New and Lots of Questions.

• Steve
  • Thank Yous: 0
27 May 2010 12:18 #1 by Steve (Steve)
New and Lots of Questions. was created by Steve (Steve)
Hey everyone,

My name is Steve and I've been interested in trying out LARPing for some time now. The only problem was that I couldn't find one in my area, that is of course, until I found this one. :) I must say that this website is awesome, very comprehensive. I do however, like all noobs, have a couple questions. I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I'm sure these questions may seem redundant, but I'll give it a go.

1) How many members do you have? How many show up for an average LARP weekend?

2) Can you play only a section of the weekend, or must you play all?

3) Could I NPC before I character build to get the gist of how things work? (Never LARPed before)

4) Is everyone require to maintain character throughout the entire weekend, what situations allow you to break character and ask questions?

5) Do I just show up at an event and say "here I am, I want to NPC" or is there someone I have to contact?

6) Is there a kitchen and other facilities? Is food provided? Are there beds? What do I bring?

I have so many questions... aghhh! Sorry guys. You don't have to reply directly if you don't want, it's a lot of questions. A link or something would be helpful.  ??? Thanks in advance for you time - hopefully I'll see you out there!

- Steve
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
27 May 2010 12:26 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic New and Lots of Questions.
6) Is there a kitchen and other facilities? Is food provided? Are there beds? What do I bring?

There is a kitchen and showering facilities.  A feast, as part of the in game proceedings a meal (called Feast) is typically provided Saturday sometime between 6 and 7 PM.  There is no additional cost.  There is plenty of food and it is typically very well prepared.  Usually there are leftovers which are set out for grabs.

Saturday morning at 9 someone usually prepares breakfast, consisting of eggs or French toast with sausage or bacon.,  It costs $2 or 2 pices of Gold, our in game currency.

Saturday around noon we hold Market Faire, at which one can buy just about anything to eat, either for real money or IG currency.

Friday nights someone usually prepares soup or stew, for a buck a bowl or 1 gold.

Cold food can be stored, although we have simple procedures in place.  Nothing in cabins.

As to preparing your own hot food - it can be done, but clean up is essential and we have dragons guarding the kitchen to assure that you do.  I would like to discourage you from so doing,m at least your first few games.

I will leave the rules questions to the proper Marshals.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
27 May 2010 13:19 #3 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic New and Lots of Questions.
Knight Realms New Players section.

That should answer a lot of questions.  Other answers are in the online rulebook to the left-hand site of the website.  There's also a "Site Search" feature on the right hand side that can be used as well.

I'm glad you introduced yourself and I hope you have fun when you come to an event.  It's nice to see new folks.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds