Greetings

• Relawin
  • Mace in the Face!
  • Thank Yous: 0
01 Mar 2008 14:44 #1 by Relawin (Relawin)
Greetings was created by Relawin (Relawin)
I'm posting a hello here for not only myself but for my twin brother as well.  He should be at your latest february event while I am unfortunately stuck home.  I am designing a character in the mean time and plan on being at your next event.  I am extremely excited and can't wait to meet everyone.

One question as a side note, I am planning on using a 2 handed mace, any tips on the construction of the open cell foam section as well as if I should leave a large section of the pvc pipe uncovered as a hand grip area?  Also does a 2handed mace deal more damage than a 1 handed mace?  Where would I find weapon damage information?

(ooc) Troy Maphis
(IG) Reandn Relawin
01 Mar 2008 17:10 #2 by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane)
Replied by Jacob Kanane (Jacob Kanane) on topic Greetings
I might be able to help you with a few of your questions since I didn't make it to this weekends event either. I'm not a marshall, so I can't answer rules questions officially for you, but I can point you towards the parts of the website where you can find some answers.

The damage dealt by weapons is listed in the skill section of the online rulebook: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...7&Itemid=108#Weapons

There is also a page on boffer weapon construction: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...view&id=49&Itemid=62
Most boffer weapons would have some of the PVC covered with electical or grip tape instead of pipe foam to be used as a handle.

Brother Jacob Kanane
Templar of the Order of the Mailed Fist

(oog) Rob Irving
  • Relawin
  • Mace in the Face!
01 Mar 2008 19:26 #3 by Relawin (Relawin)
Replied by Relawin (Relawin) on topic Greetings
Thanks, I've seen some pictures with the grip only taped up and others with closed cell foam all up and down the weapon so I was wondering if both were ok and what was preferable.

(ooc) Troy Maphis
(IG) Reandn Relawin
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
02 Mar 2008 16:20 #4 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic Greetings
Hey Relawin!

I am a rules marshal so i cna help you with any rules questions you may have.  We do ask that you read over the ruleobok first as most of your questions should be answered in there and we will gladly help you with any others you might have.

Also, its forum policy that we have everyone sign their posts with at least your first name so we know who you are.  Thanks and welcome again :)

OOG: Jo
  • Relawin
  • Mace in the Face!
02 Mar 2008 19:00 #5 by Relawin (Relawin)
Ah, my apologies.  I'll make sure to sign the rest of my posts here.  I also have read the rules quite througougly but found the info on making boffer maces lacking and was unable to find the damage for weapons considering I'm making a cleric and the skill is called Cleric weapons instead of 2 handed blunt or any such thing.  Thankyou for all the help, my brother and I will be aniticipating the next event with great excitement.
Signed,
(OOC) Troy Maphis
(IG) Reandn Relawin
P.S My twin brother I believe is known as Jas since this past event.

(ooc) Troy Maphis
(IG) Reandn Relawin
  • JoDios
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • That guy with the muffin hat.
02 Mar 2008 21:50 #6 by JoDios (JoDios)
Replied by JoDios (JoDios) on topic Greetings
The weapon skill for cleric covers their deity's favoured weapon.  So for example the skill "Cleric Weapon" might be staff for a cleric of andorra or a sword for a cleric of aguarra.

If you wish to use a weapon as a cleric that isn't your deity's weapon then you must buy it off the common list.

OOG: Jo
  • Relawin
  • Mace in the Face!
02 Mar 2008 23:52 #7 by Relawin (Relawin)
No, I get all that, I was just never sure of the damage they dealt because I was looking under the cleric weapon skill, not the 2 handed blunt skill.
P.S checking to see if my sig works.

(ooc) Troy Maphis
(IG) Reandn Relawin
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds