New player, Bow question!

• Slykura
  • Thank Yous: 0
30 Jan 2013 23:41 #1 by Slykura (Slykura)
New player, Bow question! was created by Slykura (Slykura)
Greetings All I'm Matt :) So this feb will be my first event and I plan on being an archer and was wondering if this bow would suffice www.walmart.com/ip/Bear-Archery-Titan-Bow/14037536

? I figured id give it a try cause its cheap but if the draw weight goes too high then I guess Ill stick with the larp bows provided in the links. Thanks for your time guys let me know!

Matthew H
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
31 Jan 2013 00:22 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic New player, Bow question!
If the bows on the larp links don't excite you or are too pricey, there are other places to get starter bows...

This bow has a decent draw weight & length.

Just google search around & I'm sure you'll find something that matches what you are looking for.

As for the bow you posted, that's up to the marshals to decide.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slykura (Slykura)
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
31 Jan 2013 03:14 #3 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic New player, Bow question!
What's your price limit? Because for the 75$ or less price range, a good bow choice is really limited to mostly used or self/flat/primitive bows. eBay has some decent options, but since the used market is always hit or miss, what's available will shift.

Have you tried any archery stores? Though I bought mine based on reviews and experience, usually I recommend having the chance to shoot a bow before I buy it.

What's your archery background, as well? That can help in determining what you want to have to shoot.

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
  • Slykura
  • Thank Yous: 0
31 Jan 2013 14:10 #4 by Slykura (Slykura)
Replied by Slykura (Slykura) on topic New player, Bow question!
Thanks for the suggestion bladesworn not a bad choice for me to start out with!
Hey KaT I was trying to keep my limit under 100 for the bow just to be able to have money for the arrows and such, Haven't tried actual arch store yet figured theyd be too pricey but ill check it out just to be safe. Not much backround only shot one a few times, but I think I found a good beginner bow if I find nothing at the store. Thanks for the help looking forward to seeing you all in battle :evil:

Matthew H
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds