New Player question about the Mandatory NPC shift

• Dennis Brand
  • Treason or revolution? That depends on the victor.
  • Thank Yous: 72
29 Aug 2010 22:20 #1 by Dennis Brand (Devin)
New Player question about the Mandatory NPC shift was created by Dennis Brand (Devin)
Hello. I am interested in attending the new Knight Realms event but I am hesitiant on coming. I've been a long time LARPer; however, I've never been a big NPC. The reason why is that I have stress and exercise-induced asthma and, in most boffer LARPs, there is a lot of demand on the NPCs. At Knight Realms, I plan on playing a PC character that I can choose to enter combat with or not. As an NPC, will I be affored the same choice? Is it possible for me to not be apart of combat as an NPC or is it always mandatory for NPCs to be apart of mass combat senarios?

ig: Dennis Brand | oog: Devin G., marshal
29 Aug 2010 22:29 #2 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic New Player question about the Mandatory NPC shift
While most NPC roles include combat, there are plenty of opportunities for strictly RP roles.  If you have medical restrictions, just let the monster marshal on duty know and they can come up with appropriate NPC roles for you to play.

--Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
30 Aug 2010 14:45 #3 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic New Player question about the Mandatory NPC shift
As a Monster Marshal and prior to it, a player who NPC'd just as everyone else did.  I can assure you that we all strive to maintain a positive atmosphere for every player, PC and NPC alike in our game.  That as long as it is within our powers (and 99.9% of the time it is) to accomidate such medical-related issues, we do our absolute best to make sure that we do.

I would best say to come and try things out, sign up for an NPC shift that is not Main Mod (as there are often VERY few RP-Only positions available for Main Mod Shifts) and alert the Marhsal on Shift to your issue.  We are happy to accomidate as much as we possibly can.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
30 Aug 2010 17:45 #4 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic New Player question about the Mandatory NPC shift
To back up what has already been said, you're best bet for an NPC shift, in order to ensure an RP role for yourself, is to sign up for a daytime Saturday shift (there is one in the morning and one in the afternoon).  Just tell the person signing people up at sign in that you need a shift with RP-based opportunities, and she/he will be happy to help you out. 

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds