bow sheaths

• Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
11 Jun 2008 15:13 - 11 Jun 2008 15:32 #1 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
bow sheaths was created by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)

www.ravenswoodleather.com
I found a company that makes great looking leather bow sheaths.  If anyone else who uses a bow and wants something to carry them in, lemme know.

Edit: Price starts at $150.00 (a lot, but they are 100% tooled leather and you can choose a variety of colors.  Takes about 2 weeks for each to be made and shipped).

I spoke with the folks there and maybe able to do a bulk order at a discount, but that only if I get a good number of people ordering.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Last edit: 11 Jun 2008 15:32 by .
11 Jun 2008 15:14 #2 by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie)
Replied by T. Grumblegut (Yngwie) on topic bow sheaths
How much are these?

Alex T.
Rules Marshal
  • Chris
  • Thank Yous: 0
12 Jun 2008 16:34 #3 by Chris (Chris)
Replied by Chris (Chris) on topic bow sheaths
I would be interested too! do we know how big the quiver is and iff the would hold larping arrows point first?  I really want my next quiver to be able to hold my arrows with the knocks out as I am really damaging them drawing them and putting them away

OOG: Chris Arnold
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Jun 2008 01:28 #4 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic bow sheaths
Sorry for the delay... the quivers are large leather, but not designed to hold LARP arrows with the tips down.  The quivers are designed for regular arrows.  If you use boffer arrows, the foam tips would be squeezed and crushed a bit.

I will be making an order for 1 sheath for myself this coming weekend.  If anyone else is interested, contact me via PM, or email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), or phone (646-678-2387).

I will need the measurements of your bow, as to make sure the bow sheaths are made to the right size.

Please visit their website to look at the available colors they carry as well as any other items of interest they might have for you.

Vassal of Alisandria
19 Jun 2008 15:27 #5 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic bow sheaths
If they're custom making each bow sheath, couldn't they custom make a bigger quiver?

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Jun 2008 15:31 #6 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic bow sheaths
I guess they could, but each bow sheath isn't totally custom made.  Depending on the size of your bow and it's design, they may all ready have something or can work and modify an existing sheath I think.  Their sheaths were designed to hold the mongol horse bow.  As a result, the general shape and design of the sheath is easily worked for different bows.

I will call them about how much to get larger, customized quivers to hold LARP boffer arrows and try to put in that information as soon as I hear about it.

Vassal of Alisandria
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds