Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work

• Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Half of an analysis....is anal.
  • Thank Yous: 0
22 Jun 2009 07:43 - 22 Jun 2009 07:47 #1 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work was created by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Here's a photobucket with a variety of items recently made and sold. There's a ton of options, from dye color, to thickness of leather, to metal plate add-ons, mounts, conchos, and metal type (silver/chrome color, pewter, brass and bronze), stitched add-on layers, bordering. I specialize in warbelts with elaborate add-ons and although I can work with any theme, I do especially good viking/celtic work.

Items are not limited to but certainly include Cuirass (back and breastplates and shoulder strapping), armguards, greaves, ring belts and warbelts, sword frogs, baldrics, wrist cuffs and helms. I can also do pouches and other belt hangers (mug holds, etc).

My Aim is mc1csmo if you want to chat about ideas, options and prices. I'm hoping to join Knight Realms so I will also see you there I'm sure. My email is if you want to contact me directly too.

s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/

OOG name: Mitch
Master Runesmith of Pendarvin

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
Last edit: 22 Jun 2009 07:47 by .
  • Seamstress
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Sew much fabric, sew little time
  • Thank Yous: 1
22 Jun 2009 16:06 #2 by Seamstress (Seamstress)
Replied by Seamstress (Seamstress) on topic Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work
Really nice!  Do you make buttons or cloak clasps?

OOG ~ Tina S ~ aka Seamstress
Primary Location 42°42' N, 75°11' W
Preferred Location 18°22'N, 78°14'W
  • Quin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Captain Cupcake
  • Thank Yous: 15
22 Jun 2009 18:13 #3 by Quin (Quin)
A+ buttons

also that other stuff is nice.

Quin K.
It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to believe in it, one must work for it.

Emily (MM/RPM)
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 Jun 2009 18:50 #4 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work
Thanks! I do not make buttons or cloak clasps. I've made leather buttons for some armor outfits but they were for a custom job with some stamping and such that fit an elaborate kit. Otherwise, no, I've not really done any of that.

Don't let the grey hair fool you...wait scratch that...DO let the grey hair fool you.
_____
I make leather armor and various items for sca, larps and dagorhir. Here's my photobucket: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Jul 2009 21:18 - 10 Aug 2009 17:51 #5 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Replied by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC) on topic Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work

_____
Last edit: 10 Aug 2009 17:51 by .
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Aug 2009 17:50 #6 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
I'll be bringing a few things to the August event for sale/trade.  I have a pair of bracers, possibly a pouch and a few Gorgets. I'd also be happy to show some of the other items I've recently made for my kit as examples of work, or you can check out my photobucket. Find me at Market Faire or any other time throughout the event and I'd be happy to discuss what you would like made, etc.

Cheers!

Mitch

_____
10 Aug 2009 18:35 #7 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work
Would Gorgets count as armor, and if so any armor points? Just wondering about it. Depending on how they look, I might get one of them from you, just not this event I think.

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Aug 2009 21:30 #8 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Ok, I've been craming on the smithing rules, but as a player, so don't take anything I say as a marshal or anything lol. But....here's the link: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...ew&id=163&Itemid=109

Yes, a gorget counts as neck armor, as long as it has sufficient coverage of the location, as per the rules in the link above. It all depends on if you want leather, metal, or plate. The ones I will be making and have made are leather, but my personal one is built as a combo, leather base, but metal additions, so it should count as 'metal' for AP purposes. I don't make full plate gorget's as I've no furnace and forge in the real world, but I could direct you to several very good armor makers who can make very nice ones....for a price.

If you are interested in a Gorget, I would be happy to make a custome one for you Amborse that fits your Barbarian persona. It'll either be fully leather with some tooling and carving (Badger??) or with some metal plate additions to bump you up to the next higher AP class. Either way, and certainly subject to marshal evaluation and approval, it will provide some armor benefits :)

Ciya at the event!

MC

_____
10 Aug 2009 22:59 #9 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work
Haha I like the badger idea! ;) But as of now I am good for a while, we will talk about the Baldric, on the September event when I get the Baldric I will discuss a custom Gorget, but I think I would already know a basic layout of what I would want, I liked how you made those very nice Bracers with the metal underneath, but I don't know if it's possible but instead of a gold color would you be able to do silver? Just a quick thought, and you could carve a badger in the leather.  :P hahaha

Thank you,

Cody

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Aug 2009 00:24 #10 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Yes indeed I could do silver with steel/aluminum as the base metal instead of brass. And a badger cut-out, absolutely. I would ask you to supply me with something you like though, as a basic diagram to use. I've done crosses, chaos symbols, pegasus, griffons, dragons, celtic knotwork and one fella even asked me to do a bunny lol. I'll be happy to discuss off-board though further details.

Cheers,

Mitch

_____
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Aug 2009 13:53 #11 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Viking Spangenhelm design I just completed for someone: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/Helms/

_____
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
28 Aug 2009 10:56 #12 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Taking orders for anything people are interested in getting made for next event. If you'd like something made, I've an opening in my work que to get a few things done by then, but I'll need the lead time to insure completion. Send me an email asap to and I'll go over what custom design you want and costs. Things I'm working on completing for next event:

1) Warbelt, 2 Gorgets (2 different styles), all ready for custom modification. Cut-out blanks waiting for muse.
2) Already completed a basic pair of armguards/vambraces (as seen here: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csm...ent=BracerDkBrn5.jpg ) in antique brass with brass buckles, and a spiral border. Look me up if you want these
3) I'm working on a new cut-out design for a helm, but if you are interested in helms made from leather with metal add-ons, let me know asap.
4) Pouches. I've at least one that is up for grabs. Dimensions are roughly 5x8x2 (widthxheightxdepth)
5) Any other items anyone is in need of for next event, greaves, sword/axe frogs, baldrics (holds your sword on the back, many design options), Full Cuirass (breast and back plate), spaulders, elaborate warbelts, belt-hanging water bottle holders, etc.

Cheers,

MC

_____
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
28 Aug 2009 16:58 #13 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work
If you will be at the social, we can talk about the pouch to hold potions.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
24 Sep 2009 14:34 #14 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
I've still got a few jobs in my current que, but I'd be happy to discuss any new armor and/or accessory needs before or at the upcoming events. Here's a new pouch I just completed: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csmo/Pouch%20Designs/

A basic set of leather spaulders: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csm...=SpauldersBlack1.jpg

And I'm redoing most of my current kit (again) so alot of those items are for sale (not cheap!). See them here: s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/mc1csm...%20Kit%20for%20Sale/

Ciya IG and OOG!

MC

_____
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
24 Sep 2009 23:07 #15 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic Leather armor and accessories - all kinds of custom work
Mitch, have you ever done gauntlets?

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
  • Thorgrim Ironfeld
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
25 Sep 2009 00:58 #16 by Thorgrim Ironfeld (MitchC)
Clamshell and half gauntlets, SCA style yes. Not the soft kind if thats what you mean. The armored variety, yep. Shoot me an email or pm and we can discuss :)

_____
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.549 seconds