confusing skill

13 Apr 2010 22:44 #1 by Eli_Wildwood (Eli_Wildwood)
confusing skill was created by Eli_Wildwood (Eli_Wildwood)
I'm not new but just got a question:
I'm not sure what be friend animal does.

It says:
Befriend Animal (Periodic)
This skill allows a character to charm one natural animal into being her friend for fifteen minutes. An animal under the effect of Befriend Animal will not act out of the ordinary and is not under the command of the character that has charmed it.

I don't understand what that fully means. what exactly can i control? please respond with explanations and/or examples. much appreciated

OOG:Mackenzie Kiem
13 Apr 2010 22:56 #2 by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred)
Replied by Woolsey Bysmor (Osred) on topic confusing skill
It doesn't let you control the animal, just make the animal friendly towards you.

Example.  You are walking through the woods when a wolf starts bounding towards you ready to attack.  You used this skill, and the wolf stops their attack, and trusts you.  You can now pet the wolf, give it a cookie, and go on your way.

Example 2:  You are sneaking into a cave.  There a giant bear, who was sleeping is about to wake up.  Right beyond him is a chest of gold.  You befriend the bear.  Now if the bear doesn't care about the chest, doesn't see it as anything but environment, you are free to enter the cave and loot the chest.  As you leave, you pet the bear and give it a honeycake and go on your way.

-OOG Michael Smith
13 Apr 2010 23:04 #3 by Eli_Wildwood (Eli_Wildwood)
Replied by Eli_Wildwood (Eli_Wildwood) on topic confusing skill
That's what i thought it did but i wasn't 100% on it. Thank you so much!  :D

OOG:Mackenzie Kiem
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
13 Apr 2010 23:29 #4 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic confusing skill
I fully endorse the official outcome of this skill being giving the animal NPCs food.  It is in fact how I have tried to play the skill for the last 7 years. :)

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds