Attending with a child under 14.

• wrathmaur
  • Thank Yous: 0
11 Dec 2008 00:11 #1 by wrathmaur (wrathmaur)
Attending with a child under 14. was created by wrathmaur (wrathmaur)
Okay I am planning on attending with my children one is 14 years of age and the other will be 11 when we finally attend.  The rulebook states that the 11 must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times.  Does this mean that I will be essentially following her through all of her gaming?  If so what gaming opportunities might be available for me?  I don't mind NPCing.  Entirely possible I could be assigned as her IG guardian or some such.  Just wondering what experiences people have with this.  Also If I am shadowing her does that mean I must also be combat inactive?  And the good thing is she want s to be a healer/priest as that is her main character on WoW.  LOL. 

Carter Brent
  • Kendrick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 4
11 Dec 2008 01:05 #2 by Kendrick (Kendrick)
Replied by Kendrick (Kendrick) on topic Attending with a child under 14.
My own experience is that it has both fun and difficulty attached to it. I've brought my own son several times and the thing that is challenging is that you can't really run off into the heat of battle and smite your foes because you have a real life kid to keep your eye on always. But, he has also had the chance to role play with me and people in the game world, and it has been a great thrill as his dad to be a part of that.

The best thing to do is to stay more with role-play suited characters and situations so you can always do the right thing as a parent out of game.

Brother Kendrick Maeldun
Paladin of the White Fox

oog Chris K
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds