New to KR

• cadebel
  • Thank Yous: 0
16 May 2011 22:00 #1 by cadebel (cadebel)
New to KR was created by cadebel (cadebel)
Hey all figured I would poke my head in and say hello. My first KR event will be the week long event in June, I am super stoked for it. My only question was this, what is the cost to play that event? Thanks in advance.

Oh and because it just dawned on me hello all my names Ben. I am new to KR but definitely not new to LARPing lol.

Ben Belford
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
16 May 2011 22:32 #2 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic New to KR
Hi Ben, welcome to KR. Here's a link to the thread in the forums that goes over the price and other details for the Life event.

www.knightrealms.com/forums/index.php?topic=7738.0

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • cadebel
17 May 2011 12:56 #3 by cadebel (cadebel)
Replied by cadebel (cadebel) on topic New to KR
Thank you kindly! I actually stumbled across it about an hour and half after I posted my introduction lol, I just didn't think to post that I had found it.

Ben Belford
  • cadebel
17 May 2011 14:01 #4 by cadebel (cadebel)
So this might be a very silly question and I may just be grossly over looking the answer some where, but what are the rules on tenting? Are modern tents allowed? If so do I need to dress them up or something? If not what housing is available outside of the old tents that are always there and the gypsy caravans? I would personally like to bring my tent that I have and just throw some tarping or something over it so it doesn't look so modern. Any suggestions or a point in the right direction would be awesome.

Ben Belford
  • Pappy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • First in, Last out
  • Thank Yous: 103
18 May 2011 07:35 #5 by Pappy (Quan)
Replied by Pappy (Quan) on topic New to KR
Hi,
Welcome to Knight Realms, I'm the Kitchen Deputy your point of contact in the kitchen which will include but not limited to personal food storage as well as any food allergies.

In as far as tents, the camp has building to bed down in as well as tents tents that you can share as their is safety in numbers, lol... (a little in game humor)

We look forward to your presence.

Quan Liu Shen
Former Headmaster of Wudan Mtn. Academy             
"When the time comes, a mouse can become a tiger"

--*--

Vladmir Ahmad As'Hassin
Brotherhood of workers Guild

OGG:
     Luis C
Kitchen Staff
Officer
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
18 May 2011 08:43 #6 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic New to KR
In addition to the cabins, the campground already has about 40 large brown canvas (somewhat period enough looking) tents set up on tent platforms for you to inhabit. They are 14x14.

Welcome! ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
18 May 2011 16:11 #7 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic New to KR
You can decorate the standing tents if you want, there's beams on the outside to hang things from and there are camp mattresses on the floors.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
  • cadebel
18 May 2011 17:36 #8 by cadebel (cadebel)
Ok cool sounds good and thank you everybody. I have only been to the camp once in late fall for a LAIRE event so I don't know the usual stuff yet. But it all sounds good.

Ben Belford
  • cadebel
22 May 2011 16:59 #9 by cadebel (cadebel)
I know this wont get an immediate answer, but I figured I would post it any way. I was unsure of who to contact about this, so I figured I would just post it on here. I have a fairly nice latex axe I was considering using and it is 30.5 inches in length, now I know that it falls under a 1 hander, but is there any way to squeeze it by as a minimum length bastard? Thank you in advance.

Ben Belford
23 May 2011 04:16 #10 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic New to KR
Personally, as a bastard sword is 42 inches and up, I'd actually keep it as a 1 hander. Thats over 12 inches that you are asking to overlook.

If it was 41 inches or so, then it might be viable....but that length is just...

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
23 May 2011 04:41 #11 by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen)
Replied by Draknar DoKanen (Draknar DoKanen) on topic New to KR
Martin is correct.  30.5" is too short, so it would be considered a 1HE, not Bastard.  Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.

In regards to your earlier question that seemed to get overlooked, yes, you are welcome to bring your own tent if you wish but it is far from necessary with all the platform tents up.  That said, we do ask that if you go that route you at least try to make it as IG looking as you can.

Sean

Skimmel
RP Marshal, Rules Marshal, Storyteller
  • cadebel
23 May 2011 19:24 #12 by cadebel (cadebel)
My apologies I actually mis-typed before it is not 30.5 inches it is 40.5 inches. I am really sorry for the miss-information I have had about 8 hours of sleep in the last 3 days, so I am very out of it. The following a link to the exact axe that I have,  www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-5379-vana...ouble-blade-axe.aspx

As far as housing went, I talked to my friends who were down there this weekend and they informed me of the housing situation. Thank you for getting back to me on it though, I really do appreciate the input.

Lastly thank you every body for the warms welcomes and advice and so on, for those staffers that have put in their 2 cents I will be available for multiple npc shifts for the week long I love to npc and if any help is needed in the kitchen I am also available and can bring a copy of my serve safe certification if it is needed or what not.

Thanks all!! :)

Ben Belford
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds