New Player Introduction

• Aoirwin
  • Thank Yous: 0
14 Jul 2013 18:56 - 14 Jul 2013 18:59 #1 by Aoirwin (Aoiranma)
New Player Introduction was created by Aoirwin (Aoiranma)
I am Matthew Preissman, got to say I like the style and story you have and the choices, and after reading though most of the stuff (just reading it - too much to memorize right away) I am glad Typhon (IG name) introduced me to this. Looking forward to meeting everyone and making many friends.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2013 18:59 by Aoirwin (Aoiranma).
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
14 Jul 2013 19:18 #2 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic New Player Introduction
Congrats on deciding to join our ranks! Are you thinking of coming to the next event as a PC or trying to get a feel by NPCing your first weekend?

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
14 Jul 2013 23:07 #3 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic New Player Introduction
Hello, and Welcome to Knight Realms!

I'm Justin, one of many New Player Marshalls who will most likely make themselves known here. It's our job to make sure you have a good time, and answer any questions you have. So, if there's anything you need, feel free to post it here, or send me a PM, and I'll do my best to help you out.

Don't worry about memorizing the entire rulebook, there are very few people who know all of it. As a general rule, I always say know what your character can do, and what can stop them from doing it. Everything else will come with time (and lots of NPC shifts)

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy!

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
15 Jul 2013 12:35 #4 by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507)
Replied by Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga (Null507) on topic New Player Introduction
Hey, Matthew. I'm glad you managed to decipher my horrible handwriting. Welcome to the Knight Realms Forums and to the game in general. You're going to have a ton of fun here.

Typhon Cedricson Scyldinga
Hero of Auralion
Warrior of the White Wolf

- Druid

David Reyes
  • Aoirwin
15 Jul 2013 23:08 #5 by Aoirwin (Aoiranma)
Replied by Aoirwin (Aoiranma) on topic New Player Introduction
Thanks for the warm welcome :cheer: - for now I'm still debating on starting as a Driud (go figure) or warm up and learn the ropes a bit as an NPC. I am someone who learns best by doing so both work well.

Thank you Justin/Augustus I will probably take you up on you offer of knowledge in the future, as I will be a follower of Chronicler:P
17 Jul 2013 18:18 #6 by Sean Moulson (Moulson13)
Replied by Sean Moulson (Moulson13) on topic New Player Introduction
Hi Maththew,
Like Justin, I am a new player marshall. Let me know if you have any question. I agree with Justin, just learn what you will be doing and let everyone else worry about their own rules.
Again any questions please feel free to PM me or post on the boards.Welcome aboard!

Anhil Shadesar, Knight of Kaladonia

Storyteller
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
17 Jul 2013 18:44 #7 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic New Player Introduction
Both options of just throwing yourself in feet first or NPCing are great and are a lot of fun. I NPCed 6 months before I came in as my character, which gave me a pool of build and services points to work with. Also gave me time to fully flesh out my costuming, props, etc. Heck, you may find out what sort of fighter you enjoy playing IG such as weapon type or casting that way or that you don't like fighting at all (that happens sometimes) before you invest in weaponry and such. That's just my own two cents. Both options are great for a person who learns on their feet though so do what you want to do and what makes you happy.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aoirwin (Aoiranma)
  • Aoirwin
21 Jul 2013 07:55 - 21 Jul 2013 07:58 #8 by Aoirwin (Aoiranma)
Replied by Aoirwin (Aoiranma) on topic New Player Introduction
Actually, since you mentioned you have a lot experience with NPCing, could you tell me a bit more about it and how it works? Is there a list of characters you can choose to NPC as or do they say. When I read about it it seems to just say act your best - not what exactly you do do it or how it works.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2013 07:58 by Aoirwin (Aoiranma).
  • Matt D
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Photographer extraordinaire!
  • Thank Yous: 557
21 Jul 2013 10:07 #9 by Matt D (MattD)
Replied by Matt D (MattD) on topic New Player Introduction
Basically you are given a role, and you goal is to keep the PCs entertained. Sometimes you'll have a monster marshal that is able to send you out as what you want, maybe have you test out a class you want to play, but that depends on what is needed at the time.

Elias Ashby
Proprietor of the Ashby Family General Store

Lord Templar Rayven Nightwing of the Order of Holy Light

(OOG - Matt D. - Photographer)
  • Matthias
  • Thank Yous: 7
21 Jul 2013 10:29 #10 by Matthias (Matthias)
Replied by Matthias (Matthias) on topic Re:New Player Introduction
Also it is rare you'd play just on NPC character. You'll likely play a bunch of different types of NPCs serially.

OOG: Nicholas B.
21 Jul 2013 16:13 #11 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic New Player Introduction
Hey Matthew!

I know I'm a little late responding here, but welcome to Knight Realms! I'm glad you're considering this game. If you need any help with rules questions or need to be shown the ropes come find me and if I can't answer them, I can definately point you to the right people who can.

Look forward to meeting you and having the opportunity to roleplay with you!

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds