Garb Lending?

• Onca
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 202
17 Nov 2009 01:03 - 17 Nov 2009 01:05 #1 by Onca (Lorelai)
Garb Lending? was created by Onca (Lorelai)
Hey all, I just attended the ball last weekend and was reminded of how woefully empty my closet out here is, in terms of costuming. I moved here last Jan. with only what I could afford to ship from Oregon and now I'm looking at being somewhat on the outs for costuming this weekend (after which point I'm hoping/intending to look around and pick up some newer stuff).

If you or someone you know has any of the following, I'd appreciate the lending of:
-Trousers (preferably slightly baggy or very warm) in a small women's size. (I'm 5')
-Shirt in a small/XS women's size
-Boots in a size 6 women's (I do have something that should work, but they are not my first choice by a long shot)
-Cloak or cape of some fashion
-Bow (20#, <26lb draw, I believe?) and KR-approved arrows

I'm playing a human archer and would like to worry less about my cobbled together outfit and more about whether or not I can still shoot anymore ;p

(Note: I know there are websites and such but I'm not sure if I'll have the money or enough shipping time to be certain of most/any of this before this weekend's event, which is why I posted here.)
Thanks so much!

~ Lorelai Sihnon VonRitter
Huntress of Galladel
Head of House VonRitter of the Witch Hunter Academy

OOG:
Rachel Jump/Onca
(New Player Marshal)
Last edit: 17 Nov 2009 01:05 by .
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
17 Nov 2009 09:37 #2 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Garb Lending?
Just as a note -

If you have trouble borrowing any peices, I have lucked out in getting some of my friends pretty decent makeshift first-event costumes at Kohl's, believe it or not.  It all depends whats in style and whats on sale, but trust me when I say it can and has been done, and for a reasonable price. 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • hecknoah
  • Thank Yous: 0
18 Nov 2009 20:03 #3 by hecknoah (hecknoah)
Replied by hecknoah (hecknoah) on topic Garb Lending?
I can lend you a bow and some arrows, but unfortunately I lost the bow string when I moved.

Noah
18 Nov 2009 23:05 #4 by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad)
Replied by Ded Dawg O'Doul (Mohammad) on topic Garb Lending?
Check out the Goodwill, Salvation Army, and various other thrift store for tunic type stuff and boots as well.  Each time you go is like playing the lottery. sometimes you win sometime you don't but each time is an adventure

We hold in our hands the harvest of what we have sown in Hope. Do we sow for Good? or for Evil?

Ded Dawg O'Doul

OOG = Dave Sullivan Sr; Indiana

Kanarak=VC999 Institutional Head
PC = Ded Dawg O'Doul. Inn Keeper
NPC = Huh! The Dumbest of the Ale Belly Ogres
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds