brand new to the LARP world

07 Nov 2008 15:24 #1 by imthekeepe (imthekeepe)
brand new to the LARP world was created by imthekeepe (imthekeepe)
hey guys I am, as the subjects states. I got interested after making a movie with one of my friends(who is now a director) where i played the roll of a barbarian/zerker and I was looking into ways of making practice weapons to use instead of the real blades that were going to be used during shooting. I happened across a few larp sites and looked at the foam weapons. a few of us got into it and we had a few get togethers and had battles. I enjoyed myself and I then ran into a few people in the MMORPG (DAoC and Warhammer Online) gaming world that are avid LARPers. One of them came to a KR event and really enjoyed himself so when I asked for one in my area, which is Bloomsburg PA, He directed me to you guys. I understand most of what happens and how to make weapons for the most part and have made a few. I was planning on joining in on one of the White Haven camp events sometime, since it is very close to bloomsburg university. I just am not sure how often you guys play at these camp sites. Also have a few questions getting started in this sort of thing.

OOG: Ignazio (Iggy)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
07 Nov 2008 15:54 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic brand new to the LARP world
Welcome.  Ask away and an appropriate someone will answer.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
07 Nov 2008 16:14 #3 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic brand new to the LARP world
Regarding joining/starting, take a look at the rule book - its pretty comphrehensive - then feel free to ask any questions here once you have.

In terms of Hickory Run State Park - its our 'warm weather' camp, in that its only open in the warmer months.  So I dont know the exact date, but KR won't be back there till prolly late spring or so.  Until then, the events will be in NJ, at the 'winter camp'.

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
07 Nov 2008 16:18 #4 by imthekeepe (imthekeepe)
Replied by imthekeepe (imthekeepe) on topic brand new to the LARP world
I allready read through most of it and it did cover almost everything. Thanks for the help and for letting me know about the PA camps.

Guess I have time to get started on making my costume from the movie into armor and not just a prop.

OOG: Ignazio (Iggy)
10 Nov 2008 10:46 #5 by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre)
Replied by Birnum Pyre (Birnum Pyre) on topic brand new to the LARP world
Hey there,

If you have any particular questions you can also shoot me an email at and I will be glad to help you out.

OOG:
Brendan O'Hara
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds