Howdy howdy everybody

09 Feb 2010 23:27 #1 by Elkabong29 (Elkabong29)
Howdy howdy everybody was created by Elkabong29 (Elkabong29)
Hey all. My name is Jose. I'm new to live action role playing and am excited to get involved. Though I am new to live action role playing , I have role played for years and have some theatre experience. I can also cook.
I have heard of live action role playing and have always wanted to make some sort of fighter class, but unfortunately real life has dealt me a blow to that wish. I've had some extensive knee surgery which renders me as useful as a door stop when it comes to combat. I do hope that I will be able to find a roll in Knight Realms and look forward to attending events and meeting everybody  ;D

OOG Jose Adolfo Lugo
10 Feb 2010 12:14 - 10 Feb 2010 13:26 #2 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic Howdy howdy everybody
Not everyone in KR fights how you choose to integrate yourself into the society of Travance is entirely up to you. You can be a healer, they occationaly do fight but only when the rest of us let them, because we can't have them dieing. There are alchemist who make things like bombs and healing salves which make them valuable. There are Mages, Druids, Priests who can be as close or as far from the action as they want. We have Archers, and Rangers who specialize in using a bow. But if you really have your heart set on using a sword you could be a non combatant knightrealms.com/component/content/artic...sics/155-combat.html . . I sugesst you look through all the classes and races until you find one that fits your personality best.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
Last edit: 10 Feb 2010 13:26 by .
  • Odo Garaath
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Back and Ready For More!
  • Thank Yous: 12
10 Feb 2010 13:30 #3 by Odo Garaath (Odo)
Replied by Odo Garaath (Odo) on topic Howdy howdy everybody
There are smiths and alchemists who make things for others to buy. KR has something for anything, and in time, you can make something from various parts and become something you enjoy the most.

"Praise be to Enax, and blessing to his followers."

(Tom Senger )
10 Feb 2010 23:01 #4 by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas)
Replied by Mordecai Ashfields (ambrose_leonidas) on topic Howdy howdy everybody
Hello and Welcome,

Like others have said, if you want to be involved in combat but have knee problems (I can relate I also have bad knees :() you can go as a priest or mage, or a ranger or archer if you are good with a bow, anything semi-combat. Also, who knows if your knees get better and you can start doing actual boffer throwing, face melting mayhem, you can always pick up another profession on the same character (like you pick up mage then drop an extra 10 build for warrior)

But Welcome and have fun  ;)

Cody Queen

Rupert the adventurer

OOG: Cody Robert Queen
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
10 Feb 2010 23:04 #5 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic Howdy howdy everybody
Scholars and Physicians as well do not particularly need combat skills.  If you can move about fairly painlessly, one can add some categories of Priest and Rogue to the list.  Then, thee is Matt White's favorite class, Psionicist.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
11 Feb 2010 16:42 #6 by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet)
Replied by Baroness Hartwoode (jadelet) on topic Howdy howdy everybody
Trust me when I say that there is plenty of room to play without fighting.

In fact, it seems you can have no fighting skill or ability to speak of, and still manage to become a Knight.

True story.

Baroness Mixolydia Hartwoode of Travance
March Warden of Selendrias

Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them!
(oog-Jen W.)
12 Feb 2010 05:24 #7 by Elkabong29 (Elkabong29)
Replied by Elkabong29 (Elkabong29) on topic Howdy howdy everybody
Thanks everybody for the advice  ;D

OOG Jose Adolfo Lugo
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.513 seconds