Questions: character rewrite and lodging

25 Oct 2012 22:15 #1 by Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
Questions: character rewrite and lodging was created by Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
By now I assume you veterans are tired of answering all my questions, but what can I say? I have a LOT of questions.
Question 1. Anyway so first i know that people are allowed character mulligans after there first events, but (aside from skills) there is something else i want to change: my characters's name. Yeah yeah I know i should have just spent longer thinking of a better name, but at the time I thought it was pretty good. I COULD make a new character, but I don' t want to lose things attached to my current one. i.e. electrum sword and vassalship to Kaladonia. Besides, my character has made friends in-game.
Question 2. How does one write a group history/backstory? I have already attended 1 event and have yet to submit a history. A friend of mine is interested in also joining and we want to have a relationship prior to entering the game. Do I just write one history with for both of us or do we each write one?
Question 3. I might need to post this on the Kaladonia forums instead but, that same friend and I would like to share a single tent together. Even tho I am part of Kaladonia and she is not, would it be ok for us to share a tent IN Kaladonia together?

Sorry for the longest post in the freakin universe. Yours truly,

Horace Aemains
(Kramer Kwalick)
OOG-Kramer K
  • Kelly
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank Yous: 134
25 Oct 2012 22:51 - 25 Oct 2012 23:18 #2 by Kelly (Kelly)
Replied by Kelly (Kelly) on topic Questions: character rewrite and lodging
Hey,

I'm not a rules marshal, but I'm going to answer this from an RP perspective:

1) There's nothing saying you can't change your name, but if you're not changing characters its going to cause some confusion. You can change your name, but be prepared for a good story if someone asks why your name is different then the last time you were IG. I'm not trying to discourage you from doing this, just want you to be prepared in case someone asks.

2) You can write a history after you've attended the game, you'll submit it to the atmoshere officer and the director for review and approval. You can absolutely write a history with someone else and you can submit it together or seperate. If your characters didn't come into this world together, you may want to flesh out some details individually, then come together to write the time you were together. Character history is meant to be flavor for you IG, so have fun with it. Read some of the history of the game world to help enhance the story.

3) I would not bank on sleeping in a tent for the very fact that there is a hurricane on its way this upcoming week and I don't know that they'll still be assembled after that hits. You and your friend can stay together whereever you find room, regardless of what land they may or may not belong to. Since the statehouses and other buildings fill up quickly, you guys can look for room in the main Inn, the monestary or the side room in the barn. I always suggest buying camp cots at Walmart for $30 bucks and then you'll always guarentee that you have a bed to sleep in (and they tend to be more comfortable then some of the bunk beds). If the tents are up, your friend will not be denied sleeping space in a tent just because they haven't joined the land. The tents don't stay up all winter either.

Dame Zafrin Yhatzi
Knight of Drega'mire

OOG: Kelly Osborne
Last edit: 25 Oct 2012 23:18 by Kelly (Kelly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
  • Chris G.
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Our Life is Made by the Death of Others...
  • Thank Yous: 95
26 Oct 2012 00:24 - 26 Oct 2012 00:26 #3 by Chris G. (Cross)
Replied by Chris G. (Cross) on topic Questions: character rewrite and lodging
Hey Kramer, glad to hear you'll be making it back.

To give an official nod and some additional clarification.

Kelly is correct, you are more than welcome to change your name, I am sure it won't cause much trouble though if you would like to discuss possible RP options for handling this, feel free to PM me and we can see what can be done on that front.

You should both write your individual histories and reference each other in them, then submit them as Kelly said, to

This is a question for the Kaladonia In-Game Forums, though I will echo Kelly to please be aware of the weather and temperature when making sleeping arrangements.

[hr]
Squire Lucas R. Brand
Squire to Lord Antrim Ardentfyre
--
Tanis Rily'anna
--
OOG: Chris Goley
Mook
Last edit: 26 Oct 2012 00:26 by Chris G. (Cross).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
27 Oct 2012 23:21 #4 by Horace Aemains (Kromulus)
Replied by Horace Aemains (Kromulus) on topic Questions: character rewrite and lodging
Unfortunatly the earliest I can make is Feb. but ill definatly be here then. Unless someone lives way out in litchfield CT, i cant come.

Horace Aemains
(Kramer Kwalick)
OOG-Kramer K
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds