all ears

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
02 Sep 2008 16:31 #1 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
all ears was created by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
I know some folks routinely need to replace elf ears, ear tips, or need some make-up stuff.  I was able to pick-up a few extra ear tips in case anyone needed them.  Let me know if you need and I'll save you a pair.  I have a very limited supply, so try to let me know via this thread and it'll be first post, first served.

James... I have make-up for you, so be aware.  It's the large bottles of Mehron make-up www.mehron.com/product_p/111.htm .  Let me know if it's ok, or should I try for the Ben Nye (which I hear is better, but the place I goto doesn't have it in large size).

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
02 Sep 2008 21:54 #2 by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie)
Replied by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie) on topic all ears
I could use a pair

Alex T.
Rules Marshal
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Sep 2008 22:25 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic all ears
It has been my experience that Ben Nye in general covers better than Mehron, and the Ben Nye Foundation series covers best of all.  Mehron isn't bad, but with Ben Nye Foundation Black, it's a snap to get coverage.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
02 Sep 2008 22:29 #4 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic all ears
The other recommendation I should make is if you get a chance, visit the NY Ren Faire and get a set of ears painted to match your skin tone.  If you take decent care of  your ears, they'll be a worthwhile investment, and even a simple paint job will look leagues better than latex white against a summer tan.  (I'm guilty of this myself, I just got a painted set for last event and they look SO much better.)

The ear vendor is near the back by the chess board, and the contact juggling tent / cart.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
02 Sep 2008 22:36 #5 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic all ears
I just downloaded the Ben Nye catalog.  I maybe able to order large palette versions or bottles of make-up, but there are no prices listed.  In any event, I'll see about printing up a color version of the catalog and bringing it in.  I just got the Mehron because it was available, decent, and the bottles are huge and should last for a long while.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
02 Sep 2008 22:41 #6 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic all ears

The other recommendation I should make is if you get a chance, visit the NY Ren Faire and get a set of ears painted to match your skin tone.  If you take decent care of  your ears, they'll be a worthwhile investment, and even a simple paint job will look leagues better than latex white against a summer tan.  (I'm guilty of this myself, I just got a painted set for last event and they look SO much better.)

The ear vendor is near the back by the chess board, and the contact juggling tent / cart.

This is most definitely what I did a few weeks ago. I'm so happy to have real people colored ears instead of white latexy looking ones.

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
02 Sep 2008 22:50 #7 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic all ears
...but vampires DO have pale white skin

:P

--Skimmel

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Kleidin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 152
03 Sep 2008 17:47 #8 by Kleidin (Kleidin)
Replied by Kleidin (Kleidin) on topic all ears
Lucky for me, I am pasty white, so the ears match me pretty well. ;D

Lady Kleidin du Tenkukai Weaveforger Laurent-Belmont of Kaladonia
Master Witch Hunter, and Elder Druid
OOG: Diane Sodher
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.588 seconds