Selling Armor and Helmet

17 Sep 2008 06:22 #1 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Selling Armor and Helmet was created by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Hello. I've recently come on some hard times. Mostly medically related. I don't want to make this a sob story but I did want to say that much. I don't really want to sell this armor and helmet but my options are few. So take a look. If you want more images you can send me a PM and I'll send them out.

Anyhow first up we have a Roman style Barrel Cuirass in saddle grade cuir boil leather. Shoulders are articulated so high blocks aren't hindered. Armor has been approved for up to SCA Munitions level fighting. Excellent shape with only minor surface scratches. I'm 6' even and 220 pounds and the armor fit me well but with plenty of belt room to spare. This would likely fit someone as tall as 6'3" and someone up to 260 without too much the hassle.

Secondly we have this helmet. It's got several configurations since it's all assembled with "Quick Screws" The lames can be removed to have 1-2-3 the shield can be removed, or everything can be removed to just have a spranghelm. So that's 8 different looks for one helmet how can you go wrong? Lames and shield are all fully articulated so the helmet is comfortable and will move with you while still providing good protection from errant head blows. It's made for a large say 7 3/8ths but it has no suspension in it so with padding or with some sort of belt suspension it could be made to fit anyone smaller. I apologize that the only Image I have at the moment is of me wearing it. I'll try to get up more if info requests are made.

Thank you for looking. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
17 Sep 2008 10:41 #2 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
Any way that you could get pictures of these items?

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
17 Sep 2008 18:43 #3 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Replied by exturkconner (exturkconner) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
You mean "more" pictures right? I did include images and I did a preview they appeared to be functioning correctly for me. I sent you a PM If you do infact want more pictures of the armor I have several and anyone can contact to have them sent. The helmet I only have the one image currently. I can do more if someone makes a specific request on what they want to see IE if they want to see it stripped with all the quick screws.

Also wanted to note that if anyone buys both I'll toss in a Latex short sword. I have no pictures and given that it's a freebie I can't really see snapping them.

Thanks for looking.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Sep 2008 18:54 #4 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Sorry. Work blocks most image hosting sites. Thought it was blank.

(Tom Senger )
  • Jarons20
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 1
17 Sep 2008 23:46 #5 by Jarons20 (Jarons20)
Replied by Jarons20 (Jarons20) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
Are the Paldrons available separately?
Price?
Availability for pickup/shipping?

OOG - Jason Arons
18 Sep 2008 00:48 #6 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
The spaulders,knee cops,and bracers are not actively for sale. That's not to say it would be impossible to deal for them, but I'd have to do well. You'd have to make me the offer and I'd let you know. Those are items that a friend made before his business went under. They wernt of his standard stock and they have sentimental value to me. The Barrel armor was his aswell but it was an item he offered to anyone.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
18 Sep 2008 23:31 - 18 Sep 2008 23:33 #7 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
More helmet images.

Heres the helmet all take apart you can see the lames,the shield,the helm,and the quick screws.

Front

The helmet isn't really as textured as it looks in the images. The flash really seems to bring the "leather" look out.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
Last edit: 18 Sep 2008 23:33 by .
21 Sep 2008 23:41 #8 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Helmets sale is pending. Perphaps the short sword aswell. Armor still for sale asking price of 250 or best offer.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
23 Sep 2008 11:26 #9 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
Short sword?

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
26 Sep 2008 22:45 #10 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Latex short sword as I said is on the table as part of another deal. It's yet to go through. If that deal doesn't I'll get photos up. I also have a pair of Schmittenger armories classic greaves in green and black. If those do not go through on the deal those pics will be up aswell.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
03 Oct 2008 01:21 - 03 Oct 2008 01:29 #11 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Armor and sword still remain my only sale thus far was on the helmet. Here are some images of my Schmittenger classic greaves (Thats greaves and knee cops the two pieces make up there classic unit) and the latex short sword.

Greaves are brand new and never worn save to fit them. The retail on Schmittengers site is 165 and if I recall correctly there was a ten dollar charge for having the two parts diffrent colors. so 175. Asking 90. Still like to see 250 or best offer on the armor it was made by Gryphon works. Therions Arms and Armor called him the premier leatherer in North America five or so years back but since then he has dissapeared. Really nice high quality armor that was customized for me in several ways (Heavier leather stock,the buckle system on the sides(His standard armor was for LARPs and used lace up sides. I wanted legit combat armor so he extended the sides and made the bindings to enclose them),and the jet black color).

If anyone is intrested in purchasing everything the same deal as before. Buy both other items and the sword will be a toss in.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
Last edit: 03 Oct 2008 01:29 by .
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
03 Oct 2008 08:38 #12 by Quin (Quin)
Replied by Quin (Quin) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
If, perchance, someone just wanted to buy the sword....how much would that be?

Eh eh?  :D

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
  • Doug E
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 5
03 Oct 2008 12:27 #13 by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton)
Replied by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
how much for the oven?

OOG: Doug E
Storyteller/Rules Marshal
03 Oct 2008 16:17 - 03 Oct 2008 16:25 #14 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
That's a top of the line (2.5 years go) Kenmore cooktop and large capacity oven. Lil pricey and not for sale but thanks anyhow.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
Last edit: 03 Oct 2008 16:25 by .
  • Doug E
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 5
03 Oct 2008 16:23 #15 by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton)
Replied by Doug E (Dougal Mcmutton) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
Oh sorry, I got a little confused there.

OOG: Doug E
Storyteller/Rules Marshal
03 Oct 2008 16:27 #16 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Right.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
05 Oct 2008 00:14 #17 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Selling Armor and Helmet
As a suggestion, have you considered eBay?  Its often hard to sell items like this on the KR forums unless they are very unique or inexpensive.  When buying armor, most people look for something very specific for themselves or their character, or something cheap they can use for anything, also the limited audience here is further limited by the fact that we have a diverse population, and I know that at least half of our group would not be able to wear the items in question due to differences in size.

I only say something as I've noticed you've had these up for awhile.

Best of luck.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
05 Oct 2008 21:43 #18 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
There are issues selling items anywhere. The prblem selling on ebay is that there is alot of inferior armor sold as high quality. Given the lower prices of the cheap stuff it's hard to catch the eye of consumers with better quality stuff that has some cost to it. There are certainly other venues I could try, but given that this is free and that I'd be helping someone else, get into some nice armor for cheap,who shares a common intrest it seemed a fine idea. Thanks for the suggestion all the same.

Louis A. Cunningham III

Louis A. Cunningham III
17 Apr 2009 07:56 - 17 Apr 2009 07:58 #19 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Most of the health issues were ressolved. My mother had to have a subdermal spinal pain pump implanted. The results were...well...what they were I suppose is the best way to put it. I haven't been actively looking to sell anything in awhile. I have since however met a lovely young lady who has my attentions. I plan to marry the lil thing if she'll have me. So the armors price is dropped to $200 and the greaves to $80. Same deal take them both and the sword is free. Let's call it my..."purchasing a ring sale". Thank ya kindly anyone who looks and all the more kindly to anyone who might purchase. This is for a limited time I'm affraid as I am going to be buying a home for my parents and moving myself to Florida. So act now or miss out.

Louis A. Cunningham III
Last edit: 17 Apr 2009 07:58 by .
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Apr 2009 08:00 #20 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
I purchased said helmet if some remember the days I showed it off, and was very happy with it. The condition of it was stellar, and everything in the transaction went smoothly.

(Tom Senger )
17 Apr 2009 09:37 #21 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Ty kindly for the posative endorsement it was a pleasure doing business with you. I was glad we were able to work things out so you were able to get it to you in the proper time frame.

Louis A. Cunningham III
20 May 2009 14:06 #22 by exturkconner (exturkconner)
Armor drops to 180, greaves drop to 70. Same deal if you buy the pair free latex short sword in the mix.

Louis A. Cunningham III
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.634 seconds