New NPCs For August

• Esten
  • Thank Yous: 2
11 Aug 2013 11:14 #1 by Esten (TinyDanser84)
New NPCs For August was created by Esten (TinyDanser84)
Hi, my name is Samantha, and my friend and I are hoping to join you at this month's event as NPCs. I've actually NPC'd for you guys once or twice maybe four years ago or so? It's been awhile. Anyway, various circumstances prevented me from returning for awhile, but my friend and I have seen your booth at NYCC the past two years which piqued her interest and renewed mine. So we're finally getting up there for an event, but I was wondering if there was anything we should know that's not covered in the New Player sections on the site. I've never been to this particular camp (I don't think you guys owned your own camp last time I played) and I've never stayed for a whole weekend, as in the past I would only come up for a Saturday. Specifically, I saw that there's a New Player Training at 9pm on Fridays. Is that only for PCs or should new NPCs attend as well? Also should we expect to be sleeping in tents or a cabin (and if it's a tent do we need to bring our own?)

Thanks, and I look forward to the event!

OOG: Sam M
IG: Esten
  • Casandra
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Let me take you on a journey like no other...
  • Thank Yous: 206
11 Aug 2013 11:53 #2 by Casandra (Casandra)
Replied by Casandra (Casandra) on topic New NPCs For August
Hi Samantha,

Glad you saw us at NYCC and that you are joining us again!

To briefly answer: The New Player Training Class is for everyone.

You CAN bring your own tent if you would like, but there are some tents available to share with others.

I'm sure the New Player marshals will be available here to answer any other questions or concerns you have this week.

Welcome!

MB

Casandra Blackthorne
Lady of Alisandria

Merchant and Professional Absintheur
Black Orchid Merchant Company

11 Aug 2013 16:24 #3 by Jade Peverell (Angel M.)
Replied by Jade Peverell (Angel M.) on topic New NPCs For August
Hey there Samantha!

My name is Angel. The first thing I'd like to say is that it is great to have you back with us and I'm excited to meet both of you!
It looks like Mary Beth answered most of your questons already, but if you have any further questions feel free to ask here, PM me or find me at the game. Upon arrival during sign in, there will be plenty of New Player Marshals there to assist you. To repeat what Mary Beth said, all new players are welcome to New Player Training. As for sleeping arrangements, you may be able to find a bed or two in one of the many cabins we have on camp or in one of the tents. But feel free to bring your own if that makes you more comfortable.

Can't wait to have the opportunity to role play with you both! See you soon! :-)

~ Angel M.

Jade Peverell

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
OOG: Angel Mowery

Role Play Marshal
New Player Marshal
  • Esten
11 Aug 2013 18:03 #4 by Esten (TinyDanser84)
Replied by Esten (TinyDanser84) on topic New NPCs For August
Thanks for the info! I don't actually own a tent, so it's good to hear we won't need to bring one :-) Just wanted to make sure there would be some kind of sleeping space available if we didn't.

• Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
12 Aug 2013 10:44 #5 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic New NPCs For August
If you get there early you can stay in the Inn! This has the benefits of being indoors and being around a lot of action.
Also, if i'm not completely mistaken, the back room in the barn is almost always used for NPC players.
The people at this game are SUPER ACCOMMODATING and will absolutely help you find a place.

If you do end up in a tent, make sure you have bug spray.
Actually, bring bug spray regardless.
And sunblock.
Also, extra socks. If you think you've brought enough socks, you haven't, bring more.

If you bring food wit ya bad self, make sure to talk to a kitchen marshal about putting stuff in the fridge in the inn.
Keeping it in the tents is possible, but make sure you have some sort of air tight container.
Animals absolutely will come into your tent and go through your things if you don't.

Anywhos,
Welcome back, and have an awesome event :)

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
12 Aug 2013 23:45 #6 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Re:New NPCs For August
Hello, my name is Justin, and I'm one of the aforementioned New Player Marshals. Jen is right, there is a back room in the barn (where new player training is) that is typically used by Full Time NPCs.

Welcome Back, and if there's anything you need, feel free to post it here, or send me a PM.

I look forward to running from whatever monsters you get sent out as!

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
  • Esten
15 Aug 2013 17:05 #7 by Esten (TinyDanser84)
Replied by Esten (TinyDanser84) on topic Re:New NPCs For August
Thanks for all the info, the friendly welcome just made me want to come even more! Unfortunately, we hit a last-minute schedule snag and it doesn't look like we'll be able to make it this weekend :(

So I hope you guys have a great event, and we'll see you in September!

Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds