Hey look another new player post by me again

• Arken
  • Here we go!
  • Thank Yous: 47
06 Oct 2010 15:15 #1 by Arken (Arken)
Hey look another new player post by me again was created by Arken (Arken)
Hello all!

I am currently building a character for the even coming up this Friday. It is in hopes that I don't get burned and have off the whole weekend.
With that in mind, I want to create the character with the MAXIMUM amount of starting build possible.

What is the maximum amount of build I could possible get for character creation? and how do I get it all?

----
Nick G
  • Belegchand
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank Yous: 163
06 Oct 2010 15:32 #2 by Belegchand (mcalo)
Replied by Belegchand (mcalo) on topic Hey look another new player post by me again
Think this may be what you are looking for (taken from the Making a Character section of the rulebook at www.knightrealms.com/new-players/157-making-a-character.html ):

[size=15pt]6. Determine your starting Build
Determine how many points of Build your character will start off with. As a starting character you are given 10 Build. If you have acquired Service Points (SP) you may spend up to 200 SP to gain an additional 1 to 2 Build. If you purchased the Extra Event Build, you would gain an additional 1 Build. All together you may start your character off with anywhere between 10 and 13 Build that you may immediately spend on skills before starting the game.  (You may also have more build if you retire an old PC, but that is not covered here.)  If you somehow have more than 13 build when making a new PC, you may not spend more than 13 to start - the rest must be saved for later.  The only exception to this is Retirement Build and the build gained through purchasing a hard copy of the Rulebook (this is not currently available).

OOG: Matt Calo - Marshal
  • Arken
  • Here we go!
06 Oct 2010 16:16 #3 by Arken (Arken)
Replied by Arken (Arken) on topic Hey look another new player post by me again
I've seen different numbers in different sections, that's why I asked for a clarification.

Also I want to start with the most possible to create with.

----
Nick G
  • Damien
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 145
06 Oct 2010 16:42 #4 by Damien (Damien)
Replied by Damien (Damien) on topic Hey look another new player post by me again
The most build you can spend on skills, body, etc. for a new character is 13, as described in the quoted section above.  It is possible for a new character (never played before) to have more then 13 build, but an individual may not spend more then 13 build before the character is played for the first time.

[hr]
Victor Sylus, Baron of Travance
OOG: Damien A.
  • Arken
  • Here we go!
06 Oct 2010 16:48 #5 by Arken (Arken)
Replied by Arken (Arken) on topic Hey look another new player post by me again
Thanks Damien!

It's always good to double check!

----
Nick G
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
06 Oct 2010 18:33 #6 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic Hey look another new player post by me again

I've seen different numbers in different sections, that's why I asked for a clarification.

If you can link me to the different sections with conflicting information, I will make sure they are all updated to be correct - I thought I got them all, but one always seems to get away...

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds