A week in the life and tent questions

• Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
06 May 2013 20:56 - 07 May 2013 06:28 #1 by Faila (Faila)
A week in the life and tent questions was created by Faila (Faila)
Good evening everyone,

I am trying to work out some logistics. Alexander (the very enthusiastic 11 year old you have seen NPCing recently,) and I (his mom) are trying to figure out when we will introduce our PCs. We would like to make sure that on our first weekend playing P.C.s we can do new player training and participate in the new player mods for Friday night and Saturday. However, because of real life, we are not able to make the early part of Week in the Life and would only be able to show up on Friday. So, our question is, will there be new player training and new player mods starting on Friday night of Week in the Life, or will most of the new player stuff happen earlier in the week (on Weds. or Thursday?). Knowing this, if possible, will help us decide when we decide to break out our PCs

Our next question is about the tents. We noticed in April that many of the platform tents were empty and wondered about staying in one. We have a bit of a unique situation in that I have to make sure the a fore mentioned 11 year old gets some reasonable amount of sleep. We accept that if we are PC and in a tent, we might encounter a life threatening IG event. Can someone explain how the canvas tents work? Do we need to get permission from the Baron/Baronesses of the land?

Last question. I am working on developing my PC and working out my preliminary build. If there is a Smith out there who would be willing to PM with a new player to assist with my character, I would appreciate it. I would like to make sure her build reflects her background.

Warm regards,

Crystal G.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Last edit: 07 May 2013 06:28 by Faila (Faila). Reason: clarity
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow)
  • geezer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 448
06 May 2013 21:02 #2 by geezer (geezer)
Replied by geezer (geezer) on topic A week in the life and tent questions
We can put you up in one of the Pendarvin tents. He will get is sleep, meet some good people, both IG and OOG, and you will both be safe. Given that Amizar will be in the tent, you do not have to worry about rowdy.

Edwin Haroldson
Loremaster
Master of the Mages' Guild

An ethical person does the right thing when no one is watching.

OOG - Charlie Spiegel - Kitchen Marshal

"War is a matter of vital importance to the State..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicia D. (MaidenInSnow), Faila (Faila)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
06 May 2013 21:28 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic A week in the life and tent questions
As Charlie has said you can find tents in any of the sites, most of the ones that don't have tents have something wrong/ need repairs.

As to the New Player Training. Yes there will be the usual new player mod and such that goes on during a normal weekend. We usually do one for both of the events, as there is a break period between the two events and we do everything for the standard weekend at that time. While there will be some new player stuff during the wed-fri portion we will have most of the things go on during the usual times.

If you would like to discuss any new player character construction feel free to send myself or the new player marshals a PM and we can help you out with any of your questions.

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
  • Kadin D
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 53
06 May 2013 22:56 #4 by Kadin D (Katie D)
Replied by Kadin D (Katie D) on topic A week in the life and tent questions
We could also see about getting you beds in the monastery building as well. I am also a new player marshal, I also have some experience writing a card for a non combat child. Let me know if you would like any help.

Physician

Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

OOG - Katie DeFranza

New Player Marshal, Safety Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faila (Faila)
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
07 May 2013 11:39 #5 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic A week in the life and tent questions
Thank you for all of the offers of assistance, very much appreciated.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds