New Player: With Questions

• Drengu
  • Thank Yous: 0
09 Jul 2010 07:02 #1 by Drengu (Drengu)
New Player: With Questions was created by Drengu (Drengu)
Hello i am David, and i am thinking about attending the August event of Knight Realms, however i read the rule book and polices and i do have a few questions...

OOC:

1. If i am new to the game but i refer a freind and bring one, can i still get the bonus build?

2. If my dad wants to supervise me and my friend at the event (we are 14) can he do so OOC (he wouldn't follow us around, but he'd be there on site encase of an incident)
if so would he pay both membership price and PC price or membership and would he have to do NPC duty

IC:

1. In order to make a PC undead do you use Create Greater Undead or any Create Undead, because in the rulebook it seemed to be under Create Greater Undead and that makes sense, but it didn't say that specifically.

2. Can a non clergy character start as a follower, or do they have to be baptized during game.

OOG: David Ledvinka
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
09 Jul 2010 13:25 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic New Player: With Questions
Please be patient as a rules marshal an the director must answer your questions, and this weekend is DexCon, where many, if not most of them, will be.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
  • Hadrian Thane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The night is dark and full of terrors.
  • Thank Yous: 3
09 Jul 2010 14:59 #3 by Hadrian Thane (GBino)
Replied by Hadrian Thane (GBino) on topic New Player: With Questions
Hello David,

Some of your questions will need to be answered by the Director, but I can address your rules questions.

Once a PC is completely dead, they are a corpse like any other. You may use any spell from the "Create Undead" line to turn them into an undead.

You may start your character baptized to any god of your choosing.

That being said, I feel I need to offer a little commentary:

It is difficult to successfully play an "Evil" PC, since it is "illegal" in the game world to practice Necromancy or worship the Dark Gods. If you are found as as a Necromancer or worshiper of a Dark God, your character will be killed, and possibly exiled or obliterated.

It is commonly recommended to new players either to not play an Evil character as their first character, or not to start with evil-aligned lists. It can be difficult as a new player to locate characters that are like minded, and it is possible to "out" yourself while trying to do so. It would also be difficult to locate a teacher to continue learning your "evil" abilities.

That being said, it is completely possible to play an Evil character without possessing any evil aligned lists from the start, and often easier to grow as a character and pick up those abilities when you can fend for yourself.

/* OOG
* Rob G.
* Rules Marshal, Margrave
*/
  • Drengu
  • Thank Yous: 0
09 Jul 2010 23:22 #4 by Drengu (Drengu)
Replied by Drengu (Drengu) on topic New Player: With Questions
I have done a bit of larp before at other places, however if i was going to use that concept out of the many i had, i was planning on bring a friend or two and we could play as a group, if i come on my own i definitely wont do that

OOG: David Ledvinka
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds