March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition

• Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
04 Mar 2019 14:00 - 04 Mar 2019 15:02 #1 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition was created by Terzak (TheArchMage)
This event is still a blur for me so I'll just give a real quick summary of the cool stuff.

-So many hugs. Like so many. Thank you all.
-Friday night shenanigans with Nalick
-So many pancakes!
-Getting Dark Whispered and absolutely annihilated by Kanas and Maria
-TOMETalk with Aleister and the Planes
-Gifts and War Actions with Wren
-Talk of "raising a battalion" with a whole lot of people.
-Raine being Raine.
-SAVING THE KIDS with Darkwood teachers.
-Immediately taking out Terz's kid saving frustration on some guard (and apparently accidentally taking off my cowl in a really badass way)
-Sentimental photo shoot with the Defranzas!
-Meeting Azwren and making a mental note to go help him later.
-Saturday shenanigans with Chet and co.!
-Feeling super hungry and then getting to eat an obnoxious amount of feast
-Having no idea what was going on at main mod and then really understanding what's going on as soon as we get there.
-Dirt naps. So many of em.
-Some guard comes back for revenge?!?! Classy move Jason!
-Coat conversations with Bloom.
-Darius in the ring.
-Moostrav in the ring.
-Terzak really wanting to get in the ring but being even more scared of Aguara.
-Resurrecting Jericho and Moostrav the fun way.
-THE BASEMENT BARDS, NOW WITH HIGH QUALITY WIND CHIME ACTION.
-[REDACTED] with [DATA EXPUNGED]
-The Sunspot Uppercut!

All in all, I loved the event and can't wait to see you all again!

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
Last edit: 04 Mar 2019 15:02 by Terzak (TheArchMage).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
  • Aleister
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 1504
04 Mar 2019 14:14 #2 by Aleister (Aleister)
Replied by Aleister (Aleister) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
For those who did,
Thanks for coming to my TOMETalk.
My next lesson will be co-taught with Bob on the topic of the perils of Magic-Adjacent powers.

Lord Admiral Aleister Demirosz, the Phoenix

-Steve Oros
Assistant Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Nalick (NalickDeMarche), Terzak (TheArchMage), Cara Easton (Raeelle), Khala Stormbringer (Jymme)
  • Lois Heimdell
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • "All good stories are built on conflict," said the Raven to the Writing Desk.
  • Thank Yous: 1026
04 Mar 2019 18:44 #3 by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Replied by Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
Thank you to everyone who checked up on me, got things for me, and otherwise made sure I didn't pass out from pain or need to push myself too hard. Jack and Herman carried things for me, Ben K. moved my car when I knew I wouldn't be able to limp back from the far lot, Sam ran all the way back out to the lot to get my special little cushion so I didn't die on my shift - I am so grateful for all the little things people did throughout the weekend that made it so I could enjoy the event without worry.

Christine did such a great job! I didn't get to really interact with the plot for various reasons, but from the marshal side? She killed it! Everything ran so smoothly. And even though I wasn't involved, I still knew what was going on - always great when the plot info is put out so well that even someone who is avoiding it knows what's happening :)

OH GOD I'M A LADY NOW, WHAT HAVE I DONE?! <3 Much love to James and Steve as we worked out how this was going to go over the last few months. The whole arrangement got changed quite a bit from what it was intended to be at the beginning, but I'm really pleased with this and I hope I can continue to help out the game & players in this new way. Also Albriar is purple, and who doesn't like purple? :3

Belegchand Han Solo'd Lois :p "I love you" "I know". But then he proposed to her, so I guess that makes up for it :-D

Algrave's class continues to be an enjoyable way to look at the lore of the Knight Realms world from a different point of view - and all the fancy tea people keep bringing certainly doesn't hurt ;-) I need to get some of that macaron tea that Jenn brought for myself!

PRAISE AGUARA! I almost didn't go down to the field, but "sorry, I hurt too much" isn't really a good excuse when you worship the goddess of pain :p Thank you to Jack for coming up with the idea, and thank you to Steve & Alice (who had to wear that costume in the freezing cold!) for making it something truly special. And thanks to Joey, who used Hystern to play stand-in Lois so she could "fight" when Cassie couldn't. :)

When I came in Friday night, the first person Lois got to interact with was Wulfgar, and what a pleasant time that was ^_^ Great to see you back, Erik!

Tandem Revive with Solitaire!

All the time spent with Reyna.

"Noun-adjacent" is now my favorite way of referring to anything whatsoever.

MEETING NOTES!

The nobles' meeting was probably one of the most pleasant and productive ones I've ever been to, ever.

As usual, I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of stuff and people. I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

----

----
((OOG: Cassie Stanley, Marshal Deputy))
  • Darius Redmaw
  • How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win - GK Chesterton
  • Thank Yous: 81
04 Mar 2019 22:43 #4 by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Replied by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
I had so much fun at this event!

Christine and her team ran an amazing weekend for us. I was especially happy when I learned the mechanics of the new player mod and the rewards of their ritual. Fighting during main mod trying to keep new players alive so they could save people from the whispers was so fun I forgot to fight the boss!

Fulfilling a personal goal and finally running the Feast of Blades! My thanks to everyone who came. I also want to thank Sam for letting the new players know about it during new player training and everyone else who spread the news by word of mouth at the event.

Training Cailen in Gladiator. It’s a rare moment these days that I get to teach skills, which is unfortunate since it’s one of my favorite things to do at game. Thank you to Maria, Kanas, Ulfbjorn, and everyone else who assisted me.

And finally, the big one. I’m still bouncing off the walls over the fact that my character’s god came for him. Thanks to Steve for throwing that particular curveball at me, and thank you Alice for portraying the beautiful and deadly Agaura! That was one of the single best experiences I have had since I first brought Darius into this game, and it will impact that character’s path for years to come. Also, a big shoutout to Eva for delivering that news in the most nonchalant way possible.

The two on one fight against Peaches and Moostrav was incredible. I hope it looked as awesome as it felt! Thanks RJ and Jake for stepping up and making that happen.

Taking my first death. I had always hoped it would be epic, but it was made all the better by catapulting a student into the spotlight. Eric, your RP as Cailen in that fight was some of the best I have ever seen, and I am looking forward to seeing where your character goes from here.

Thank you to Christine, Tim, Nick, Connor, Alisia, Karen, and everyone else involved in this plot! It was fantastic and I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.

Darius Red-Maw
Champion of Agaura

alt Thaddeus Black
"Plain, simple Thaddeus"

OOG Jack Coyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Ephrem (bamore62)
  • Darius Redmaw
  • How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win - GK Chesterton
  • Thank Yous: 81
04 Mar 2019 22:47 #5 by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
Replied by Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
Quotes of the event:

“So...... Agaura is waiting for you at the barracks field” - Adertha, full deadpan

“Yeah, you should get killed in front of your god more often” - Alice, on my reaction to my death chart roll

Darius Red-Maw
Champion of Agaura

alt Thaddeus Black
"Plain, simple Thaddeus"

OOG Jack Coyle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR)
04 Mar 2019 23:47 #6 by Jenn Cutter (Jenn)
Replied by Jenn Cutter (Jenn) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
So much love to Christine and those who supported her in making this amazing event happen.

I loved how there was something for everyone in this plot. Fun fight-y mods, rituals, experimental crafting, etc.

Personally, for me my highlight plotwise was getting off my NPC shift and then immediately hearing "Selby we need you. There's a poison we need to stop." Amazing RP with Jackdaw, Angeliana, Elias, Trukkos, and Ebony; as well as anyone else who I am missing or who walked by and got concerned by us injecting Jackdaw with the Aether poison. Thanks Alicia for marshaling that super fun scene.

I really loved spending all of Saturday catching people up on the plot and doing inoculations with Raine, Trukkos, and Jackdaw. As well as continuing to experiment on the inoculation with Jackdaw.

Mars did amazing as Bloom and was so much fun to interact with.

James killed it again in Magic Class as Professor Algraves. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that lecture.

Finally, great late night talk with Bishop. Looking forward to getting to know him more.

Dr. Selby Wainwright
Viceroy of Albriar
Quartermaster of the Blood Spirits Mercenary Company
Acting Guildmaster of the Travancian Crafters Guild

OOG Jenn Cutter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Angeliana (Angeliana), Ephrem (bamore62)
05 Mar 2019 11:07 - 05 Mar 2019 11:10 #7 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood)
Replied by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
I need to tell you that everyone was amazing.

I thought it was super sweet everyone kept giving Bloom advice on how to help Renior after he was cured because people in Travance have had so many bad things happen to them they just prepped her with a bunch of knowledge to help him over time instead of try and bombard him with stuff right away. It was clear Bloom had the skill but not the tools and a lot of folks gave her what she needed.

Shout out to rezz crew after main mod and everyone who dealt with me pretending I had no idea how to read the scholar notes!

I don't know where else to start with writing all the highlights for all the players so just know that, if we talked (and even some who we never did but I saw at a distance), were an absolute delight to watch and interact with. Top RP game. Thank you!

OOG:
Marcella Torres
Land System Deputy
New Player Marshal
Last edit: 05 Mar 2019 11:10 by Ilana Darkwood (Ilana_Darkwood).
05 Mar 2019 16:27 #8 by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon)
Replied by Reyna Del Dragon (reynadeldragon) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
Gonna keep this short. Christine ran an amazing event!!

Every interaction with Bloom was so fun and innocent.

Fang off with Adrianna.

Killing and attempting to save Myr. Reyna’s now cured two people of lycanthropy.

Watching Lois become Lady Heimdell of Albriar. I couldn’t be more proud!

Getting to witness Belegchand propose to Lois and all of the talks that followed.

I cannot wait for the alt event and April!

Reyna Del Dragon Reign
Squire to Lady Lois Heimdell of Albriar
Master Witch Hunter
Robin of the Winged Victory
Daughter to the late Argyle Del Dragon Reign

OOG: Carter Sneeringer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Darius Redmaw (jackcoyle27)
  • Nalick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In the place where everything changes, but nothing ever does.
  • Thank Yous: 1440
05 Mar 2019 18:59 #9 by Nalick (NalickDeMarche)
Replied by Nalick (NalickDeMarche) on topic March 2019 Highlights, "The Most Dangerous Recap" Edition
Arradir's evolving facial expressions when he figured something was amiss, and then the 'Mind Probe' call. It's always a treat RPing with ya, Joey. Speaking of, having either awful or amazing timing Saturday night when telling him who made an appearance in the bar.

Mike P. with the narrative flavor as Azwren. I know it was only a demonstration of fire magic not quite working well, but little details like that go a long way.

Saturday afternoon, Magnus picking up a mace off the snow and slamming Nick's cured human back into the ground 30 seconds after he popped out of the Phokus. Diving over and shoving my shield over Nick's head right as Matt swung for the Killing Blow was some great RP and imagery.

WHIMSY! It all started with a snowball Magnus chucked at Nalick. He missed, but when I turned around to return fire, other people started to join in. Then we had at least 20 people in a free-for-all.

Cards Against Travance late night in the Inn. I laughed even harder than the last time I got to play.

"I'm Joan Richwoman and I would like one of your alcohols, please."

I don't remember how many times I had to go OOG from being unable to stifle my laughter. Cassie H. and KC, y'all done gave me the cabbage-itis.

Blaze, thank you again for that short but powerful scene. I appreciate the effort you put in your RP so much, even if people only see the goofy side.

Jason T., props for making Chet feel like a proper bartender! Also, the round-robin between you, Anna, and me was great. I can't wait for more.

It feels like forever since I RPed with Moostrav, but 10/10, would play "shuffleboard" again in a heartbeat.

Mars as 'Bloom' at Feast, antsy because of the wait to go get our food, telling all of us that it'd been 30 years since she'd eaten food and the whole table's reaction.

Glove forensics with Cara. Chet certainly found that fascinating and it opened new avenues for interaction in the future. Thanks, Rachael!

Getting inspired in-character and wondering if bringing Feast leftovers out of the fridge when the town returned from the big fight would be a good idea. Rolling out the trolley to smiles and cheers, followed by people lining up to eat it. That felt amazing and gave me ideas for future events. Thank you to Byron for donating the trolley!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Narcis (ChrisR), Cobus Puren (Jason T.)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds