I'm looking for a Weapon / Kilt / Ears / etc. (Links!)

• GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
11 Aug 2009 10:28 - 03 Dec 2009 19:53 #1 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
I'm looking for a Weapon / Kilt / Ears / etc. (Links!) was created by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
If you're new to the game, and wondering where the heck to get some of this stuff, this is a quick and dirty guideline to acquiring some of the more common costume bits for your new PC.

Your first resource should be the Web Links part of the site, from the bottom of the menu on the left.  It has a HUGE listing of various sites, from the common to the uncommon, as well as quick reviews of each.  If it's not on this list in this post, you can probably find it in the Web Links, and you may even find some stuff you didn't know existed in there as well!

This post focuses on the beginning player - it would be pointless to list everything that's already listed int the Web Links.  If you are looking for more advanced, authentic, or expensive gear (i.e. - authentic Scottish wool kilts, as opposed to acrylic factory-made ones from China), please check the Web Links.

Latex Weapons:  This is always a big one.  Common vendors we deal with and recommend include:

Knighthawk Armory - www.latex-weaponry.com - Fast, FRIENDLY service, and a wide variety of weapons.  They carry Boffer Arrows, too!

Calimacil - www.calimacil.com - Gorgeous heavy-duty weapons.

Ateliers-Nemesis - www.ateliers-nemesis.com - Based in Canada, they make gorgeous weapons, as well as masks, prosthetics, and other costume stuff.

Bows:

Bowstick Archery - www.bowstick.com - They have some finished bows, as well as unfinished ones to save money.  A good hickory bow with a 20# draw can be had for under $100.  LARP-safe arrows can be gotten from Knighthawk Armory - www.latex-weaponry.com - under Iron Fortress.

Crossbows:

Hollow Earth Sword Works - www.hollowearthswordworks.com/crossbows.htm - Currently, the only retailer of LARP-weight crossbows known to us.  a 20# pull Crossbow is legal for Knight Realms.

If you can find them on eBay, the old Arrow Kaster crossbows from the UK are also acceptable, but have not been made in some time.

Bolts can be gotten from Knighthawk Armory - www.latex-weaponry.com - under Iron Fortress.

Kilts:

Sport Kilts - www.sportkilt.com - Basic kilts starting at $50

Stillwater Kilts - www.stillwaterkilts.com - Basic kilts starting at $30

Elf Ears:

Aradani Costumes - www.aradanicostumes.com - The director recommends "D" ears for High and Sylvan elves.

Party City is also a good stop for ears, as well as other basic prosthetics and makeup (including Spirit Gum).  Even when it's not Halloween, they usually have some in stock for costume parties.  Your local store should have some available, or can get them in.

Kitierian & Jax accessories:

Both cat races require ears, Jaxes require masks as well.  Lyonshel is the de facto standard in cat masks for LARPs, and has recently been purchased by NorthFur FX:

www.northfur.ca/shop/

They also sell the ear tips for both races, as well as tails and other cat costuming bits, and other masks and makeup as well.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Last edit: 03 Dec 2009 19:53 by .
  • Erim Walker
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I love Travance. There are shirtless men EVERYWHER
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 Aug 2009 10:40 #2 by Erim Walker (shiva14b)
Replied by Erim Walker (shiva14b) on topic I'm looking for a Weapon / Kilt / Ears / etc. (Links!)

Calimacil - www.calimacil.com - Gorgeous heavy-duty weapons.

If you plan on ordering a Calimacil, please do not forget to PM me first for info on how to claim the KR discount

(Not a sales pitch, just adding need-to-know info)

"Ok we can attack... but if we miss, we'll hit the villagers."
"I'm willing to take that chance!"

Things I am no longer allowed to do in an RPG :
31. The backup trap handler is not whoever has the most HP at the time.
73. Not allowed to name my cudgel Ceremonial Whoopass Stick.
74. My thief's battle cry is not "Run And Live"

[OOG Jenna
11 Aug 2009 21:22 - 30 Apr 2010 21:37 #3 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic I'm looking for a Weapon / Kilt / Ears / etc. (Links!)
DO NOT Forget the venerable Goodwill, Salvation Army and other thrift store of the same ilk.

Many times one can find very passable tunic tops in all colors for just $2 or $3 , Pants can easily be the darker medical scrubs again for few dollars

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
Last edit: 30 Apr 2010 21:37 by .
  • Terzak
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Tell me, thief, do you know anything about MAGIC?
  • Thank Yous: 154
30 Sep 2013 20:47 #4 by Terzak (TheArchMage)
Replied by Terzak (TheArchMage) on topic I'm looking for a Weapon / Kilt / Ears / etc. (Links!)
Spell Packetry

www.bradleypackets.com The packets are firm but not painful. The sell in bulk at a rate of 2 packets per dollar plus shipping sometimes/

By my hand,
Professor Terzak Winstonshire

OOG: Will Harrington
  • JTinney
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lad... Never hit if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting.... But if ye have to hit, never hit soft
  • Thank Yous: 537
25 Jun 2014 08:48 - 25 Jun 2014 08:49 #5 by JTinney (Swordsaint)
Replied by JTinney (Swordsaint) on topic I'm looking for a Weapon / Kilt / Ears / etc. (Links!)
Kilt and accessories

USA Kilts link here

Located in Spring City, Pa. Wonderful selection and a local business. Very nice folk and understanding of a Larper's needs.

Father Duncan MacKenzie

Templar-High Priest of Brazen
Chaplain, Bloodspirits Mercenary Company

Janos Beecham (alt)
Dragoon of No Importance

John Tinney
Safety Marshal/ EMT
Last edit: 25 Jun 2014 08:49 by JTinney (Swordsaint).
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds