Bringing new players to the alt? good idea or bad

• tesserex
  • Thank Yous: 0
28 Mar 2012 21:10 #1 by tesserex (tesserex)
Bringing new players to the alt? good idea or bad was created by tesserex (tesserex)
Hi everyone,

I have a few friends that are interested in comign to KR. They would liek to come to this weekends event, which is an alt event. We intend on NPCing. Is an alt event a good event to NPC at for the first time ever LARPing? I'm inclined to say yes, since they won't need to worry about tracking too many different effects/skills, but I'm no expert. Also, I don't know how the event differs (aside from new characters of course)

Thanks for the help

Daniel Bassett

Rogar Ironborn
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
28 Mar 2012 21:17 #2 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Bringing new players to the alt? good idea or bad
Actually, the alt event may not be a bad first event. All of the characters people are playing are low level, and like you said, you don't have a lot of skills to worry about. As far as new players are concerned, I'll let a the New Player Officer field that question for you guys.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
29 Mar 2012 08:20 #3 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Bringing new players to the alt? good idea or bad
Im always unsure of how to answer this question. Really the answer is "who knows?" I don't think its a bad idea, but I would remind them that its an alt event and so it will be very different than a normal event. I also like to remind people that NPCing for a full weekend is very different than PCing for a full weekend. Some really like one, but dislike the other, some like both... Tell them to keep an open mind and remember there is many different ways to play Knight Realms, so if one way dosnt excite you, the other might.

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds