Vendors at Knight Realms

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
23 Jun 2009 19:55 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Vendors at Knight Realms was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
(Copied from the Policies & Staements part of the Online Rulebook)

Knight Realms is a community, both In-Game and Out-Of-Game, and also involves a lot of good in the forms of props, garb, food, physical representaitons (Phys-Reps), and so on.  Because of this, people selling good Out-Of-Game at an event is only natural, and if done right, can add to the atmosphere of the game, especially at the Market Faire, which is held at noon on the Saturday of each event.

The following rules apply to anyone who wants to sell Out-Of-Game goods at Knight Realms, wether they be a regular PC selling some home made props, or a professional business with a large collection of goods for sale.
  • A vendor is welcome to attend and sell their wares, as long as they do not disrupt the game.  To this end, a vendor may choose to PC as normal, or choose to NPC, paying the appropriate fee at registration to the Director, and should dress appropriately (in costume for the game).  NPCs will be assigned a basic Commoner NPC card to use while In-Game (4 Body human, Trade: Merchant, Small Weapon or 1HE/B or Staff).  Vendors are welcome to attend the feast, along with the players.
  • The vendor, and any help, must attempt to be In-Game as much as possible, and at all times when interacting with other players, including sales.
  • Out-Of-Game items and transportation should be kept to a minimum, disguised, or out of sight, to prevent disrupting atmosphere.  (i.e. - please keep your cell phone, cash box, or credit card machine discrete.  If you need to unload a vehicle, please do so quickly and remove it from the area.)
  • A vendor may have one table in the Inn to use during Market Fair, along with any racks or additional displays they provide themselves, within reason.  Any displays and wares should be removed from the Inn no later than 5:00 PM on Saturday, to allow for the feast to be set up.  A cabin or self-provided structure may be set up outside the Inn if the merchant wishes, in accordance with the normal cleanup rules for the game (i.e. - Cleaning up your own space when you are done).
  • Vendors are responsible for their own security, safety, and transporting of goods.  While you can ask someone to watch your wares for you while you step away, or to help carry items to your table, Knight Realms holds no responsibility for your belongings, personal or otherwise.
  • Wares sold are Out-Of-Game only, unless the vendor is also playing a PC, in which case the normal rules for selling items IG should be followed.
  • Wares sold by vendors should be in accordance with the policies of Knight Realms, and the general theme and atmosphere (i.e. - Fantasy art is fine, Harley / Biker gear is not, nor is adult artwork or live weapons).

Vendors who fail to comply with these guidelines, or who are excessively disruptive to the atmosphere of the game, may be removed, or asked not to return, by the Director.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
15 Sep 2009 21:19 #2 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Vendors at Knight Realms
So , The way I read this, Ded Dawg can sell Turkish coffee for drinking , Ibriks and Turkish coffees to others for their own use with OOG funds if the aforementioned items enhance the flavor of the Game. So,Do they?

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
15 Sep 2009 23:38 #3 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Vendors at Knight Realms
I'd say yes, that's not an issue.  Selling Turkish coffee is not an issue, where selling a double shot mocha latte with whipped cream on your FarBucks Brand Expresso & Fapuchino Maker in the middle of the Inn would be an issue. ;)

You may also want to check this thread - www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...temid=199&topic=20.0 - which covers what can be sold IG, vs. OOG.  (Basically, you can't sell something more than $10 in value In-Game, or else becomes a way to buy large quantities In-Game coin with large sums Out-Of-Game money.)

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
16 Sep 2009 06:27 #4 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Vendors at Knight Realms
Thanks for the clarification.  The most expensive item might be about $15.

I don't have a handle on the monetary system yet. and have absolutely no IG coin. But I know I certainly can't bring any KanaraK coin into KR

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
16 Sep 2009 08:47 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Vendors at Knight Realms
No more Farbucks!

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds