New Player(s) Introduction

• Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
21 Jan 2013 21:05 #1 by Faila (Faila)
New Player(s) Introduction was created by Faila (Faila)
Greetings. I just wanted to post a quick introduction on my own and my son Alexander's behalf, as we will be attending our first event this weekend.

Alexander is really the driving force behind our LARP interest - he is a Warhammer 40k gamer, loves D&D, is a keen student of Roman and American Revolutionary War history, and has been very curious about LARP for several years. Beyond being Alex's mom, I was involved in the SCA many years (and several Kingdoms) away, and enjoy medieval history and crafts, LOTRO, and used to play a text based MUSH (Elendor) that involved extensive roleplay (albeit online), so I'm pretty curious about the entire LARP experience as well. I must confess that my head is spinning after reading the rule book and trying to keep everything straight, and Alexander and I both have a lot of questions about the way combat works (from armor to damage), but I figure that will all become apparent once we spend a weekend with all of you.

We will be NPCing for our first event, so that we can get a sense of the game play, the game and social dynamics, and start to figure out what characters would add to the world of Travance. Alexander is too young for combat, so he will no doubt have a number of questions about options he might want to pursue IG.

We hope to meet many of you over this weekend.

Our regards,

Crystal and Alexander

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
  • GJSchaller
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Character is to a person, what carbon is to steel.
  • Thank Yous: 1379
21 Jan 2013 21:24 #2 by GJSchaller (GJSchaller)
Replied by GJSchaller (GJSchaller) on topic New Player(s) Introduction
Welcome!

For Alexander - a number of our notable players started off as "too young for combat" - two of them are now Squires to Knights or Lords. Just 'cause you're young, doesn't mean you can't be an impact on the game! Both of them started out as Healers, and later picked up combat classes, but you could also easily start as a caster. or a support class (Mage, Priest, Smith, Physician, etc.).

Crystal - there's more than a few... "older kids" about in the game. ;-) Some of them are parents, and also have their own kids playing as well!

The best advice I can give you at the moment is to read over the New Players section a few times, and be SURE to be warm, dry, and hydrated for this weekend!

Lord Gideon Weaveforger of Kaladonia
Steward of Elvalion
OOG: Geoffrey Schaller
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
21 Jan 2013 22:00 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic New Player(s) Introduction
Hey, name's Conor, Welcome to Knight Realms! I'm one of the New Player Marshals and help new players get involved in the game. If you or Alexander have any questions, post here and I as well as the other players will answer them as soon as we can. Hope to see you soon.

As for non-combat, we discuss some things like that in new player training. Any questions though are welcome.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
21 Jan 2013 23:44 #4 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic New Player(s) Introduction
Also wanted to drop a line and say Hi. My name is Sean and I also am a new player marshal. I double Conor's statement. If you have any questions please feel free to them here or PM us.

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds