Larp Weapons

• alexyak
  • Thank Yous: 0
16 Nov 2012 11:07 - 16 Nov 2012 11:15 #1 by alexyak (ayakaiti)
Larp Weapons was created by alexyak (ayakaiti)
Hello all

I am trying to buy a one handed axe (viking aesthetic would be great) for anywhere between $30-$40 ($50 for viking). Does anyone know where I can find a trustworthy axe, that will be durable when it tastes my enemies' steal? I will also settle for a Bastard Sword same price ranges apply. I saw several decent swords on ebay for 30 dollars and was wondering if anyone knew if they were trustworthy for battle (and wont break), as well as whether they are approved for knight realms(or how to find out if they are)?

Or are boffer weapons the only weapons used in combat???
Last edit: 16 Nov 2012 11:15 by alexyak (ayakaiti).
16 Nov 2012 15:33 #2 by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
Replied by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus) on topic Larp Weapons
No they use all types of latex weapons at KR. While the latex weapons by Calimacil and Forgotten Dreams look amazing, some old schoolers (including myself) still use boffer because they are a little softer and cheaper.

I have bought both Calimacil and Forgotten Dreams weapons; Calimacil are harder, more durable and very expensive. Forgotten Dream weapons are softer, tend to break down a little easier, but are seriously more inexpensive than Calimacil.

Here is an axe link for Forgotten Dreams weapons:
www.medievalcollectibles.com/c-83-larp-axes.aspx

and Calimacil:
www.us.calimacil.com/weapons/axes.html

Hope this information helps!

OOG: Dan "DB" Lupus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown."
-Homer
16 Nov 2012 15:35 #3 by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus)
Replied by Galstaus Nightwolf (galstaus) on topic Larp Weapons
I actually have this one:
www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-5164-viking-short-axe.aspx

It is a great backup weapon to carry, looks great in a leather frog, and has the viking look you desire....

OOG: Dan "DB" Lupus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown."
-Homer
16 Nov 2012 16:21 #4 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic Larp Weapons
Check larp exchange. The owner is a KR player and gives us a good deal. His name is Sean.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
16 Nov 2012 21:51 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic Larp Weapons
And when you come in for checkin......see me. I'll let you know if it's to hard to use or if it's alright for combat.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
  • Keavy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Will bite when provoked
  • Thank Yous: 231
17 Nov 2012 11:36 #6 by Keavy (Dani)
Replied by Keavy (Dani) on topic Larp Weapons
In regards to the bastard sword, I believe I know exactly the one you're talking about because I bought the very same one.

While the price makes it appealing, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. It is a knock-off of the more popular brands, so its quality suffers. It is made of a thick latex foam mix that at first is really hard and makes it heavier than normal LARP weaponry. I almost didn't get it approved because of how hard it is. Since last January, its become a bit softer from squeezing and twisting and use, but it has also broken in several places, which is why it's currently covered in duct tape.

The one thing about the sword that I dislike the most, however, is the weight. If you're going to want to swing fast, it totally weighs you down. Plus, since it's heavy and hard, you'd have to pull your swings anyway so you don't hurt anyone.

I'm in the transition of getting myself two, more professional LARP swords for my character because I can't handle the weight and worry holding me back anymore.

If you can, I'd stick with the better quality axe, or save up for a better quality bastard sword.

In Loyalty to Arawyn,
Keavy Lylas Kennyr'renaith
Servant and Protector of Arawyn
Druid | Totem Diviner | Herald of Nature
Danielle Sanfilippo
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
17 Nov 2012 12:06 #7 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic Larp Weapons
I can help you out. I have a 44" bastard sword I can sell you for $35. It was formerly a Forgotten Dreams weapon, but the latex melted, so it was stripped and duct taped to be usable again. Silver blade, brown hilt, and black grip tape for the handle. If you want Norse runes on it, you can always go that route to make it look more like a Viking blade. I suggest Paint Pens. Sharpie rubs off quickly, and you'll have to retouch it regularly.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds