hello everyone. i'm new.

• Pj
  • Thank Yous: 0
06 Jul 2013 21:06 #1 by Pj (Jammas)
hello everyone. i'm new. was created by Pj (Jammas)
hello everyone, my name is Pj. i'm from south Jersey (very close to long beach island). I have been interested in beginning LARP. a good friend of mine sent me a link to Knight Realms, and after reading up, I am highly interested on playing. I understand 1st time players must NPC the 1st day (or recommend 1st time players NPC), but also I am uncertain on what to play. also as a soon to be player any newbie advice I would appreciate it..

also as of bad car trouble, I was wondering if anyone was close to where I live, if anyone would not mind a tag along to events. gas money is ALWAYS given.

thank you everyone and hope to hear from you :-)

P.J.
  • Bladesworn
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank Yous: 238
06 Jul 2013 21:22 #2 by Bladesworn (Bladesworn)
Replied by Bladesworn (Bladesworn) on topic hello everyone. i'm new.
Hey PJ...

We find NPCing a good way for new players to get their feet wet in the game as it allows you to "sample" a bunch of different roles & play styles. If you are uncertain, then you're in a great position. Allow the time you NPC to show you how the game goes & what you liked/disliked about what you did.

Best piece of New Player advice is to read the "New Players!" section on the website... read the rulebook (which looks really daunting, but is so worth it)... & post whatever SPECIFIC questions you have on the forum.

As for car pooling, make you you list where you are exactly or name a landmark close to you so others can know where you are & hopefully someone can help you with transportation. Not a guarantee, but it helps...

IG: Tyran Radley
Vassal of Alisandria
OOG: Paul Y.
  • Pj
  • Thank Yous: 0
06 Jul 2013 21:44 #3 by Pj (Jammas)
Replied by Pj (Jammas) on topic hello everyone. i'm new.
Paul,

Thank you for the advice, i'll take a better look at the rule book and also ill read more of the forums of new players..

Also if anyone does read this.. my area I live is Barnegat (town), I am right off route 9, and exit 67 on Garden state Parkway. if you know where Manahawkin is, Barnegat is the next town north going up rt. 9 and garden state parkway. if you know where toms river is, take rt 9 south and parkway south (67 A exit)..

P.J.
  • Mirwen Silverbow
  • Shadows and darkness are not to be feared. As with any other tool, it is the will of the wielder that does evil or good.
  • Thank Yous: 85
08 Jul 2013 00:04 #4 by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen)
Replied by Mirwen Silverbow (Mirwen) on topic hello everyone. i'm new.
Hi PJ! I'm Christine, a New Player Marshal. I'm glad to see you're interested in trying out our game!
NPCing is a fantastic way to try out what kind of character you think you'd want to be, but we don't make it mandatory for new players to spend their first weekend, or even their first night, in a non-player role. If you think you'd like some more general one-on-one discussion about character creation, I'd be glad to help you out, as would any of the other New Player Marshals (they're also going to say hello to you here very soon, I'm sure!). You can PM any of us, and we can help you out with game information and point you to useful pages or sections in the rulebook. Personally, I know I like debating the pros and cons of the races and classes and combinations of them with my friends when I'm making a new character for any system!
I hope everything works out and we see you in game soon!

Lady Mirwen Silverbow of Pendarvin
Master of the Mage's Guild
Mage's Guild Scribe

[IMG

Christine B
New Player Marshal
Logistics Marshal
The following user(s) said Thank You: KaT Adams (katadams)
08 Jul 2013 07:48 #5 by Caldor Eirson (Caldor)
Replied by Caldor Eirson (Caldor) on topic hello everyone. i'm new.
Speaking as a newer player - all of the New Player marshals really are awesome. I highly recommend taking to them.

Caldor Eirson,

Gothi and High Priest of Gaia
Wedding Planner, Match Maker,
Vintner
Spiritual Advisor To Kaladonia

~~~~~~
OOG: Jason M.
Deputy Kitchen Marshal
Land System Marshal

Q: How many people does it take to teach a barbarian how to read?
A: 1 knight, 3 squires, and 1 master of the mages guild.
~~~~~~~
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds