Hello and a question

11 Aug 2013 23:53 #1 by Captain Wolfgang Vayne (nickc23)
Hello and a question was created by Captain Wolfgang Vayne (nickc23)
Hello everyone!

I posted previously asking character build questions, which you guys were extremely helpful with. My name is Nick (Victor Shryke) and I will be attending this weekend's event. Very excited and I've been working on my costume for a little while now. I did have a question, however. I'm looking to bring spell packets, paper towels, etc. for some service points. I was wondering where I would find the list as to what's needed. Those extra 400 service points during character generation would be a huge help.

Thanks for your time

Captain Wolfgang Vayne
Captain of The Tidesbane
Founder of Sun Seeker Merchants

OOG- Nick Cirranello
  • Aemorniel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • In Truth, all things are Bound.
  • Thank Yous: 108
12 Aug 2013 01:26 - 12 Aug 2013 01:29 #2 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel)
Replied by Aemorniel (Aemorniel) on topic Hello and a question
Spell packets are always a welcome donation. You don't have to announce you're bringing those--you just bring your container of them to logistics when you sign in and they'll take the donation and sign right off on it on your card. The SP points for those are awarded for every 100 or so you donate and what amount of SP you'll get depends on the method you make them in. You can find those numbers in the rules book if you are curious what they are. If memory serves me right, 100 sewn spell packets are worth 1000 SP if you're main goal is to get to 400 SP for your character.

As for the paper towels and stuff, normally Charlie posts what we are running low on in the kitchen. On the forums his name is Geezer. You could message him and ask him directly what is needed for this coming event since I don't think he's posted a donation thread for this coming event.

Also, as word of advice, regulations ask people to put their real name in their signatures on the forums--not just their character names. It's an easy fix. :) I put my nickname and the initial for my last name so if you're worried about privacy, you don't have to put your full name.

Loremaster Aemorniel Estelwen Silverbow
The Quill of the Witch Hunter Academy of Travance
Apprentice to the Baronial Small Council
Court Scholar of Pendarvin
Assistant Editor and Columnist of The Travance Chronicle

While Others Succumb, We Overcome
~~~~~~~~~
OOG--JJ G.

The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited, or erased. It can only be accepted.
Last edit: 12 Aug 2013 01:29 by Aemorniel (Aemorniel).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gunnar Gunnarson (jhines0042), Captain Wolfgang Vayne (nickc23)
  • Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
12 Aug 2013 23:55 #3 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Re:Hello and a question
Hey!
Another way to get Service Points if you're strapped for time, is to volunteer for another NPC shift. It does give you less time to play your PC, but you do get SP. Also, sometimes Marshals need volunteers for specific mods and will give SP to volunteers.

Also, you can help out in the kitchens, or with many things around camp. I used to help set up the inn, and that gave me a lot of service points that really helped boost my PC.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM, or you can just post here.

I look forward to seeing you in Travance!

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
  • Faila
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank Yous: 173
16 Aug 2013 22:16 #4 by Faila (Faila)
Replied by Faila (Faila) on topic Re:Hello and a question
A bit of a late answer, but there are other things beyond spell packets that are often needed (make-up, light sources, etc.). If you look over the forums, you will often see posts asking for specific items (it is nice to know, when you are trying to help out the game, that you are actually getting something that is needed!).

Welcome.

IG: Faila Stormshard Steelson
Owner of Steelson Smithing and Culpepper Drumworks
"May your heart be brave, your mind fierce, and your spirit strong."

Alt: "Gigi"
Dealer in rare books and librarian

OOG: Crystal G.
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds