March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)

• Grimkjell Eirson
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "You! Small man! Hold my furs while I kill this."
  • Thank Yous: 500
05 Mar 2018 02:18 #1 by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!) was created by Grimkjell Eirson (BillHannings)
First highlight is definitely Tori's storytelling. I was very much engaged by the plot and helping a rebellious good spiderperson against an evil queen. It appealed to the best angels of Travancian nature. Also the slow expansion of spiderwebs all over the proper was noticed and an excellent slow burn way of getting immersion.

Second highlight: The costuming and roleplaying of all the major NPCs, the healer, the general, the two defectors, the assasin, and the queen were all wonderful choices. I got a moment with all of you except for Ben (Even if my moment with Christine was mostly trying to kill her myself, then ordering every sneakyman in travance to knife her on main mod)

From there, the rescue mod into the rift was well described and neater skeeter, especially rescuing PCS in our first combat with the new rules. It all made sense and there weren't any more holds than in the odl rules, and possibly even less.

Lilith's mod was wonderful of course. I cried twice, wrote a letter and a poem, lost the poem and the letter, only found the letter, and got dunked on by Jason Feldman from freakin CHINA.

Getting put in command on main mod was a great semi-surprise, I knew something was up from pre-game talks I had with Diane but it was still flattering. I wonder who else caught the Ace Combat 0 reference I threw in when Grim as addressing the truth.

Having Jackdaw be my Bannerman was also super fun, as Justin and I play off each other stupidly well. It was buddy cop show during a war as we're moving between battles as fast as we can trying to supervise, pin down, and destroy the evil Spider court.

Every player was on their a game in terms of kindness and politeness with the new rules. I've nver had such universally positive reactions from everyone the whole time, even when we found problems or bonkers exploits we were simply discussing them without getting mad as the will was clearly there to make things better for everyone. So credit to bother the playerbase and the rules team for that.

I had some great moments with Ibn, Bob, and to a smaller extent (Because he wasn't around as much) Victor.

I also got to watch one of the best arguments in game between Jackdaw and Magnus, and get a chance to make a decision as Grim. It was a wonderful set of moments.

Alice B, I had tons of time with Starling this month and it was a true joy.

Norm, as always playing with Silverbow is a true joy, and as he acts as a mentor and promoter to Grim it's super wonderful. Ardin has had Grim's back since 1213 and I'll never forget it.

I love Sonya's new Redcap. The pre-written cards for interaction are so wonderful.

I had great banter with the Bartenders as usual, and a nice moment with Angeliana.

Family roleplay with Burkhart and Caldor were wonderful as always. The Heargens are so solid and loving we almost take it for granted.

Ostcliff impressed me on main mod especially, so shout out to that level of organization.

My NPCs sundaya morning were very cooperative and creative, I loved having two kids to control the elementals and wreak havoc throughout the Inn.

It was super pleasant to run into (and clobber) james on the field during main mod, and have him comment that Grim fights and works exactly like an anime character (Which is honestly very true at times)

For the time they were here, Alex and his crew were truly wonderful to interact with, I always enjoy the fighting they do, and the insight they bring about game mechanics and roleplay. I also loved the new rumor about grim.

This was my first game since Alice and Justin and Jason Feldman made me listen to Hamilton, so of course they barraged me with little nods to it in game and between game. Which was deeply hilarious ;)

Feast was wonderful as well, thanks to Diane and the servers.

Special thanks to Mars for doing my items.

IG: Sir Grimkjell Eirson
Knight of Pendarvin
Guardian of Mercy

OOG: William Hannings
Land system Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Angeliana (Angeliana), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
05 Mar 2018 08:14 #2 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Of note…

This weekend could have been a giant disaster due to the weather- both from game perspective and from injuries… I wanna give everyone mad props for braving the Overperforming Storm and for being careful when y’all were at game.

Highlights; I don’t have many as I am fuzzy brained right now but in no particular order:
Friday Items- Thank you Steve and Conor for help with converting the last of the major items for Duncan. I know there are loose cards floating around but the main stuff is done. Greatly appreciated.
Discussions on Faith- or What can YOU Do Now?

The Search for Knowledge- Rift Spiders no fun.
Duncan with a Gun? Why Yes… And I got fairly good with reloading too. This becomes important... for many reasons all weekend.

The FIRST Gun Duel/battle in Travance. Zach Theis, I gotta say that the duel with your NPC assassin was about one of the best highlights I had this weekend. The continued hilarity that came later…
*bang*
“You!”
“Yes, Me!”
“Oooooooh No you don’t!”

Steve- why is it that I always seem to face one of your fighting NPC roles when I only have my hammer? Damnit!!!
Ms Lavin- our battle of wits/magery and faith was a fun time… Damn Necromancers!

Feast Benediction- Like I was not gonna give it when one of the Flock was cooking? Thank you all for quieting down so I could speak; for some reason, my ability to Project was on the fritz Saturday night. Remember, there is always more work to do… so lets Get To It.

Feast- excellent and very rich food..... for which I paid for later.

Meeting the Queen Part One: A pleasant exchange despite her looking like a Drider. *shudder*

I need my head examined… Its been forever since I ran with Will/Oren or any of the Guard. This night, I ran with Rayven, Oren, Jango and two others… and our merry band eventually ran into the Enemy Queen. Because that’s our luck.

Barracks Field- Yo…. I never wanted to be a combat casting fool. But I wound up being that here. Brazen Devotion made a difference- as the normal casting time would have gotten me killed due to me being mobbed….

Meeting the Queen Part Two-
Me: “Why are we fighting after all?”
Good Queen: “I am leading a Rebellion over the Evil Queen….”
Me: *stares for a good five seconds* (deadpan voice) “bloody revolutionaries…”
Annora: “Duncan, its ok…. The queen we are overthrowing really is a bad perso- er…”
Me: Lass… ye know we don’t do Nobility in the Highlands and I’ve nae issue with it. Its fine… Not about to stop helping… just right nice to know WHAT I’m helping…”

Side Highlight- It was a Blood Spirit that ultimately killed the Evil Queen (with a whole lotta help from Grim) and it was a Blood Spirit who placed the crown on the new one’s head.

Three Templars in a Bar discussing religions… and the crazy semi-blasphemous commentary that comes with it. Much laughter… and Dave/Ben, we NEED to do this again.

There is more there… but right now I’m not thinking of it.

Until the 20th Anniversary, stay safe!

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
05 Mar 2018 09:09 #3 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Sadly had to miss Friday, but thankfully the story was well crafted enough to get right into it saturday morning.

SUPERB hats of to tori for a fantastic story, and to all of her NPCs and helpers for really pulling an A-game.

Obviously major props to Rob Ira for being the best, and most bad ass, butt in all travance.

The good queen's thorax was the focus of way too much attention. I knew Caldor was weird on his taste in women, but did not know how many others were too. My favorite moment was when she turned to me and said something to the effect "I have been warned to stop you before I get shot".

The makeup on the spiders was amazing, as was the egg prop.

I really look forward to the idea of having this race of spiders as an ally in the future.

Lillith mod was incredible. Matt, Alice and somehow Feldman pulled a great surprise that resulted in both an emotional and dramatic battle. Alice you did a great job as a mod boss, and everyone did a great job in the fight.

Because I love finding exploits and loopholes (even if I don't want to use them), I really enjoyed watching people find tricks. Props to the rules team for their quick answers, their openness to feedback, and their willingess to talk about the issues (when they had time) was admirable. I look forward to providing formal feedback, even if it means loosing some of my potent abilities.

Matt Calo was amazing with helping people with items as best he could. It was great.

All faiths mass was fun, though I was sad to miss midnight mass.

Diane did a wonderful job with feast. So delicious.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
05 Mar 2018 09:25 #4 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Most anyone who knows me knows I hope for the best and remain cynical of change-as are many disappointed idealists who come from my brutal little corner of this world. when I heard the rules were being rewritten, I was cynical. when I heard who the dev team was composed of, I was cynical about most of them. when I read, I was very cynical. I am happy to admit that the apocalypse I thought was coming did not arrive.

At the urging of friends I branched out a bit and was really nervous (and still am). this turned out to be a good thing because I felt really effective after about three years of being in the community. still waiting on the lore for one of the other changes (looking at Steve and Tori with anticipation for that conversation) but we'll see. I'm not really the type to put myself out on a limb (one gets nervous after so many backfires), so lets hope this goes well. Apparently, there is some tweaks to the double dragoon thing, so I'm willing to help figure out a fix to the issue if necessary. all people have to do is get hold of me.

Friday night started with a grim purpose and frustratingly cunning minds, and warm hearts. then someone did a dumb, and the Hibernian Wall found out about it. Thing about Hibernians: they can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

Main was amusing. not only did I finally have a purpose- part of the Queen's bodyguard, but the banter was great including this gem by annora to the queen:

"Donny's good in a fight, but he isn't that bright."

Mission achieved. then, coming into the fight at Alisandria, letting loose with the standard Donny saying:

"SOMETHING'S GETTIN' A KICKING!"

it echoed back. apparently it is slowly catching on and it is a source of demoralization to the opposing side.

Had to leave early, but I had a blast.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
05 Mar 2018 09:31 #5 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)

JTinney wrote: There is more there… but right now I’m not thinking of it.

Until the 20th Anniversary, stay safe!

Yup.... more. And I'm kicking myself for getting this..

The "Ostcliff Men's Choir". Gentlemen.... thank you for singing through the Gnomish Far Speaking Device to a Travancian who was unable to attend due to weather and other engagements...

You made her weekend And she was at a funeral that day for a well loved patient of ours, the Song... was perfect.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
05 Mar 2018 20:27 #6 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
The early evening into the night, Karen and I helped make sure everyone else's cards were ready for the event. When I got checked in, though, Drew did a double-take at my card.

"Balla, did you seriously buy 11 ranks in Wisdom!?"

I nodded and Drew, in the process of losing his mind, ran to the make-up room to show Tori.

Knight Realms has never been about the card for me, so my weekend wasn't any different from the norm. I didn't really know what was going on plot-wise or follow after it. Nalick's array of skills still eluded me. Chet still ignored his card almost entirely because he was too distracted by opportunities to chew the scenery--and also still ate Feast with his hands.

Speaking of Feast, that chicken was superb. Props to Diane and all the players who made it possible.

To all the new Travancians (my condolences), thank you for coming out in a snowstorm to play pretend with us. Saturday evening was especially great (looking at you, Dr. Buttons). Besides, Chet thought it would be a "Wise" idea if someone were at the Inn keeping it--and the booze--secure.

To Steve: Quack. Quack quack.

Tori, from what I hear, running an event is stressful enough; I can't imagine running one centered around a personal phobia. When you wake up from your coma on Wednesday, know that we're all thankful.

Friday night Quick Chek run, but before I left, being asked to check if Matt C. needed anything. When I did, he politely turned down food but "wouldn't turn down a coffee." Here's hoping it helped.

Folks, if you had a functional character card, thank Joey G. It'd be a shame if he were an unsung hero. Special thanks to the Database crew for both not crashing the system, but also working so well together as a team.

Grumpy. Dwarf. Forge. Seriously, you all are consistently highlights of my weekend. One in particular was the briefest exchange with Steven's Dwarf. No introduction, just right into the crudest jokes. Chet's got a new best friend.

See you guys at April, if only the weekend!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustiria (mytho2), Selphatos (Selphatos), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
05 Mar 2018 21:12 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Man. First ever Knight Realms event was a blast! XD

But seriously I had an awesome time and loved the new rules. Tweaks need to be made sure, but overall I thought they turned out great for the first game that they were played at.

I loved the rest system! It was great.

ANYWAY time for highlights.

Surprisingly, a highlight was helping with the item re-writes before Lay-on. I genuinely enjoy doing things relating to rules, whether it's writing cards or general discussion.

Though after lay-on:

Friday night baptizing yet another Galmachian! I expected it but still doesn't diminish the excitement that I have when I do it.

Kaiva's confusion upon hearing Merikh's new verbals was great. And even better after seeing what a devotion of his can do.

Saturday was great. The mod to create a nest for the egg was great. Got to try out my Arquebus!! Loved it and glad I can use it more.
- Favorite moment from that fight was when I dropped a spider, Vanished, and then as Reece(as different spider) was running from warriors popped out and finished him off with a puncture from my Arquebus, which allowed me to Vanish again....the IG visual of that is great. "Oh thanks Cae...wait where did he go?"

Hey look! Arden is here!...and she has a new fish friend?!?

Saturday night Main mod "Alright Caelvan, Soli(spelling?) make the group to take out the healer." 5 minutes later, "Okay done".
-Get told by no less than 4 people I was getting inoculated because they didn't want to deal with Caelvan being chaotically altered against the town...I don't know how I feel about that reputation....
Main mod starts and the strike team hits Christine and downs her in under 5 minutes. I think we know the caster kill team now.

Later that night BLIGHTS!!! So glad those came out in the world and not just on mods anymore.

Sunday was full of relaxing mostly which was a good change from the hectic-ness on Saturday.

That's all for now. Can't wait for next event!!

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ninnyhammer
  • Life is short and pleasures few and holed the ship and drowned the crew.
  • Thank Yous: 65
05 Mar 2018 21:16 #8 by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins)
Replied by Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Blaze (Oakley) and I had to miss Friday because of the weather, but still walked away from a really enjoyable event. We got up at four to be able to arrive on camp in the morning and make full use of our time and didn't head to bed Saturday night/Sunday morning until five. I feel like with every event I sleep less and laugh more. And that's a fair fucking trade-off. So, highlights:

• Making tasteless commentary during Andorran mass.
• Weaponcasting made a world of difference for me, martially. Combat still isn't personally my favorite aspect of the game, but I favor it more now with the new rules in place. Hats off to 2.0
• Expended my first ever Break Limb for a sick grift. No regrets. I support Inquisitor Lock's comedic endeavors.
• The juxtaposition of Inquisitor Lock and Kaiva Malakai, the respective poster children for Aguara and Andorra.
• "sea thieves”
• Rolled a 99 on my first, and likely only, black clothespin.
• “Strategy” session for main mod / Guy Fieri appreciation assembly.
• “If Priests can make food as a cantrip, can they make edibles?”
• Jeff's broken ass card. You goddamn treasure.
• Emotional moments while soliciting help with a personal matter, and watching the execution of Dr Kroh. I really relish those softer moments when playing someone so unhappy and vitriolic. Felt good.
• "The inscriptions are laid in progressively smaller and smaller type and at the bottom of my tombstone, in braille, it reads: fuck off Hardwick.”
• Bee Realms 2017.

Looking forward to April! St Astrid's Day is going to be a trip.

Lira Ninnyhammer, Baronial Inquisitor

OOG: Anna Collins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
05 Mar 2018 22:10 #9 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
I continually grow more attached to the nonsense characters I create than I do my normal PCs.
This time on Who the #%$ is Steve playing:
The unassuming bouncer, Francis.

I appreciate Ben Herman more than ever, because he's the only one who gets my jokes.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capt Locke (Jonathon), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
06 Mar 2018 11:59 #10 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)

Aleister wrote: I continually grow more attached to the nonsense characters I create than I do my normal PCs.
This time on Who the #%$ is Steve playing:
The unassuming bouncer, Francis.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that Francis is not a 'normal pc'

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
  • Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
07 Mar 2018 10:56 #11 by Dustiria (mytho2)
Replied by Dustiria (mytho2) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
So glad you had fun with my kids. When I asked them what was the most fun they had this weekend the said being pest exterminators on Sunday, Thank you for giving them so much fun on their npc shift!

My NPCs sundaya morning were very cooperative and creative, I loved having two kids to control the elementals and wreak havoc throughout the Inn.

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Dustiria
  • Thank Yous: 92
07 Mar 2018 11:21 #12 by Dustiria (mytho2)
Replied by Dustiria (mytho2) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Boy did I have fun! I loved the plot and the NPCs makeup and costumes were amazing! Many kudos to those who rewrote the rules, helped with player cards, helped with item cards and ran the event. So many helpful people. I personally like the new rules its way easier for me to understand not that I can remember whats on my card lol. add to that Having 11 adults and 2 kids in our crew made for a fun time this weekend!

Lets see highlights for me on NPC shift. Break no sining in public rule. For those who dont me I have the worst voice you have ever heard and have been banned from public singing. When the marshall said I need drunks and a tone deaf person who wants to be a bard i knew my time had come. Not only did i get to sing in the inn I got a job! lol Pcs sent me to sing across the rift at an orphanage.

highlghts for Dusttiria {Dusty} Lets see. After making a spider fall down with out touching it getting grilled by Tsula about what happened on my solo walk.

trying to hide from Chet something is diffrent about me but every time I fudged the truth a bit Clover our tiny slyph coughed making me have to tell the trurth.

Tari and Dirge what good conversation we had when I told you about my trip to the crossroads. I am sure its a good thing right?

Grabbing Moriki and dragging him to thre fire drake seller. I had a pet for a whole 30mins! So to the marshall we encountered at logistics. Didnt meant to make you keep saying this is not how this works lol

Drinking in the blackbird when I hear this needs salt. out i pull my alchemy kit and hand over a vial of salt. What you don't carry salt? Even helped make the butter beer better. Who knoew my alchemy translates into better drink creations?

Watching Chet have to go out of game from laughing too hard at my kids and my husband with their southern accents pretended to be pest exterminators.

Lastly my epic slide. Cuaght between the bar and a spider I sprinted across diagonally to the women in a bubble. halfway dropped to my knees to slide under the npc sword and salmmed into the table. I made it to safety!

Thank you to those who played Clover's dragon card game with her. She said it made her day that adults would take time to play. I love how welcoming you all are when we bring Clover and Pipwin. the kids always have a lovely time!

Dustiria the Alchemist/Engineer and something else. Let's just say I make all the bombs.

My friends call me Dusty

Member of the Alterra council

OOG Marcia K Thompson
Grumpy Dwarf Forge Artist
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ephrem (bamore62)
07 Mar 2018 12:58 #13 by Max Garrnett (MaxGarrnett)
Replied by Max Garrnett (MaxGarrnett) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
I made my return to KR last event, but I finally got back into the groove of Max's personality this event. Then Sen the Rec Cap showed up and was a terrible influence.

That spider makeup, tho!

NPC shift: I loved running around as an incompetent goblin troupe and getting in way over our heads. "I want your hat!"

The Oscliff Valkyries including Max during main mod, even though Max is fairly new to Travance. Thanks, ladies, for making me feel welcome and useful!

And shout out to Sen (Sonya) for knowing my skills better than I do!

Chatting at the bar with Fyde (who I'm sure judges my popcorn intake) and watching Karl trying to weasel a drink out of anyone around.

Listening to a bar full of priests argue about their various gods and interpretations of their teachings.

Being welcomed by a great group of people at feast!

Overall, the welcoming nature of everyone I interacted with made the weekend fantastic. Thank you!

Max

(OOG: Rachelle Oldmixon)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Angeliana (Angeliana), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Sir Reno Linsaria
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Words will always be stronger than any weapon or spell.
  • Thank Yous: 73
07 Mar 2018 19:59 #14 by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Replied by Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
The Spider Princess (now queen) was so nice and wonderful to interact with. We had a lot in common!
Carrying a whole lot of responsibility this month but it was so much fun!
I enjoyed interacting with everyone this month, including npcs.
FRANCIS MY GOOD FRIEND!
My Npc shift was so much fun. The itsy bitsy spiders in the inn hahaha I'm sure people loved me.
I also loved helping with putting all the webs up around the camp

[img

[OOG: Rae Gisinger/Metsuda (They/Them)]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Kiana Wiley
  • There's nothing like looking if you want to find something.
  • Thank Yous: 8
07 Mar 2018 21:09 #15 by Kiana Wiley (Kiana)
Replied by Kiana Wiley (Kiana) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Okay! So after a year I finally stopped putting of showing up to my first event!

Everyone was super welcoming to us new peeps and great about handling all the confusions with the rules changes. And to all that apply thanks for your hard work and providing a great weekend for all of us!

SO! Nothing in any particular order but,

-Trying to learn new spells and skills but being interrupted every single time by something bursting in to attack the Inn. No
learning, only running.

-Watching the resurrection of a Saint.

-Watching the Rift Spider battle through the windows of the Barn. Never have a group of people been so grateful for a wall before.

-NPCing as a spider humanoid and making crazy noises.

-Chasing retreating Heros down the mountain after their attempt at stealth killing the Spider King

-Asking questions to earn cookies!

-The ever expanding spiderwebs that I got to help put up

And during main mod Saturday night...
Friends who are nosy together...

Iska and Mack wanted to check on their friend Pak to make sure her survived main mod.
On their way out they're told "Make sure you dont get killed"
Iska and Mack proceeding to trail the main mod battle without weapons and completly oblivious to 3 infected trailing behind them.
Iska: "Its fine all the monsters are over there!"
The two of them get dropped to Serious in about 2 seconds and are left in the road. Luckly a knight came and healed them and had them
escoreted back to the Inn where they find Pak, not at the battle like they thought in the first place!
Pak shared how he had to run from battle to after being infested and almost killed too many times.
The three of them get drunk and toasting their near death experiences as an initiation into the ways Travance and going to bed.

-Sunday Morning Mass at the Bar

Iska is pleased to learn that her arrival in Travance, just like everyone else was destined and she was called to be a "Hero".
Iska then learning that it a Hero's job to help face Necrophitus and the bajillion undead that are to be released into the world
like a plague, and is imediatelly less pleased.

I'll add more as I remember, but for now I had such a great time I didn't wanna take my costume off Sunday afternoon. Super excited for April. Wont be able to make the whole thing but for sure on the weekend!

OOG: Kiana Wiley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz (Liz), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Ephrem (bamore62), John Mc (mackyhaas)
07 Mar 2018 21:12 #16 by Ryan Leonardow (orionsky21)
Replied by Ryan Leonardow (orionsky21) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
To forums everywhere I am a new player, I enjoyed this immensely and I can't wait for the upcoming event of all or nothing as told to me by the bartender on Sunday morning... To begin from the top Pak has arrived with Iska and is in an unknown land. However, the first night was tedious and a lot of waiting. Pak was to shy and didn't trust anyone to really talk or interact with anyone. It wasn't until later that Pak saw Laric (larynx, larik)??? And remembered his time at the ball. He remembered feeling for the first time that warmth and love he never truly felt coming from a total stranger. All because this pirate danced with him. Being shy Pak saw Him and immediately was caught off guard by the rose that was given to him. It was at that point that Pak went to bed to think about his life. Everyone in travance more or less isn't that bad... Maybe he can lightened up and start talking. It was because of laryc (sp) that all these thoughts came into play. So going to sleep that night Pak awoke to the sounds of spiders and invested humanoids outside the barn... frightened and somewhat curious he looked out the window along with Iska and immediately went back to bed as it wasn't his problem. However, later that day after some food... he found out that the crazy queen had tried to attack during the night. Oh yeah and he got drunk... Pak being the lowest man in the tribe with the specialization in assassination was always looked down on for being weak because he is emotionally attached to easily... so long story short when the tribe was drinking and it was passed around there would be no booze left. So Pak had his first official drink in travance and immediately got wasted... back to the Npc shift it was fun playing an infested humanoid and a homunculus. I did find it hard to keep track of the body points. Overall it was a great experience! Later that night at the feast. Iska was missing and Pak went to find her only for her to just appear in the dining hall looking for me. Then during the post feast I lost her again. Pak is only "here" because of iska... so without her I'm lost. In the process of finding her again a battle was brewing and Kaiva protected me for the majority of the night. While it was to protect a fellow combatant and myself I assassinated humanoid. Overkill but still defense! Them i was spider bitten and I acted like I was in pain and the full gambit... I crawled over to kaiva screaming for help and she healed me and I camouflaged out and ran back to camp. Where I found iska and mac... we all shared a heavy drink and went to bed. Sunday the bartender told me of the all or nothing battle and how one way or another we are all heros... perhaps I'm here for more then I think. Only time will tell as the world may soon end as Pak knows it... time to put trust in people that I may not know. A risk but to die alone is worse then death in Paks eyes...

Best first event ever! Still a noon but learning. Oh yeah I have to find peaches...

Ryan Leonardow
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2), Kiana Wiley (Kiana), Ephrem (bamore62), John Mc (mackyhaas)
08 Mar 2018 11:15 #17 by Briarthethorn (Briarthethorn)
Replied by Briarthethorn (Briarthethorn) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
I don't usually post these, but....

I had a blast. It was a really fun event even though we were only there on Saturday. I got to interact with some cool Pendarvin folks that I haven't really interacted with before. Set some things up for Iroh, who should be returning next month.

- Everyone reacting to the race change
- Learning with Llana was about the most fun I've ever had during a lesson.
- I think I swore in as a vassal in a way no one ever has before (Thanks Korvin + Silverbow).
- Went on only one mod all day, and I am absolutely fine with that.
- Feast was fun, despite getting silently teased by a mute redcap. (Kudos to whoever played the redcap, I really enjoyed that character)
- Green goose was a fun bit. I appreciated it even more when I learned some things about it OOG.

That is about it. See you all next month.

-Jasper Thomas-son
OOC: Ryan Ammermann

Ryan A.
  • Wili
  • Thank Yous: 206
08 Mar 2018 15:24 #18 by Wili ()
Replied by Wili () on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
I think the Blackbird got attacked more times this event than the last two years combined. It was awesome.
-Steve and James golems
-Bards trying to enslave us
-Spider generals
-Spider infested rat people
-I think there were some undead?
-Carl with a C, not to be confused with Karl with a k, the horrible demon guy
-Plus a bunch more.

Bypass is my new favorite thing EVER.

Thanks to everyone that let us test our newest drink concoction on you. It'll probably be on the specials board for a few months, along with something much nicer (maybe lavender and vanilla?)

Also thanks to everyone who purchased baked goods! We are getting closer to our goal!

"Thanks for eating popcorn at my execution, I guess"... "Technically, I did NOT bring popcorn to the execution"

Wilindé Aläciel
AKA Wili
Blackbird Manager Extraordinaire

OOG-Kelley Commeford
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
08 Mar 2018 17:24 #19 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Feast was so good. The veggie option was out-of-this-world delicious. Diane, recipe, please, so I can make it before Lent is over! Many thanks for always doing a great service to many hungry people with such a well prepared and tasty meal.

Matt spending so much time helping people with their items AND keeping his composure and patience. Kudos to you for the hours and hours for each and every one of us who needed aid. You're the best!

We went ahead and did Mass anyway. Woohoo! Special thanks to Duncan setting it up, Caldor who was able to do a "make up sermon" after being delayed into the Proper, and all who participated. Somehow we'll figure this out.

Great plot for our first trial run with the new rules; thank you Drew and Tori and all those NPC special spiders who added so much to the weekend.

I was so impressed with all the players and the patience each one had with fellow players. Nothing is perfect, but some things go smoothly because of the people involved. The great highlight of the weekend was that the game went on not as if the rules never changed, but as if everyone was prepared to have a good time with the changes.

Sunday morning sparring lessons from Selphatos and friend (my memory needs jarring with regard to names, always). I truly appreciated the IG and OOG knowledge and experience that you guys shared with me.

I always enjoy seeing what kind of trouble....no, mischief....that Dusty seems to get herself into. So good to see the Grumpy Dwarf and the little ones were there too - spiders beware!

Sunday morning lessons with Sindarion. Proud OOG papà.

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex (Wormwood), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Angry
  • Thank Yous: 131
09 Mar 2018 04:08 #20 by Angry (Angryman86)
Replied by Angry (Angryman86) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Majestic Beard

The problem child of cards

Father Angrin McCoy, Baronial Quartermaster
  • Starling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 113
09 Mar 2018 12:49 #21 by Starling (starling)
Replied by Starling (starling) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
A big thank you to everyone who came out on Lilith Field Trip Mod - I was high high levels of nervous about that fight and you were all super positive. And, frankly, seeing the looks of surprise after the quick change is a memory that's going to stick with me for a long time. Special thanks to Rachael for being my necessary assitant and Matt M for running with my weird "WHAT IF I CHANGED APPEARANCE MID MOD???" need to be high key theatrical.

Also eternal thanks to Matt C pre-event and everyone in logistics for reviewing new Psionicist skills with me like seventy times.

Yamaira, you were marvelous as Queen Ariska. I was thoroughly prepared to be scared and standoffish, but the first few minutes of interacting with you were so affecting and hit Starling under her skin. So, uh, she went #TeamRebelSpiders

Tori, you ran a heck of an event and thank you for continually putting up with my questions as I figure out wtf new scholar even does.

Big highlight moments:
- the quiet realization that Starling had, that she believes Ariska is genuinely a better person than her
- "I TOLD YOU THEIR NAMES HAD APOSTROPHES" after insisting the ixarachne had Quinarian-esque spelling conventions
- Spider Queen protection detail on main mod. Y'all were a great team and made what can be a pretty boring thing OOG into a blast
- that time Starling had a quiet breakdown like two feet away from Corsair because EVERYTHING IS THE WORST - it produced some marvelous interaction and like, woah friends
- accidentally joining the blights mod and finally, finally, FINALLY getting to use Telemancy. Starling has been obsessed with it for a year and that was a great time to actually break it out.

Squire to Lord Angelica Tellinghast
Viceroy of Drega'mire

OOG: Alice Bryson
Marshal, New Player Rep
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood), Caldor Eirson (Caldor), Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Seth
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
09 Mar 2018 13:09 #22 by Seth (Kurteth)
Replied by Seth (Kurteth) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Great event!

Was a ton of fun to be one of the main bosses! Lots of fun playing around with the new rules.

Matt, obviously the final fight with Magnus was very cinematic and very fun! One of the most fun fights I've had at KR! Thanks for roleplaying damage not just swinging wildly to try and win. It was great!

Had a lot of fun beating up James and Steve on Sunday when they came out as brigands! And pulling that final attack on Steve by thrusting my sword under his arm while he was monologueing was pretty hilarious!

Thanks to Tori for letting me try out the new big bad rules, and thanks for everyone who was fighting me I had a blast!

Thanks Drew for being there to make sure things actually worked out.

Thanks to Rachel, Rebekah, Yamaira, Tori, Kelley, and everyone else who did make-up and costumes for the Ixarachne! It was a lot of effort but it definitely paid off! Those tabards and thorax pieces looked stellar!

I don't remember all of the people who went on the assassination mission. Zelrech, Red, Sindarion (I think) and some others, but that was a lot of fun! You guys definitely gave me a run for my money when you all turned invisible and were hitting me from the shadows. Great roleplay!

Overall, good event! Lots of fun to be had, and a great chance to try out the new rules. Can't wait until next month! See you all there!

Seth

[hr]

OOG:Ben Carlson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wili (), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Bret Hook
  • Thank Yous: 3
09 Mar 2018 20:17 #23 by Bret Hook (darksteelhero)
Replied by Bret Hook (darksteelhero) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Oh god I've never done one of these before so I guess I'll give my highlights (Spoiler Alert: It's the entire event). Well lets see...

Friday:
I spent Friday getting weird looks and being asked a lot of questions such as "You're a Gnome right?" and "I thought your people were extinct?". Typical questions anyone going to Travance gets I assume.

Saturday:
I started getting used to being a dead race walking. Some friends and me attended the All Faiths Mass and I actually learned a thing or two about faith in this game (and according to one of the people there, all the goddesses are really hot). Then I had a really nice conversation with a cat lady and her friends about the last time they had seen a Gnome. He then helped the non-psycho spider queen (props to whoever did that costume because it looked amazing). I also scared Chet out of his seat at some point because a Gnome was walking around (Sorry Chet).

NPC Shift:
Was a Spiderperson and put up webs. Watched some Ostfolk "burn" the webs. It was awesome. The only bad thing I have to say shift is it was freezing out just before feast.

Saturday (cont.):
Nearly missed feast. Ran around on main mod with Ostcliff trying to slay the spider queen of hearts. Finished off far too many infected humans. Nearly went into Critical. After main mod I became a vassal to Ostcliff and went off to bed.

"Nudist Sanctuary":
I promise you there is no actual nudity involved. This is just what my friends call this story. I was originally going to leave this off of my highlights but after enough pestering I gave in to peer pressure. While I was trying to go to sleep Saturday night and the barn was attacked by some undead. I tried to ignore it and hide in my sleeping bag so I could get some well earned sleep. After my dwarf friend bugs me for like a minute, I get up while still in my sleeping bag, walk over to the door, and block the doorway using Sanctuary. About 5 seconds into the sanctuary the sleeping bag drops and everyone comes to the realization that I'm in my unmentionables. After a quick hold to allow me to pull up my sleeping bag, we finish off the undead and we all go to sleep.

Sunday:
Learned some more Psionics and was told that I'm much better at brown nosing than being angry. I then totally didn't participate in a shady and quickly set up Elemental Fight Club just outside of the inn. I killed James while he was an NPC and then the event sadly had to end.

Bret H.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Dustiria (mytho2)
  • Cara Easton
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • I do not fear the dark. Only then can you see the stars.
  • Thank Yous: 324
10 Mar 2018 00:02 #24 by Cara Easton (Raeelle)
Replied by Cara Easton (Raeelle) on topic March Highlights (Spiderpeople everywhere!)
Thank you Tori for allowing me to have the opportunity to spend 2 weeks crying over making spider abdomen costumes and letting me making absurd butt jokes....

By the buttload

Alt : Laurel Astraeus

OOG: Rae L
Marshal
Card Staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Starling (starling), Dustiria (mytho2), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds