Non-Combat

• Runt
  • Thank Yous: 0
09 Dec 2008 16:54 #1 by Runt (RaeS.)
Non-Combat was created by Runt (RaeS.)
Hi, my name is Rachel, and I'll be attending my first KR event very soon.  I've been to one of the Con adventures and had a great time, but i was wondering if anyone could eloborate a bit more on the non-combat rules.  I'm allergic to latex, not so terribly that i can't participate in the event, but enough that I would have to be non-combat.  I was wondering about the rules, and about the mandatory NPC time, i was reading on the boards that there are certain times when there aren't non-com parts offered, and I wondered when those times were.  Will there be more information at the event as to which times would contain non-combat roles?

"Through the mist your lover is beckoning
Comes that moment of reckoning
Faces change, even smiles grow strange"
OOG- Rachel Sneed
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
09 Dec 2008 17:18 #2 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Non-Combat
Hi Rachel -

In regards to NPCing and being Non-Combat, THANK YOU for showing concern over this and asking when the best time to sign up would be.  Its true that some times are combat heavy and having to try to send out something non-combat can end up being very contrived and stressful for the Monster Marshal in charge.  There is no specific times when non-combat characters are and aren't sent it - it depends on plot and the Monster Marshal.  However, the easiest thing to say is to avoid NPCing night shifts, particularly Main Mod which will almost always be completely combat.  The best time to NPC would be Saturday morning or afternoon, when marshals could send you out as a merchant for the Market Faire, as a teacher, etc.  Feel free to ask the people signing you in on Friday night if they have any suggestions as well - depending on who's there they may be able to give you further suggestions.

I hope that helps!

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Runt
  • Thank Yous: 0
10 Dec 2008 11:21 #3 by Runt (RaeS.)
Replied by Runt (RaeS.) on topic Non-Combat
it does indeed...very much so! thank you!

"Through the mist your lover is beckoning
Comes that moment of reckoning
Faces change, even smiles grow strange"
OOG- Rachel Sneed
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds