the AG.

The family roleplay of the Heargens, and how it relates to the family roleplay of the homunculi is really special to me. And grim recognizing yet another wonderful family dynamic with the faeries, which is why he wanted to make sure they all got uncorrupted and helped. (Even if he didn't do much but stand around and intercept and eat attacks that would kill other people.).

Grim awkwardly posing with his two hander in the midst of a HUGE sorcery/other powerful people ritual, since he's one of the few heroes of travance with absolutely 0 supernatural potential at all. Deciding to make the best of it by simply looking cool and guarding the guy with the Witch heart.

Pursuing a faerie foe down and body blocking them into a fire wall for instant death was pretty rad, as was stylishly eating a magic lance that would have killed Arradir and taking the hit for Grim instead, not that arradir was helped much as a Slay nailed him later.

Good RP with basically every perfect, even if was brief.

Training with Aiki and Duncan and I think at least one other dude.

Watching James, brian hahn, and a new player go out and bandits and entertain players with their excellent RP. Made my heart glad.

The wedding was rad. Congrats to the bride and Groom they're great people.

I'm a little sad some of Tori and her helpers had their work damaged by the rain, I know how much they put into this and the event was great regardless, but I know some of the touches they had planned weren't able to be done and I sympathize. (Says the guy who continually had torches getting snuffed by rain)

Some wonderful RP with Jackdaw and Starling, and then just starling later on, as grim awkwardly talks about his enormous mancrush on JD in the most awkward of ways.

An amazing farewell conversation with Cinder. Grim was inspired, and a little flame lit inside of him as he realized most of the people he runs after as heroes won't be around to face Icarus with him. He is alone, and must now be his own hope. It was a good time for him to choose his own heraldry of a wolf bearing a torch.

Trading headgear with Bob and Lois.

Gaia's visit, and Caldor fanboying out, as grim is like desperately saying "Be cool bro, be cool" was also really fun, especially when grim made his own personal request on the behalf of others.

the goddess of pain and war was rad as always, especially with her entire crew rolling with her.

Interactions with Ibn were extremely cool. It was nice to see Tristan for a full event, he's a heck of a player and a wonderful guy.

Late night AG shenigans with Seamus and Wili.

Rachael's NPC mistaking grim's sincere compliment on her hat with flirtation. Then finding out that another PC legit does have a low-key crush on her and laughing about it in Logistics.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sister Danae (Danae)
  • Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
15 May 2017 00:42 #4 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
Replied by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
How the heck did I forget the puzzle fun that was the Lilith Letter?

Holy smokes, that made for an amazing first half hour of play.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
15 May 2017 10:59 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
Gaia... Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ok. Real recap.

Gaiaaaaaaaaa

Ok. I promise this time.

Gai...

breathe, breathe.

Ok. First of all, MAD props to Tori and her team for the level of effort, prep and costuming that went into this event. Everything was great. I also want to specifically address each and every fairy NPC. You were all incredible. You all captured your 'elements' and fairy nature so well, that you each felt different, but unified.

Speaking of the fairies (and the Fae from last month) - I think its interesting that Caldor will call Fairies "your Majesty" and show them royal respect... when he doesn't do that for anyone else.

I spent the bulk of Friday night and Saturday morning doing the Springtide cleansing on all the buildings on the proper. .. HOLY HELL there are a lot of buildings on the proper if you count all the tents. I'm glad I was able to run into people at most of them. While it is a really short ritual, it creates good RP.

Friday night mass. Taylor, you couldn't have timed that better if you were hiding there waiting for it. I literally made the last call to life before starting the sermon, and you entered the altar space. Its incredibly difficulty to preach the teaching of someone... RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. It doesn't help that caldor gets compltely giddy around her. Last night I watched Moana again, and I realized Caldor works exactly like Maui does at the end. It made me feel great.

I think Caldor will NEVER forget casting prayers with Gaia's hand on his back. Never has there been a more personal call of "almighty gaia, hear my prayer" and response to same. It was really refreshing to hear Gaia speak and say the things Caldor has believed for years. I'm glad she's on board for our big plan. It was amazing to talk to her about all sorts of other plots and ongoing threads too, especially Hommunculi stuff.

To the others in attendance - wow. You all stepped up your game in front of Gaia. Thalia turning over the water, Damien turning over the holy symbol, Jed... NOT talking. All incredible. I can't list everyone involved, but you all made me so proud to be part of this. Brogen - thank you for the angel's wings... and for remembering to specifically ask for a token - I thought I had, but I guess I didn't ask the right way.

Late night Earth challenges I thought were interesting, but between the rain, how long it was taking and my tiredness, I had to bail them.

Saturday morning Brazen mass was well done, as always. I then had the pleasure of walking the proper with Jed and just talking between springtide rituals, including doing one at his shack. Sometimes the light walking and talking are the best times.

Most of saturday was a haze of having WAY too much going on. Maybe I'll remember more details later.

Lots of Druid stuff, including the planting of the new glade. The ritual was fun, and I'm excited to see what comes of this.

Wonderful RP all day from the fairies and the PCs.

Feast... was absolutely fabulous. Diane you outdid yourself. The leftovers were just as tasty.

To my kitchen crew. I'm still in awe at how quickly we cleaned up post feast. I've never witnessed it be that efficient and effective. I know in part it was Travance finally winning at Travancian Tetris, but the bulk of it was all on you. You were superstars.

Scrying for Clytie was so much fun. I really enjoyed 'parenting' Pike like she was a little kid, right in front of her mother. I think the look Alice shot me was the closest I came to taking a tag that weekend. I was more scared of that than the double apocalypse I had to defend.

Main mod gathering was a bit chaotic, and I wish we had better been able to sort ourselves but it worked out well.

My section of main mod was rather fun. Going after clytie to save her is ABSOLUTELY where I wanted to be, so I'm glad I ended up there. OOG I was so excited to be fighting with Lord and Lady Blackthorn, Magnus, Billiam, and the Warlord. That's a crew I don't get to run with often, and its people I was really happy to get to interact with. After we 'dropped' her, we split the group into a fighting team and a 'fix Clytie team'. That was SO MUCH fun. Again, working with such creative and imposing figures on it was great. ... May, I'm sorry/not sorry again about Purify Food and Drink. Mad props to Bacon for his role during this scene.

Post main mod I sadly had to focus on packing up and getting out b/c of Mother's day plans. I really didn't want to leave. Thankfully before I went out of character, i got to interact with the best NPCs - the two girls who just wanted to marry the fairy princes, so they could be fairy princesses. And the best moment in all of the game " Haaaaave you met my brother? VANISH"

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
15 May 2017 12:11 #6 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
So first off, big thank you to Tori for making such a fun event, it was fun.

Alright, kicking off with talking about experimental sorcery and how Morwene needs metric butt loads of positive energy. Thus finding Tori later to let her know I'll be charging, and then making puns at her as the fire fairys be all angry.

Saturday stupid oclock shenanigans. Not much to say but shenanigans.

hopefully entertaining the fairy queen of air with a word game.

Later saturday having fun rp talks with Blue (Kestral) about energies, how they work, and giving her advice for when we burn the negative energy/chaos out of the queens as part of the rituals. Follow up pep talks after she helps queen of water and then before main mod.

Main mod: So many near death experiences, so glad people kept me alive. But thank you to Steve, Tori, and Jason for putting up with my shenanigans during that last part of the fight. Getting to physically interact with plot in a big way. So glad I survived that massive use of positive energy only to be hit with another slay a few seconds later while making sure the prince is alright.

NPC Shift: Cody makes up a joke and then we all proceed to beat the dead horse, revive it, and then beat it again into oblivion. Sorry/not sorry to Aldric.

Sunday morning RP with James. Needing to do a thing at a place, roleplay will follow not giving out info yet.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kestrel (Kestrel)
15 May 2017 12:52 - 15 May 2017 12:59 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
-While it was a slow roll, once I realized Keola had a 'niche' that could work in plot, I actually had fun (and made a new friend in a Quinarian too which was unexpected because Keola is so bad at friends usually. Grumpy Dwarf Elf saved the day in the Mountain Trails)

-Hanging out with Faeries. Myris being mistaken for an Air court princess because she's just that pretty.

-Being the best assistant to a bunch of folks :D

-Reading to George the Mage's Guild charter and quizzing him on it.

-Accidentally meeting Agaura and making that quickly not my problem.

-Ilana getting all the help with removing another curse in her lands. Poor Maer though >.o' Just a few more to go!

-No one suspects the dragonfly of *death* (How precious everyone thought my totem form was amused the hell out of me. I'm glad I finally got to use it super effectively)

-Cinnamon helping others be clever because she's a tricky little Halfling-brained Homunculus.

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 15 May 2017 12:59 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Selphatos (Selphatos)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
15 May 2017 15:33 #8 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
What a damp event....

Kudos to Tori for her debut- I had very little involvement in this month's plot/story (despite being friends with many of them, Not a witch-hunter or a mage) but I heard some very good things. I look forward to more good stories and plot

Despite the weather, there was some good fun to be had and more than a little excellent RP.

Pre-Event stuff though..... Whoa. When Alex asked me to give her away, you could have floored me with a breeze from a feather. So proud of the person you have evolved into as opposed to the young woman I met three years ago... and I know you two will be fine. Just remember to never sleep in the same bed angry. :)

Friday Evening (pre-rain)

Excellent walk and talks with Cinder- politics, the state of his Kin and so many other things. Some really heavy conversation that was to be finished in the morning.... which I learned later on would not happen.

Saturday....

Brazen Mass. Well attended despite the rain... and the Message of Unity continues. "We all stand together or we will surely hang separately...

Lupoa later on and Agura's party crashing. Well shit....

A very serious discussion with Amalthea about a serious subject.

A counsel of Kanas and the options of the paths before him.

Assisting Aki with attempting to create a flowing like sand fighter in Grim. Very solid work but like everything a Brazenite views, room for improvement. :)

Blood Spirits Mod. A job is a job and the Contract is the Contract. A call to parlay and I meet with the NPC Merc Leader. A few terse words then the following:

"We are here to facilitate a meeting. Not death. The key to stopping Icarus is here."
"NO! You bring Death here.... go back."
"There are bigger problems than the past and we need get this done."
"GO BACK OR WE WILL KILL YOU"
"There does not need to be any fighting.."
"PREPARE YOURSELVES"
A sigh. "Very well... but your death and the defeat or your men falls on your head...."
"WE WILL SEE WHO DIES"

Walk back to the group. "Their leader is rather insistent on refusing to be reasonable despite my attempt to tell him fighting isn't necessary. On his head it is then. Gloves are off.... and Damian, he's yours."

It went poorly for them... but I did at least get to see what a Legionnaire Vanguard would look like in a fight when done right. Damn impressive- this fight went longer than it could have otherwise.

Results and repercussions remain to be determined.

Feast was excellent....

More excellent RP then it was to the camp to change socks.... and decide to stay down there. I was beat with being in the rain all day. :P

Sunday was more good RP in spots and a rapid cleanup to beat the weather.

If I remember more, I'll post later!

See everyone for Week in the Life!!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kanas Whisperwood Silverfang (midgetelf)
  • Chesta
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 134
15 May 2017 20:53 #9 by Chesta (Kevin)
Replied by Chesta (Kevin) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
I completely forgot to mention something. Blue (kestral) gives me some glowey stuff for my face to better rp having metric butt loads of positive energy. So thank you! After main mod I got to double up on that stuff by rping I was peeling my own skin off in the inn while I was peeling it off my face and hands. Got to freak somebody out which was fun.

Chesta Hartwick MazoKisei
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kestrel (Kestrel)
  • Swyft
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
  • Thank Yous: 339
16 May 2017 10:48 #10 by Swyft (agentswift)
Replied by Swyft (agentswift) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
Two of my best buds are married!!! Congratulations Forest and Alex Dugan! <3 I'm glad the weather held out long enough to let you guys have a beautiful wedding. Much love.

Friday night... treed by a bunch of wolves. How embarrassing. Thank-you to Sebastien and Damien for showing up and saving the cat in the tree, lol!

Nemuth: I heard you when you were up in that tree, before.
Swyft: Why didn't you come over, then?
Nemuth: What good would I do you while bleeding on the floor?
Swyft: Fair enough.

Faeries are badass. It was wrecked o' clock up in that inn.

Gaia showed up to Caldor's mass. How cool is that?

The return of Rupert and his surprising ability to appear and disappear for like, hours at a time. Except for that last time he was ballsy enough to go into the empty bar. By then I was hunting him like I was a feral creature. A really pissed off feral creature...

Saturday morning was my everything, dude. Michaela. You fierce queen, you. How can I ever describe what it felt like to have the last chapter of book one completed for Swyft? O.M.F.G.
I cannot even begin to give you the accolades you deserve both from how well you played the role of Aguara and how well your actions suited exactly what Swyft's crazy story arc needed.
You were PHENOMENAL. And I was so completely surprised by it, so much so that I still had on my hot pink sneakers from the kitchen when I first met you. LMAO

Thank-you so much for allowing that experience to happen. I wish I hadn't been so stunned the whole time, I had so much more I could have asked! Damn it, nerves! It was a pleasure to walk, talk and hold a drega'fabulous umbrella over us both in the unrelenting rain. And I cannot tell you how overjoyed I was (IG and OOG honestly lol) Aguara gave Swyft permission to be fabulous in Her name.
Holy sh--.
#@@#$(*@&#$(
EEEEEEEEE
<3
Thank-you.

Jed's Lupoa and the arrival of Aguara to it really kicked the entire scene into hyperdrive, inciting impassioned sermons about the utter necessity of the church to fight for their Gods together, because if the gods disappear there won't be anything left to even fight for. I wish I could recall Jed's entire speech, it was brilliant and I can't possibly do it justice with paraphrasing.
His personal moment with Aguara set my hair on end. The words the both of them exchanged about Swyft. :o I was (and still am) rendered speechless.

Totes almost died in the woods to fire fairy fury. Like.... really really close to death. Wasn't thrilled. Damn rain!

Fairy mod to deal with the fire prince was fought one handed because I refused to get wet. Drega'fabulous! Clytie you're a friggin' badass, seriously. Almost lost Black Tree because of shade... Great scene with Nalick there as we stood in the road after witnessng Rachael's witch hunter put her into her last minute of her death count with a warning that she'd kill us if we healed her. And then we healed her. So... that was a fun time, watching our backs all event, lol.

Being shady queens with Nemuth and Zelretch, talking about braiding hair into bathmats and
that friggin' fan, lol. *thworp*

Lauren nuuuuuuuuu. Stop talking to me as Eden, you madwoman. I'm gonna' accidentally cause an apocalypse! Now I have to play hide and seek when both you and Heimdall are around...

Pike/Daniella! You were just as cute as a button! Swyft loved her some Pike!

Chimera and I had fun playing twins with our matching hoods and sizes after feast. Heh.
Also the hilarity of sitting across from her at the table only to be told that Zelretch had put alchemical adhesive there and the look on his face and mine when he saw me. It was suggested I should change all the labels on his alchemy as vengeance. I just might. Because this makes like, the seventh time...

Defying Gravity with Amalthea at main mod where we fought the hardest things with the lowest level players, lmao!!!! Never a dull moment!

Swyft: (After hearing mythic lances and slays for days) So Bob... what we do when we're completely outclassed?

Utgaard was my go-to man for critically wounded guys. I don't know what I'd have done without him. Amalthea, my dudette. You. Rock. It was an honor to emp your critical. <3
Unlimited. Together we're... unlimited....

Edgelord cat fight with Ven. <3 <3 <3 You knew this day would come!

Mini-cat fight with Jonas, too! <3

Hiding with Antignua (Wow I probably spelled that so wrong) while listening to Zelretch get lectured by Cinder and Kanas after their scuffle. Then feral catting around Gaia in distrust.

Watching Zelretch be a complete bastard to the Szechuan Sauce Guy and his dogs... lmao
He has gone mad with alchemical adhesive power, it seems...

The morning visit to Rupert while he was still asleep. ^.^

Squaring up with Argyle for his racism and then being blamed for a cup being knocked over five feet away from us.

I'm sure I'm forgetting awesome things. Love you all, thanks for making KR such a festival of shenanigans! Thanks to Billy and the kitchen crew for the breakfast shift and being so on top of everything that I felt guilty about not doing more! <3 <3 <3

See you all soon!

Dame Swyft T. Glitterfang-Johnson-Ludwig
-Knight of Corvancia
- Carnifex of Aguara
- Designer of Stonefall Couture: "Because you're never too bad to look good!"

(OOG: Renée Day)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Selphatos
  • Thank Yous: 35
17 May 2017 11:01 #11 by Selphatos (Selphatos)
Replied by Selphatos (Selphatos) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
Definitely quite the interesting, unexpected, and amazing event for me!

>Arrived on site around 1:30am Friday morning so as to help with preparations all day Friday (Congrats again Forest and Alex!), and was met by a wild Nalick and Peaches- who were in amazing spirits and convinced me I'm far funnier than I actually am.

>Enjoyed helping various folks set up for both the wedding and the event itself in various locations. Always nice to have your inner interior decorator skills appreciated ^_^.

>The wedding reception /and/ ceremony were both stellar and I was very happy to have been able to attend it all.

>Running around like a headless chicken Friday before lay-on trying to get my character redone and squared away... Thanks for being patient and understanding with my indecisiveness, Nalick!

>First event as my new character and it started with a definite bang. Taking what I thought I knew about a certain race and tossing it onto its side, then its head, then its ass... then flipping it upside down completely. Culminating in an amazing dialogue with Cinder, audienced by Duncan and Tari.

>Seeing Duncan have issues communicating with one of the bewitched wolves as he tries to tell it to sit- and I step in and force it to sit. Turning to the group saying "See? You just need to use the right tone of voice." Then turning back to face the wolf and barely blocking an attack from it to the laughter of others.

>Giving sword lessons both in use and history to Keola, as well as making a new friend in both her and Clytie (thanks for the acid trip. Last time I touch strange wooden objects...no it isn't).

>Being convinced I should attend the Earth Trials. I had no intention of going, but I wasn't tired yet and so many people were going I figured I'd at least get a nice show. Followed by basically accidentally fumbling my way haphazardly through all three trials, and walking back to my tent in a state of shock and joy.

>I intended to keep my success in the trials as hidden as possible- turns out Avalon had other plans and people addressed me as such and I was so confused!

>Great time trying to sell my wares from Grumpy Dwarf Forge in character a majority of Saturday afternoon. Love to see people smile and laugh and see their eyes widen as they heft a weapon I've made and comment on the stability and lightness. Some even called it pure witchcraft.

>Being tossed around in a whirlwind of magic and performance enhancing potions before main mod, before being pulled aside by Tari and told "Two things. One; You need to go talk to so-and-so. Two; Cinder is dead..." Aaaaand all the confusion and awe and fear and excitement fading as my eyes grew wide and jaw grew slack.

>Coming back from main mod at demanding a private audience with King Avalon where I threw his sword at him and began to yell at him, which he took calmly. Then responded actually getting more heated than I'd seen him talk all weekend. Was some A+ roleplay from him and amazing dialogue and definitely gave me much to think on.

>Getting to meet the Queens of Air and Water (sadly never spoke to Fire :( ) and giving them fun personal little titles they seemed to enjoy.

>12-4am NPC shift was hell on my body, running off 2 hours of sleep- but the jokes.. lord the jokes. We should all fear the impending undead gorilla threat looming right at our doorstep. Also - Yipee-kai-yay~

>Wandering Sunday and sharing my imported Quinarian Spring Tea with anyone I could, but seeking out two individuals in particular to share it with was a very nice, casual chance to wind down from the weekends events.

So, thank you to one and all for a more than stellar start to this characters journey and I hope so so much I can continue it come June!

Rob Davis
Foamsmith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aria (Aria), Tim P (OrganicGolem), Annora (Karen), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dame Clytie Silverfang (itsgonnabemay), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt), Cara Easton (Raeelle)
  • Adertha
  • Thank Yous: 67
17 May 2017 18:04 #12 by Adertha (mlouscher)
Replied by Adertha (mlouscher) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
Just wanna open this with a huge thank you to Matt D for Pendarvin plot being incredible and Abby/Thalia for bringing me into it.
In no particular order...

-Having a new recruit to show around. I joke about being picked too often to babysit, but I do love helping prospective guards learn the lay of the land.

-Lots of good interactions with Ergos, Beorn, Thalia, and Amalthea. Finally getting to talk to other healers as the secret gets out.

-Pendarvin plot was great and I'm glad that I was given a chance to help out with it. Super excited to see what happens next.
--Running around cursed was hilarious and I almost wish I could have played around with un-healable wounds for more than a few hours.

-Main mod was a blast. I rarely play caster NPC's so getting to run around throwing goofy crowd control at everyone was great, and I hope I didn't annoy people too much with [Arcing Cast-Blink!]

-Special thanks to Billiam for trying so hard to make me laugh on Sunday.

Nethrion Adertha Nides
Professor Of Healing, Darkwood Academy
A Woman Of Relatively Little Consequence

==========
OOG: Eva L
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Kestrel (Kestrel), Seth (Kurteth)
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
18 May 2017 11:27 #13 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
The event was awesome in many ways, but one moment I had in particular, while NPCing the homunculus with Jared and Dustin, that sticks out most.

Politics over pizza.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
21 May 2017 16:37 #14 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
The wedding was pre-event, but still a highlight

Tim P as Stone King Avalon. His ritual lesson(s) were excellent, and he was totally down with the slow delivery. Analyzing his on-going chess game with him was first rate - he had a decent position, had a decent plan, but it would have failed if his opponent saw the zwischenzug. I left him with a somewhat better choice.

Equally enjoyable was my conversation with Christine R's Pebbles. She was trying to learn how to slow down, and we spoke a bit about how awesome she would be if she retained the ability to be fast as well.

Forest - I beat up your lovely bride, but she gave as good as she got. Alex was swinging serious damage and I had a feeling fighting her re-spawns was going to take more than my stock of Superior attacks, so it came down to attrition, a form of combat which uniquely suits Edwin.

However before that delightful encounter, I walked up to the NPCs outside the Barracks, about 5 minutes before the party assigned to that area arrived. I was wearing a dark cloak with a hood. I walked up to the NPCs and they recognized me as Edwin (good trick) and I asked what they were doing (as Clytie was doing some sort of ritual in the middle) and they said waiting to ambush those on their way. I walked away and told the coming group (Caldor) what was going down.

Five wolves coming up to my cozy campfire and not heeding my warning to leave. It was an interesting exercise that I do not recommend for others.

Teaching Julia to properly deliver a sprackett.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: JTinney (Swordsaint), Argyle Del Dragon (AngryCelt)
  • Tim P
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 379
01 Oct 2017 23:02 #15 by Tim P (OrganicGolem)
Replied by Tim P (OrganicGolem) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
-Wearing the height of fashion since 101 NW
-Learning this hip new "chess" game
-Many sumo, minimal clothes tearing
-Last second champion, saved my alternate possible test of strength for last I guess
-Got the family back together, and promptly left when the fan girls came out

[hr]
-Tim P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mantel (sigma-j), Selphatos (Selphatos)
  • Mantel
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • No matter where I go. It all traces back to the Mountain.
  • Thank Yous: 226
02 Oct 2017 08:28 #16 by Mantel (sigma-j)
Replied by Mantel (sigma-j) on topic May 2017 Highlights!!
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds.

Time for Avalon to post his highlights: priceless.

Mantel Warrane (AWz., QMA; AM, WSS)
Grand Librarian Emeritus, Darkwood Academy of the Metaphysical Arts
Professor Emeritus of Weave Studies, Darkwood Academy
Warden of the Keep, Allied Territory of Corvancia

---
(OOG Jean M, they/them)

"How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also if I am to be whole." - C.G. Jung
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cara Easton (Raeelle), Ergos (arieslink)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.607 seconds