Been ages, but thinking about coming back

26 Apr 2013 16:56 #1 by Kliff Ragnar (Kliff Ragnar)
Been ages, but thinking about coming back was created by Kliff Ragnar (Kliff Ragnar)
Hello all,

About half a decade ago, I attended my last KR event as the barbarian Kliff Ragnar, which was on a frigid December (or maybe January) night. It was a great event, but money and time issues (I was a college student, alas, a weekday warrior now,) kind of made me give it up. But a random email might have drawn me back. I'd like to do something physical in my life, and returning to LARPing may motivate me to exercise some more. (Probably not, though.) Either way, looking into returning.

I attended KR consistently for ~2 years prior to that last event, mostly as an NPC. Guess I'm writing here today to ask what the biggest changes have been since then. I know the camp has been bought, and I can see from the photos how the setting has been transformed, which looks awesome. But have there been many changes to the way the game is run, or how the players interact? The rules seem to have had some subtle changes, though I can't pick them all out of the new rulebook.

Guess I'm also wondering if this character, whom I played for 1-2 events, still even exists on paper, or if the sheet wound up in some dusty old filing cabinet in a junkyard. I'm not terribly concerned either way--might make a fresh character or just go back to NPCing, but the curiosity irks me.

I know I just missed an event, but I'll be making an effort to return this summer, It's cool to see this game is not only still going, but growing, and I'd love to sink into another world for a weekend once again. :)

-Paul Sweeney
  • Gallion
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank Yous: 2677
27 Apr 2013 20:03 #2 by Gallion (Gallion)
Replied by Gallion (Gallion) on topic Been ages, but thinking about coming back
Hi Paul!

Great hearing from you again! Im about 80% sure we still have your character. If we absolutely cannot find it though, we will work through it to make sure you get all the credit you earned while you were here. Hope to see you again soon! ;)

- James C. Kimball Director, Knight Realms
27 Apr 2013 21:49 #3 by Kliff Ragnar (Kliff Ragnar)
Replied by Kliff Ragnar (Kliff Ragnar) on topic Been ages, but thinking about coming back
Thank you for the assurance James! But I'm hardly concerned about it. If the character sheet happens to have persisted, awesome, but the build/SP are secondary to the character and game. More likely than not, I'll be NPCing a few events while I get a new costume together. (Old stuff has long since disappeared.)

A number of friends have also expressed interest in returning. I think this'll be a cool summer. ^_^

-Paul Sweeney
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallion (Gallion), GFulls (GFulls)
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds