New Player - See You at Dexcon?

• Dracaerys
  • Thank Yous: 0
16 May 2011 11:00 #1 by Dracaerys (Dracaerys)
New Player - See You at Dexcon? was created by Dracaerys (Dracaerys)
Hi!

My name's Tini and I've been LARPing for about 10 years now. I'm totally into the idea of going to KR thanks to Ben and Michelle (I'm a Virginian, just like them, we play Camarilla together, /obfuscates) and have been wanting to make the trip up to an event with some of my LARP besties.

My husband and I got an invite to Dexcon, and while I was momentarily despairing that I can really only make one trip to NJ in a month and that Dexcon would cancel my KR plans, I was informed that you all go to Dexcon! Hurray!

My question is this - do you all do a mod or any sort of mini-event there? Can I as a new player show up in a costume with basic starting stats per the rulebook and meet everyone's characters, (and have them meet mine?) and hopefully attend an event later? What should I do prior to the con to make sure I can come downstairs in my LARP fineries and party with you rockstars?

Thanks, all!

Tini H.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
16 May 2011 21:30 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic New Player - See You at Dexcon?
Hi Tini!

Knight Realms does run an event at each DEXCON and DREAMATION, but they are not a part of our consistent, ongoing game.  Characters are generated at the convention, and don't carry over to any other games - essentially, each con is a one-shot.

That being said, there's other people who live in the DC / VA area, and you might be able to carpool.  If you post to the Rides board (under Off-Topic), you might be able to find a way to get up here more easily.

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds