February 2019 Event Highlights!

• Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
11 Feb 2019 23:10 - 11 Feb 2019 23:12 #1 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
February 2019 Event Highlights! was created by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Friday night just after lay-on, I went to my car to finish getting dressed. On my way back to the Inn, there was already a voice thinking aloud in my head without me having to jumpstart it.

Conversation with Ergos, Damien, and Min goes splendidly. JymmeAnne made my night complimenting something Nalick told Min.

"It's like playing Chet but not being worried about what comes out of my mouth," I said.

For the first time in years, I thought about playing Nalick for the whole event. Thank you to Cassie and Ben Carlson for their help in character retooling--oh, and M. Night Shyamalan, too. How's that for a plot twist?

Nick Hertia. The dramatic tension but then giggle fits less than 12 hours later. Incredible. Thanks, buddy!

Mother Nature, 10/10, best atmosphere. Eva and Rachel, that whole scene was a delight from start to finish.

My compliments to the chef! Folks, saying the kitchen was under control in the lead-up to Feast, is an understatement. The fact that the only leftovers were a couple handfuls of rice and a smattering of broccoli? Astounding. Bravo, Byron!

Playing "KRds Against Travance" for Elias Ashby's birthday was a lot of fun. Thank you to Matt for the cards and Kadin for the cookies!

Varkleby returns! Welcome back, Michael.

Speaking of Michaels, it was a pleasant surprise seeing you Mr. Daly!

Speaking of pleasant surprises, Ava. That and the look on Zelretch's face. Oof.

Late night planning with Lois, Lira, Peaches, and friends. Can't wait.

See you all soon!

Last edit: 11 Feb 2019 23:12 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Ephrem (bamore62), Sir Reno Linsaria (HeartofGold), Ninnyhammer (Anna Collins), Byron Qua (byronqua)
  • Damien Marcain
  • Whatever it takes. No matter the cost. I will see justice done.
  • Thank Yous: 48
12 Feb 2019 09:14 #2 by Damien Marcain (Mike P.)
Replied by Damien Marcain (Mike P.) on topic February 2019 Event Highlights!
Friday night, Damien took his first death. Gotta say, it wasn't glorious, but the RP for it afterwards was amazing. Walking up to Min in the Inn, and just lightly tapping her on the shoulder as a ghost, causing Jymme to turn around, instantly break character for just a single moment, and shout "Oh, honey!" I nearly lost it. Congrats on your first resurrection, Min, you did a good job bringing me back!

Getting to use my philosophy minor to debate during the Save Our Souls mods! Although, I've been told I nearly scared one of the commoners into joining the Blazing Suns anyway... But I didn't... So it's fine.

The Commoner Rebellion will go down in my books as the funniest thing I've seen at KR to this point.
For those not privy to what happened:
The sound of cheering and marching came from outside the Inn. We had been told the Blazing Suns would be marching on us soon, so a few of us expected a fight as we left through the front doors. A group of commoners lead by a Blazing Sun soldier met us outside, and the soldier began to mock us. "See how they've seen the light?" he boasted, "The commonfolk of Travance have joined with us, the almighty Blazing Suns!" A short moment of silence as what he said sunk in (also, Peaches shouting he wanted to join them too and running over to their group). The commonfolk looked at each other, raised their various weapons, consisting of barrels, bar stools, and pitchforks, and proceeded to beat the Blazing Sun soldier to death, shouting "FOR TRAVANCE!" as they did it.

I had to sit down and just laugh after witnessing that, and Matt stopping to yell "OH YEAH, YOU ALL HAVE BANE NOW." somehow made it even funnier. God this whole event was just fantastic.

Private Damien has so much paperwork now thanks to Sunday! I felt like every NPC that left logistics was someone I had to arrest. Slavers, gladiators, kidnappers, I've never had to do my job as a guard so much in one day! I was glad to be able to toss the child-slavers into "Super Jail" as the wonderful Bill Hannings called it. Let the inquisition sort them out.

See you all in March!

~Damien Marcain
Vassal of Albriar
Archivist of the Order of the Sagewardens

(OOG: Mike Packi)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Ephrem
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Lux et lex, fiat iustitia.
  • Thank Yous: 364
14 Feb 2019 17:48 - 14 Feb 2019 17:50 #3 by Ephrem (bamore62)
Replied by Ephrem (bamore62) on topic February 2019 Event Highlights!
Feast was fabulous. Good food and the right amount according to the number of people there. Byron, thank you. And the gift for good luck for the new year was much appreciated, too.

The plot and the work that Matt and his team did was phenomenal. The depth of the NPCs really came through during the weekend. Most interactions with my PC involved Pontiff Michael and Johanna. I wish I could have done more with the other NPCs, but I heard that a good number of players had great RP with them; just hearing that makes it so worth it to be there for this event.

Thanks to PCs Victor, Annora, and Selby (and others - I offer apologies for not listing here) for working on gathering information and working out the details of the ritual. Seeing Ava really was a shock for Ephrem, who kinda' used to like her despite her Malycicity (is that a word?). Christine, I hope you had as much fun as I did of the brief encounter with my PC babbling; I know Drew got a kick out of it. :P

I maybe had just as much fun NPCing random Blazing Sun Valosians as I did playing my PC. Thank you marshals for a good Saturday morning shift.

My jaw dropped when I found out at the scholars' table on Friday night about the history of Pontiff Michael. I could not believe it. Ephrem having a backstory that was nearly identical was incredible. Only a few PCs ever heard Ephrem's story, but for this event it was a must to lay it out as public knowledge. I hope that the "Debate before Feast" was as entertaining to everyone as it was enjoyable to RP. I can't say that I wasn't nervous right before; I've been less nervous before main mod battles than before this battle of words. Saving Souls mod was such a good idea and added so much to the RP of the event.

I finally made it to one of Jed's liturgies. My PC would not normally do that, and as a player I sometimes regret that. Because of the plot, having the opportunity/excuse to go was great. Top notch part of the game; Judge, you do it well.

I might not make it to March (good things going on), so maybe see everyone for the alt event or maybe April.

Bryan A.

Father Ephrem
Primus of the Church of Light in Travance
the Heart of Valos

OOG: Bryan Amore
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 17:50 by Ephrem (bamore62). Reason: signing OoG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eden Heimdell (amalthea), Narcis (ChrisR), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
  • Annora
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • SKRAW!
  • Thank Yous: 316
14 Feb 2019 18:21 #4 by Annora (Karen)
Replied by Annora (Karen) on topic February 2019 Event Highlights!
I think my hand fell off Saturday evening from the amount of writing I did IG. WORTH IT.

First and foremost, research team. Knowing that there were people I could count on and we got. shit. done. Loved the amount of brainstorming and discussion bouncing around the table. Getting to work/rp with different people outside my usual circle was a treat: Victor, Selby, Mantel, even Min helping me assemble the ritual!

Mary. Just….Mary. I’m not giving up on her yet!
And nearly dying in her arms on main mod (thanks a lot Walter) >:D

Saturday morning meeting with Dr. Kristophsky.

I ACTUALLY GOT TO HELP WITH RITUAL PLANNING AND EXECUTION
"I learned how to draw circles from Aleister. If you have a problem with them I will headbutt you."
"Well, I guess it's a three jar of dirt ritual"

AG main mod planning meeting! I never actually get a. invited and b. listened to at these sorts of things, so that was a treat.

Teaming up with Midori to try to turn Mary on main mod. Kate <3

Aleister’s look of GLEE when told that the Suns allied themselves with Duke Balliol.

Stealing Fallow’s seat when he got up to kill Rione.
I regret he didn’t try to sit back down. Annora: “You want to be baron so badly? Then I’ll treat you like I do all the other nobility of Travance. No fuck off my seat!!"
(would have been a skeleton so fast :P )

We haven't seen the last of the Blazing Suns, and Annora isn't giving up on certain people just yet!

[hr]
OOG: Karen Y
Card Raptor
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.524 seconds