Newbie and the Alt event

18 Apr 2011 09:54 #1 by Briar Stomp (Pikup)
Newbie and the Alt event was created by Briar Stomp (Pikup)
Howdy folks!  My son and I are hoping to come out this weekend, and we are trying to get a firm grasp on the "alt event" concept and have a few questions/concerns.

First I think the base idea to to build a character for just this event from the build templates provided on the downloads page.  I think the templates are all level 5. 

A) Is my understanding of that correct?

B)  Whom do I send the character to?  (I realize that's probably in a post somewhere I just have not hunted it down.)

C)  I have some concerns with trying to play a level 5 character correctly.  We have only been out twice and and have obviously never been close to that level.  Any recommendations for  an older less combat oriented player?  I'm leaning towards healer.

D) Starting gear.  The general feel from what I read is you would be able to start the character with "basic" gear.  Should I just bring the gear I expect to need and cards will be created at logistics or I would leave the gear in the car if deemed inappropriate?

Tim aka Canth
  • Fogrom
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 70
18 Apr 2011 13:42 #2 by Fogrom (Fogrom)
Replied by Fogrom (Fogrom) on topic Newbie and the Alt event
I think I can respond adequately to all four. If not, feel free to post a reply requesting further clarification!

A) If you show up without a character you'll have to take a pre-made character. If you submit your character ahead of time, you can design it any way that you want. The templates are from a previous Alt event. You can certainly use them as a blueprint if you like, but they aren't required if you submit in advance.

B) This post has the submission information. It may have gone up after you posted this thread, so my apologies if this is redundant.

www.knightrealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=7629.msg0#new

C) My advice is to take a character profession that utilizes points (e.g., priest, smith, or as you said, healer) and buy a few spells or abilities and many points. That way you won't have too many rules to learn and will be able to do your few things many times in a game period. If you're looking for a role-play challenge, definitely try a priest.

D) Do as you said!

Matt White
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
20 Apr 2011 22:10 #3 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic Newbie and the Alt event
Welcome to Knight Realms, I'm Luis Cace. I'm the person responsible for all things kitchen please contact me either in or out of game if you need to inform us of any food allergies for you or your son. You are probably aware that you are totally responsible for special dietary needs but if there is any preparation I can help with please do not hesitate...

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds