Makeup

• Ib
  • Thank Yous: 37
17 Mar 2011 04:50 #1 by Ib (Gannon)
Makeup was created by Ib (Gannon)
Im currently looking for new goblin makeup, something that (hopefully) wont rub off on everything I touch and that doesnt require me to scrub my face to death afterwards. Was wondering what the other people who play makeup races use for themselves to get some ideas on a replacement :)

Ib Flett
Asbjorn Vigdisson

OOC - Gannon Shanley
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
17 Mar 2011 10:25 #2 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Makeup
Cake.

Wash before going to bed. Don't sleep in it. Put on a barrier spray after application.

If you follow these steps, a happy person is you!

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
17 Mar 2011 10:46 - 17 Mar 2011 10:48 #3 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Makeup
I want to back up Tom's comment about not sleeping in it.  Its horrible for your skin, doesn't look good in the morning anyway, and often makes it more difficult to re-apply.  Makeup stays on better on healthy skin, and no game is worth ruining it!

When I've played full makeup characters I found a combination of cake as a base with a matching liquid to touch it up to be a good combination.  I'd do a layer of cake with a little bit of water, touch up some places with liquid, and then use the dry powder of the cake to set the liquids.  Barrier sprays always seemed to make it get all crackily on me, so I preferred just keeping the cake with me for touchups, but for some people it works wonders.  I'm a fan of Mehron, but Ben Nye is good too.  

Oh and to get it off, don't try just soap and water.  Get actual makeup removing wipes (not baby wipes, those are harsh on the skin if used too much as they aren't meant for the face) and you should have no problem removing the makeup.  You can find them in any supermarket or drugstore.  I like the ones in the green package, but generic usually works just as well.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2011 10:48 by .
17 Mar 2011 15:00 #4 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Makeup
Hey I just have one thing to add about make up application.

Make sure your skin is moisturized before putting make up on. It helps make the make up come off easier. The Moisturizer give something for the make up to sit on and bind to so it doesn't bind to your skin drying it out and causing problems later. If you're skins not picky- a good one will run you $10-15, but if you're skin is like mine, then you'll spend more on moisturizer then you do on the make up.

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Mar 2011 15:49 #5 by
Replied by on topic Makeup
I'm a skin care nazi so I suggest kryolan professional aqua color make up. www.kryolan.com/en/index.php?mnu=3&cid=109  It's a water activated cake and runs about $16. It's very good and contains moisturizer so it's not all bad at all for your skin.  It doesn't sweat or rub off after it has dried but i apply urban decays moisturizing makeup setting spray just in case. It's easily removed with soap and water, I suggest olay moisturizing face soap or an moisturizing facial scrub.

on a side note you should do an exfoliating or thermal peal treatment and then moisturize your skin after every event to prevent breakouts.  
17 Mar 2011 23:42 #6 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Makeup
Gannon, I would like to offer my skills as a Semi Retired (but still half active) Mary Kay Lady to help you pick a cleanser and moisturizer to wear under your make up.  ;)

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds