Policy Question

• Esten
  • Thank Yous: 2
06 May 2008 19:21 #1 by Esten (TinyDanser84)
Policy Question was created by Esten (TinyDanser84)
Hi, my name is Sam and I npc'd at the April event, it was my first Knight Realms event.  I told my family about it, and my 14 year old cousin was very interested in coming and trying it out, so I thought we would come and npc at the May event so he could try it out.  However, the rules seemed kind of ambiguous about whether 14 year olds could participate in combat, and since that's what he really wants to do I figured I should find out.  I emailed someone about it although I don't know if it was the right person since they haven't gotten back to me. 

Thanks for any help,
Samantha

OOG: Sam M
IG: Esten
  • Elawyn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 177
06 May 2008 19:59 #2 by Elawyn (Elawyn)
Replied by Elawyn (Elawyn) on topic Policy Question

Younger Players: Players between the age of 10 and 14 may attend if they are first cleared by the Director and also under the care of a legal guardian at all times who has assumed all responsibilities for the child. Players between the age of 10 and 14 may only play non-combative roles and must be considered combat inactive.

Between 10 and 14 includes the age of 14. A person must be 15 or older in order to engage in combat at Knight Realms. 

Your cousin, keep in mind, would also need a legal guardian present in order to attend, and that person would have to be with him at all times.  I would also advise against him NPCing the weekend, as it can be quite difficult to find a non-combat role for a parent and child every shift all weekend.

Hope that helps. :)

Defend the Land for it is the Base of the Pillar,

Elawyn Featherthorn Brightstar
Acolyte of the Circle of Ten & Chosen of Fey Lord Tillion
Guardian of Belladeen

---
OOG: Kristen M.
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
07 May 2008 08:56 #3 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Policy Question
Concidering that many of my friends started this game 9 years ago at the age of 14 I went and talked to James about the policy and he said that it is misworded. While Kristen did interpret the written rule correctly it is the written rule that is in error. If a player is 11-13 then they are non-combat and need a legal guardian present as Kristen said, but once they turn 14 they are fair game.

Hopefully you'll see this before you broke him the bad news.

;)

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
07 May 2008 11:41 #4 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Policy Question
A while back I asked if my 12 year old brother could come along.  I realize he would be non-combat, but James said he was going to look into what i would need to do if I were going to be considered his guardian for the event.  Was there any change, or can I actually bring him and keep an eye on him?

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Erdrick
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 161
07 May 2008 13:12 - 07 May 2008 13:13 #5 by Erdrick (Erdrick)
Replied by Erdrick (Erdrick) on topic Policy Question
Thats a good question but of course requires James to comment on, I'll do my best to make sure that he finds this post.

Also Matt I just noticed that your name is no where in your signature would you please put it in there to comply with forum policies.

Lord Erdrick Brightstar
Guardian of Belladeen
(Samuel Roberts)
Last edit: 07 May 2008 13:13 by .
  • Esten
  • Thank Yous: 2
08 May 2008 09:53 #6 by Esten (TinyDanser84)
Replied by Esten (TinyDanser84) on topic Policy Question
Thanks for the clarification, I know he'll be happy to hear it.  Although it turns out he's been sick this week, so we might not end up making it after all.  If not, we'll be at the July event  :)

OOG: Sam M
IG: Esten
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds