Introductions and Just saying hi

• Sophie
  • Thank Yous: 0
18 Jan 2010 21:42 #1 by Sophie (Sophie)
Introductions and Just saying hi was created by Sophie (Sophie)
Hey all,
My name's Anne, I though I'd take this moment to introduce myself. My friend Jon was working on a character for KR and my endless curiosity has pulled me along, lol.

I've never LARPed before though I am no stranger to RPGs. Though we probably won't be starting with you guys in the events till the late spring i though it'd be appropriate to start doing some research now.

I am looking into being a bard and am thrilled to experiencing the whole KG universe. Just a quick question i have is, if i should bring musical instruments would the be in any kind of danger of damage? That and if you've got any advice for a first time LARPer it would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks, and I look forward to playing with you all.
-Anne R

Anne Rossman: OOG
  • Sirides
18 Jan 2010 23:10 #2 by Sirides (ChrisZ)
Replied by Sirides (ChrisZ) on topic Introductions and Just saying hi
Welcome.  I am new to KR myself but I think it goes without saying for any LARP...if you have something worth of value and you are worried about it being damaged, then it is probably best left at home.  In saying that, if you can avoid bringing it out at night, and possibly away from hunting monsters, I think you would be ok ;)

OOG: Chris

IG: Siri'des Vael'senwe
20 Jan 2010 08:38 #3 by Mother Rosa (Kate)
Replied by Mother Rosa (Kate) on topic Introductions and Just saying hi
Hi Sophie, welcome to the group. :) Having played a bard for a while I can tell you any expensive instrument is in some danger if you're carrying it around. However I had a small celtic lap hard that managed to survive unscathed, as long as I didnt bring it near any battles. Usually smaller things like flutes or ocarinas (or your voice) are better for that setting, and more expensive instruments are better saved for performing at the inn. I hope that helps!

Mother Rosa
Priestess of Gaia

"That which yields is not always weak."

((oog: Kate L))
  • Sophie
21 Jan 2010 15:26 #4 by Sophie (Sophie)
Replied by Sophie (Sophie) on topic Introductions and Just saying hi
thanks a bunch! This helps alot. I can't wait to start!  ;D

Anne Rossman: OOG
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds