Questions about borrowing

• Maveith
  • Thank Yous: 4
31 Aug 2014 23:22 #1 by Maveith (Maveith)
Questions about borrowing was created by Maveith (Maveith)
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

I ordered two one-handers from Calimacil. They haven't arrived yet. I was hoping to play my character this weekend, but obviously can't if i have to weapons. I was wondering if someone might have two weapons i can borrow for this upcoming event. My swords will definitely be here by next event.

Secondary question. If i manage to borrow someone else's weapons for this event. Do i need to get new weapons crafted for my new physreps? Or can i use my item cards for my weapons when they arrive.

Thanks for the help.

"Death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him travelling beside me to this land. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready."

OOG - Richard Landes
31 Aug 2014 23:37 #2 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic Questions about borrowing
Calimacil's a good maker. Not sure if you've larped before, but I will warn you beforehand, Calimacil has its bennies and drawbacks. while they are durable and have good heft, they are hard and easy to hit a bit too hard. I took a very painful groinshot this last KR fighter practice in my area from one (one of the blades you may have looked at) and I have never been angrier while practicing or playing before. I am not sure of your experience or technique, but with one of these, do not use your arm to generate the power. instead, use your arm and shoulder for the extension, and swing from the wrist. this is my technique and I've yet to have trouble or complaints swinging a Calimacil. You may want to acquire another set of weapons for the winter months if you are unsure of how hard you are swinging.

I am sure you will find someone here who has a sufficient armory to lend out, but to answer your question, no you shouldn't (I can always be wrong), unless you get for example a set of arcane or unique weapons to supplant your steel made ones you got at creation.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
01 Sep 2014 06:55 #3 by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042)
Replied by Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042) on topic Questions about borrowing

Maveith wrote: Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

I ordered two one-handers from Calimacil. They haven't arrived yet. I was hoping to play my character this weekend, but obviously can't if i have to weapons. I was wondering if someone might have two weapons i can borrow for this upcoming event. My swords will definitely be here by next event.

Secondary question. If i manage to borrow someone else's weapons for this event. Do i need to get new weapons crafted for my new physreps? Or can i use my item cards for my weapons when they arrive.

Thanks for the help.

For your second question -- you are allowed to use any appropriately sized physrep for any item card for the duration of an event. If you want to change physreps used for an item card during an event just make sure that you do it outside of ongoing action. E.g. you can't change if your physrep gets stolen or is missing. You can't change if you left your sword somewhere else. But you could change if your weapon becomes unsafe to use in combat or your weapon is delivered during the event (by another player showing up for example).

Gunnar Gunnarson, Medicine Man
--
OOG: Joe Hines
Former Development Officer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds