-waves akwardly-

14 Aug 2013 16:24 #1 by Sin the fox (Sin the fox)
-waves akwardly- was created by Sin the fox (Sin the fox)
Hello.....I'm new....um, and stuff. >>

OOG name: Ashley or Sin (I go by both of these.)
14 Aug 2013 16:34 #2 by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand)
Replied by Meander Correlis (SarahBrand) on topic -waves akwardly-
Hello, there! My name's Sarah, good to have you on the boards! Are you planning on attending an upcoming event? If you have any questions about getting started with character creation or anything else, this topic is a good place to get some assistance!

One quick note:

Signatures:
The most important rule of the forums: Please sign your posts! All posts must be signed with your OOG (Real Life) name - at least your first name. Knight Realms is a friendly and personable community, and we would like to know who we are talking to - it's a matter of courtesy and respect to say who you are to everyone else. (We understand if you do not want to post your full last name for security reasons, an initial - i.e.: "Joe S." - is fine.)

Please add your Real (OOG) name to your Signature under your Profile (above) so that it is added to all posts automatically.

Welcome to Knight Realms! ^^

~Meander Correlis, Master Alchemist
Baronial Ambassador to Londwyn
Champion of Homunculi City

(OOG: Sarah Brand)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sin the fox (Sin the fox)
  • Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
  • Thank Yous: 487
14 Aug 2013 16:36 #3 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Replied by Caelvan (Caelvan) on topic -waves akwardly-
Hey. Name is Conor and I'm a New Player Marshal. What that means is it is my job to help you get into the game, introduced to people, answer any questions you may have, etc.

So with that said, anything you need don't hesitate to ask.

Again welcome to Knight Realms,

Caelvan Renaith
March Warden of Selandrias
[hr]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
14 Aug 2013 16:40 #4 by Sin the fox (Sin the fox)
Replied by Sin the fox (Sin the fox) on topic -waves akwardly-
Well, I would like to come and check you guys out. (when I can find the time to) I just finished settling in to my new house, and I was told about you by a nice man I met at a walmart. I would have to rope my buddy into driving me. lol

Other than the little rant, I'm just checking out the site for now, and was wondering if when I do make a character, as I am very curious, do you know if making an elf would be some thing I would have to wait on? I've Larped before; and I'm fairly good at it. But I didn't know if that race would be restricted until I've come to a few events or not. The few groups I've tried out before had always been unclear on that.

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Blights will taste my sword. Those who corrupt Arawyn will pay with their lives
14 Aug 2013 16:57 - 14 Aug 2013 17:00 #5 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
we don't have any "restricted races" we have capped races, which is that there can only be a certain number of them at a time.

Elves have 3 subraces. Selendrians(wood/sylvan elves) Quinarians (High Elves) and Dark Elves. The only elf race that is capped is Dark Elves. How ever they are not currently at their capped number yet so you can play one if you wished.

If you wish to see any of the races or professions they can be found in the core rulebook here: www.knightrealms.com/index.php?option=co...ory&id=95&Itemid=586

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
Last edit: 14 Aug 2013 17:00 by Caelvan (Caelvan).
14 Aug 2013 17:04 #6 by Sin the fox (Sin the fox)
Wonderful, Thank you for the help. I have played as a dark elf before, but I was thinking of using the high elf, or the wood elf as my starter if O can get one thought up before a come and check you guys out. Now I assume that arm and weapons are going to have to be simple for me at first, yes?

Like a plain tabard and such?

• Caelvan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Aug 2013 17:10 #7 by Caelvan (Caelvan)
Nope. Can be as advanced as you want it to look. It will be default steel(or leather if it's made out of leather) But the OOG look of it can be as simple or advanced as you want. (we just ask no cardboard type armor) for better explanation you can check out this link: www.knightrealms.com/weapons-armor/244-m...t-knight-realms.html

Or the armor section in the Core Rulebook

Caelvan Renaith
[hr]
Gal'Azin Merikh Tazam
Death's Will
[hr]
OOG:
Conor Peckham
-Marshal
14 Aug 2013 17:19 #8 by Sin the fox (Sin the fox)
Yeah, cardboard would look awful. XD

I make all my own stuff is why I asked. I'm working on a leather armor set at the moment, and could use that, it's both simple and not so simple at the same time. the stich is very nice, and other than that it looks like a simple set. I have a few tabards as well. lol

I shall see what I can do. Thank you so much, and if I have anymore questions I shall not hesitate to ask them.

Diol llie, desha sai sai amin heru.

• Augustus
  • Thank Yous: 56
14 Aug 2013 23:39 #9 by Augustus (OEBlaze)
Replied by Augustus (OEBlaze) on topic Re:-waves akwardly-
Hey, my name is Justin, and I'm also a New Player Marshal. I just wanted to reiterate what Conor said, if you have any more questions, feel free to post them here, or shoot me a PM if you want.

Also, it sounds like you'll be coming in with better garb than I had! I look forward to seeing you at game. Do you think you'll be coming up on Friday, or further down the road?

John Smith
[hr][hr]Augustus Waters
Private in the Baronial Guard

[hr]OOG: Justin E. Torres
New Player Marshal
[hr]
15 Aug 2013 07:44 #10 by Mordryn Lectar (mordy)
Replied by Mordryn Lectar (mordy) on topic -waves akwardly-
Welcome! A good way to check things out is to NPC, it's what I did to start and it helped me get a feel for the races and classes at KR. Plus it gives you some extra build for when you build a PC.

Either way you'll find everyone really helpful. They patiently answered the thousand questions I had ( and still have). So don't be shy at all.

OOG: Jim Melan
  • Croínamara
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Sock Marshal
  • Thank Yous: 467
15 Aug 2013 09:36 #11 by Croínamara (Jen)
Replied by Croínamara (Jen) on topic -waves akwardly-
Hi, I'm Jen, and I am not a marshal of any kind here to say SOCKS. ALWAYS BRING EXTRA SOCKS.

Welcome to the game :)

~danubes away~

Croínamara Ull Uidhir of Clan Uidhir
Squire to Knight Captain Magnus
Chancellor of the Arts
Sergeant of the Baronial Guard

OOG:
Jen F.
Roleplay Marshal
16 Aug 2013 18:37 #12 by Sin the fox (Sin the fox)
You are all so nice, Thanks for the helpful advise and all. ^^ I wont be coming to this weekend's event, but hope to see you all at some in the coming month.

• Garreth
  • Thank Yous: 0
17 Aug 2013 13:18 #13 by Garreth (anotherdrunkbarbar)
Replied by Garreth (anotherdrunkbarbar) on topic -waves akwardly-
The best bet is to build a class off of your play style in other freestyle console rpg's. for example, I tend to make skirmishes types. I.e. no armor heavier than chain, versatile weapon styles (like dual wielding or hand and a half sword styles) and I pick a race to amp up health considering my armor preferences.
  • Garreth
  • Thank Yous: 0
17 Aug 2013 13:22 #14 by Garreth (anotherdrunkbarbar)
Replied by Garreth (anotherdrunkbarbar) on topic -waves akwardly-
By the way, forgot to mention I'm just an old player returning come winter.

Raffi Kadian
17 Aug 2013 14:51 #15 by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933)
Replied by Donald MacFhionnlaigh (raidr0933) on topic -waves akwardly-
You make the second person I know who identifies with a fox. Time will tell if its a case of whether LARPing or airsofting I wind up with a fox as a sidekick.

Donald MacFhionnlaigh
OOG: Sean Farquharson "Jarhead"
Moderators: Lois Heimdell (LoisMaxwell)
Time to create page: 0.577 seconds