Questions on Chainmail

16 Apr 2013 22:36 #1 by Isaac Silber (Isaac Silber)
Questions on Chainmail was created by Isaac Silber (Isaac Silber)
I've been thinking about creating a set of chain mail, and wanted to know if there were any rules or guidelines concerning it. Thanks!
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
16 Apr 2013 23:01 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic Questions on Chainmail
What do you mean by "rules and guidelines"? Armor rules are all ready covered in the rulebook for how much IG time & material it takes to make. If you're talking about the phys-rep (ie the actual suit)... that's covered under armor rules and costuming for Soak & Armor Points.

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caelvan (Caelvan), KaT Adams (katadams), Isaac Silber (Isaac Silber)
  • KaT Adams
  • Thank Yous: 25
16 Apr 2013 23:36 #3 by KaT Adams (katadams)
Replied by KaT Adams (katadams) on topic Questions on Chainmail
What he said! But also don't be afraid to ask specific questions if you can't find what you need! Everyone is generally quite helpful around here about rules confusion! Let exhort you, when going for armor, to really go the extra mile, though! Armor stand out in your garb so strongly, it really is a major visual key when added to any costume, that the craftsmanship will show more strongly than it might in your cloth garments. If you're gonna armor, I feel it's worth the extra bit of effort for most larps.

Which is exactly why my lazy self is not going anywhere near it! I've worked enough leather garb in my life, thank you! ;)

KaT Adams

"His name meant 'Glad Voice,' and once again had meaning."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isaac Silber (Isaac Silber)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds