Looking to buy: Metal plates

• Bat Cooper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 74
15 Sep 2011 14:35 #1 by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Looking to buy: Metal plates was created by Bat Cooper (Cassius23)
Good afternoon,

So I'm trying to put together a coat of plates and am noticing that nobody seems to be selling the "plates" part.  I've looked in the links and they have already finished brigandine armor but I'm looking for just the metal plates as I can assemble them into the armor in an afternoon.

Does anyone know where I can buy metal plates(hopefully with holes for rivets but that's optional as I can sew the plates into the cloth as opposed to riveting if I need to) around 5 inches square(that part is negotiable, I can work with larger or smaller plates)?

IC: Bat Cooper

OOC: James Jones
MM
  • Velius
  • Never walk into a fair fight when walking into an unfair fight is an option.
  • Thank Yous: 76
15 Sep 2011 16:53 - 15 Sep 2011 16:57 #2 by Velius (Velius)
Replied by Velius (Velius) on topic Looking to buy: Metal plates
If you're not overly-concerned with the armor being able to stop live steel, look into aluminum flashing available at most hardware stores and home centers. It comes in rolls of varying widths that you can cut with cheap metal shears and punch holes in it with a nail. Just make sure you sand the edges.

For armor-grade metal, my main steel supplier when I used to make armor was Fazzio Steel in Glassboro, NJ. They sell (sold) scrap aluminum and steel sheet metal for $1.50 per pound (They are an industrial sheet metal company, so "scrap" metal for them can be the size of a large shield.). However you will still need tools and a shop to cut the metal into workable plates.

"I don't always NPC. But when I do, it's for years at a time."
Last edit: 15 Sep 2011 16:57 by .
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.424 seconds