Hello

05 Oct 2011 21:56 #1 by Tarson Graft (Tarson Graft)
Hello was created by Tarson Graft (Tarson Graft)
My name is Ian Smith and i am hoping to be able to come soon. i will be coming with 1 possibly 2 other people we have the money for the entry fees but im wondering what else we should bring. ive read the new players tab and i know some of the things i need, im just wondering if you have any suggestions to make my stay easier. where will i be sleeping? should i bring a sleeping bag and be prepared to sleep outdoors which i am fine with (if its safe). also i dont have a costume and im wondering if i can buy one at the event. sense me and my friends dont have costumes or have much of an idea of what to do we will probably be NPCs for the weekend. we will think of our character concepts and who our character is, we are capable of doing that. Also if you have any tips they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
05 Oct 2011 22:47 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Hello
Hi Ian.  When you get to event, the Staff can direct you where you can sleep.  It depends on what you plan on doing at the game.

As for what to wear, that gets covered in the New Player section.  There are some people who sell clothes & other stuff at the game, so you maybe able to buy stuff from them, but that usually occurs on Saturday.

Usual tips for LARP is the same for any outdoor event.  Dress for the weather.  Dress for your activities.  Bring snacks/food if you're going to be out for a long time.  Make sure you have your meds.  Stuff like that.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
05 Oct 2011 23:31 #3 by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar)
Replied by Ekatarina McKraegar (EkatarinaMcGregar) on topic Hello
Hey Ian,

One place to start with costuming is a thrift store. I've found corsets  (none that fit me), skirts, and cape there in the past. As we approach Halloween old costumes seem to appear at GoodWill and Salvation Army. Black/Brown Pants for a few bucks,  "Pirate" style Renaissance shirt a few more and you have the base of a good costume. A little patience and creativity goes a long way with Thrift Store costuming.

Can't wait to meet you!

-Ann

Templar Ekatarina Esmeralda Kisslinger McKregar, Prophet of the Kindred Oak

Neina Avaren

OOC: Ann A.- Logistics Marshal
30 Oct 2011 12:41 #4 by Tarson Graft (Tarson Graft)
Replied by Tarson Graft (Tarson Graft) on topic Hello
Thank you for all help. i hope to see you very soon.
  • Charcoal
  • I'm back!
  • Thank Yous: 7
31 Oct 2011 01:48 #5 by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov)
Replied by Charcoal (CharcoalCa-Chov) on topic Hello
If you're still taking some suggestions, when I was at my first event, not only did I bring snacks for myself but the whole camp. It didn't last very long, but this is a great way to make friends when you're new or anytime, really.

~ Sophie R.

"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three!"

IG: Charcoal Cha'cov
OOG: Sophie Rich
31 Oct 2011 03:02 #6 by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge)
Replied by Brunner Von Ritter (Martin Bridge) on topic Hello
A tip, Bring food or drinks in age-appropriate wrappings/containers. It's always a hit, and you never know the next meal you will have (quite obviously actually)

In regard to NPCing, black plain t-shirt top and black track-pants are the best to wear, plus of course sensible boots. Saq is kinda muddy, so good boots are always a good thing.

OOC Name - Martin Bridge
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.500 seconds